If you are looking for the process to capture and upload receipts to QuickBooks desktop 2021, then this article would work wonders for you. With the help of the QuickBooks desktop mobile app or the system, the user can upload the receipts to QuickBooks desktop. The software will pull the information from the receipt and will match it with a transaction that exists. After that the user will be able to review and approve the match. In this article, we will be discussing in depth about the process to upload receipts to QuickBooks desktop. Thus, if you are interested in knowing the step by step process, then read ahead.
You can also get the details about the process to upload receipts to QuickBooks desktop, by talking to our QuickBooks professionals.
You may read also: How to Enter or Edit Payroll Service Key in QuickBooks?
Steps to Upload receipts to QuickBooks Desktop (Latest Steps)
Steps to be followed to upload receipts to QuickBooks desktop:
Step 1: Adding the receipts to QuickBooks desktop
The user needs to ensure to not upload any sensitive information like credit card numbers, social security numbers, or health information.
Uploading receipts from QuickBooks desktop
The steps involved to upload PDF’s or images of the receipt in QuickBooks desktop. The user needs to ensure that if the user is making use of PDFs, and the user can only have one receipt per page.
- The steps to be followed are to move to the vendor menu and then choose receipt management
- Followed by selecting the intuit account you use for the company file
- It should be noted that if you don’t have the permission for accessing the company file or the account isn’t associated with one.
- The user needs to drag and drop your receipts into QuickBooks or choose browse to upload and then select the receipts.
Uploading receipts from the QuickBooks desktop iOS mobile app
It should be noted that the QuickBooks desktop supports PDF’s and images with JPEG, JPG, GIF, or PNG format. In case you use a newer iPhone or iPad, the user might have HEIC format images. The user can convert existing images to a compatible format.
- The user needs to sign in to Intuit account and select the company to upload receipts to from the QuickBooks desktop app
- And then, tap on the company to upload receipts to, and tap on continue
- Now, tap on capture receipt
- The next step is to tap the camera icon to take a picture of the receipt or tap the photos icon to upload your receipt. The user can crop and rotate the photo
- The user needs to tap on use this photo
- And add a name and memo, and then tap upload photo and hit OK tab
- The last step is to sign in the QuickBooks desktop company file review, edit and match receipts to transactions.
Upload receipts from QuickBooks desktop android mobile app
In case the user hasn’t already, the user needs to download the QuickBooks desktop android app. The steps to be followed here are:
- The very first step is to open the QuickBooks desktop android app and then tap on receipt snap
- After that, tap on the company to upload receipts to and hit continue
- The next step is to tap on capture receipt
- Once done with that tap the camera icon to take a picture of the receipt or tap the photos icon to upload the receipt. In case you need to, the user can crop and rotate the photo
- The user will then have to tap on use this photo
- Followed by, adding a name and memo and also tap on upload photo and hit OK tab
- Also, sign in to the Intuit account and choose the company to upload receipts to. The user will only need to do this once
- The last step is to sign in to the QuickBooks desktop company file to review, edit, and match receipts to transactions.
Step 2: Reviewing, editing, and matching receipts to transactions
After uploading the expense receipts in QuickBooks, the user will see in the for-review tab. This is where the user can review, editing, matching, or adding transactions to the register. The steps to be followed are:
- The first step is to move to the vendor menu and then choose receipt management
- And then, from the for-review tab, and choose the refresh icon to see the receipts
- Followed by selecting the small arrow and then selecting review
- Now, in case the receipt matches the transaction, then choose attach tab
- In case the match is wrong, then choose remove match them create a new transaction
- Lastly, select OK tab.
How to give users access to receipt management?
In case there are users to give access to upload receipts or create new transactions to match receipts with, you can give different access depending on their role. The user will need the permissions to give the user:
- Bank Registers (and all Banking Accounts)
- Credit card charges
- Credit card registers
- Customer Center
- Vendor Center
- Chart of Accounts List
- Class List
- Edit Bills
- Pay Bills
In QuickBooks desktop, the user will be able to upload, review, and match the receipts to transactions. The user can also add transactions to the register. In QuickBooks mobile, the user will be able to upload receipts. Before getting started, the user needs to ensure that the user has an Intuit account associated with the company file.
- The very first step is to move to the vendor menu and then select receipt management
- After that select the manage users tab
- Now, depending upon what the user wants to do, select either give desktop and mobile access or give only mobile access
- Also, hit the continue tab
- Moving ahead, select the add user tab and then hit enter the users email address
- The last step is to keep the role as basic user, then select save tab
When the user accepts email invite, then they will have the access to manage receipts
Related Article: Steps to Create a Refund Receipt in QuickBooks
Towards the end of this article, we believe that the information shared in above might be enough to upload receipts to QuickBooks desktop. However, if you have any query, or in case of any issue, give us a call at our toll-free customer support number i.e. 1-844-521-0490. Our QuickBooks enterprise customer support experts will be there to assist you and provide you with immediate technical assistance.
Other helpful articles to read: