Here are 5 steps to fix the file exists error in QuickBooks
QuickBooks is considered as one of the best accounting software around the globe. However, despite its impeccable features that it offers its users, there are still inevitable technical glitches that users come across from time to time. One of these common errors is the famous “File Exists” error. This error message can come up in a variety of situations, such as while downloading payroll, paying scheduled liabilities, and while opening a federal or state form.
The complete error message that users come across in such situations is – “The file you specified cannot be opened. It must not be already in use by another program or a read-only file” or “The Windows Error was The File Exists.”
So, in this article, we are going to talk about the reasons behind QuickBooks ‘File Exists‘ error, and steps to troubleshoot the error. However, if you are looking for expert assistance, then in that case, you can get in touch with our QuickBooks support team via our toll-free number i.e. 1-800-969-7370.
Our team experts and certified professionals will assist round the clock to get rid of any kind of QuickBooks related issues.
You may also read: How to create a Refund Receipt in QuickBooks?
Causes of QuickBooks Windows Error ‘The File Exists’
Being a standard error, there are a handful of factors that can be the cause behind QuickBooks Windows Error ‘The File Exists.‘ So, here are some of the most common ones that you might have to fix.
- Inactive Internet connection on the system
- Improper and outdated Firewall
- Wrong Internet security settings
- Outdated QuickBooks Desktop application file
- QuickBooks is being interrupted by Windows User Account Control
- User does not have admin rights
- Improper QuickBooks Installation causing errors
Troubleshooting methods for QuickBooks Error ‘The File Exists.’
As you have seen, there are a lot of factors that might be the cause behind the presence of the error on your system. That is why here are some of the Troubleshooting steps that will help you to fix ‘The File Exists‘ error completely. So, make sure to follow all the steps in the presented order:
Method #1: Turn off UAC in Windows Settings
- Go to Windows settings
- Search for UAC option
- In case the UAC feature is turned on, make sure that you turn it off
- Once done, reboot the system.
Method #2: Check for QuickBooks Desktop Application Updates
- For this, Open QB Desktop and click Product information option under the Help Tab.
- Select the correct year and version of your QuickBooks software from the drop-down list.
- Click on search and then proceed by clicking Get the Latest Updates Option.
- Once you have located the relevant files, save the data on your system’s desktop.
- After the downloading process is complete, run the installation process and make sure to follow all the on-screen instructions perfectly.
- Lastly, reboot the system once all the updates are installed completely.
Method #3: Re-Register QuickBooks.DLL and.OCX file using reboot.bat file
- Exit from the QB Desktop Application
- Now, Right-click on the QB icon on the Desktop and select Properties
- Click on Open File Location and find the folder where the reboot.bat file is present
- Visit the folder where the file is present and run the file as an administrator
- Wait for the command prompt to open and close up for once.
- After this, reboot the system and repeat the process in which the error was showing up.
Method #4: Allocating full control access to the user
- Right-click on the QB icon on the Desktop and select Properties
- Click on Open File Location to open up a menu. Here, delete the entire file address
- Now, Right-click on the QB Folder and choose Properties option.
- Under the security section, click on the Edit option and then select Add option
- Here, select Everyone and then click on OK button.
- After this, you will have to select the Full Control option and then click on Apply.
- Reboot your system and try working on the files again to check for the error.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks abort error?
Method #5: Fixing “The File Exists” error while printing forms issue
- Start with your Desktop and Press Windows + R keys, type control and then hit Enter
- You select the Devices and Printers option
- Here, Right-click on the device and select Remove on the printer with which you are facing issues
- Exit QB Desktop and open task manager from either the taskbar or using the CTRL + ALT + DEL key shortcut
- Locate the QBW32.exe process under the process tab and right-click on it
- End the process and Click Yes if a confirmation prompt appears on the screen
- Now, you have to navigate to C drive > Program Data > Intuit > QuickBooks (for QuickBooks Premier users) or follow C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Intuit\(QuickBooks_version)\TSPrinterSettings\ (for QuickBooks Enterprise users)
- Here, find and delete the file named QBPRINT.qbp. Once done, reboot the system and try to print again.
If all the solutions mentioned above are followed in the right manner, then the chances are that the error will be fixed. In case the problem persists and the error is present, you can contact our QuickBooks enterprise support team at +1-800-969-7370 for quick and precise solutions.
Thanks for visiting us and spending your valuable time in reading this blog post. We hope this article might help you to get rid of the issue.