Know All the Essential Requirements for QuickBooks Enterprise solutions
Intuit’s QuickBooks Enterprise can probably be the answer to all your accounting requirements. However, you should make sure that your computer meets some essential requirements to be compatible with this advanced accounting software. That will allow you to use QB Enterprise smoothly and you will be able to make the most of it.
Before buying any product for the system, it is a basic and must thing to ensure whether your system is prepared for introducing a new program or not. System requirements basically elaborates what all system configurations are required, for running the particular hardware or software application efficiently and seamlessly. The system configurations basically include: Operating system requirements, Processor, Model, and stuff like that.
In this post, after consulting our experts, we have listed system requirements for QuickBooks Enterprise solutions for you to understand it easily. We also deem to educate you about new and better features of QuickBooks Desktop 2019.
You may also read: How to Merge Vendors in QuickBooks?
New and improvised features of QuickBooks Enterprise 2020
- Time tracking made easy
- Invoice history tracker
- Scale up to 40 users
- Generate bill pay as you use “write checks” feature
- Work from anywhere, anytime, on any device
- Payroll Status for Direct Deposit
- Employee payment adjustment history
- Transfer of credit between jobs of the same customer
- Get paid faster and easier
- Track inventory, manage profits
- Sick and vacation/travel reimbursement tracker
- Sensitive payroll permissions
- Powerful, customizable reports give you insights into your business
- Make better business decisions with Advanced Inventory
- Quick Upgrade
- Search Company Files Easily
- Alternate Vendors
- Pay your employees in a snap
- Condense data file feature
- Express Pick-pack
- Inventory process- purchases order worksheet
- Packed with the features you need to run your business end-to-end
- Landed Cost Calculation
- Send Customer Payment Reminder Automatically
- Many others
System Requirements for QuickBooks Enterprise solutions
Following are the minimum system requirements for QuickBooks enterprise solutions:
- Microsoft Windows 10: All editions, including the “64-bit” and natively installed (operating systems designed for a particular system or environment).
- MS Windows 8.1 (update 1): All editions, including the “64-bit” and natively installed MS Windows 8.1.
- Microsoft Windows 7 SP1: All editions, including the “64-bit” and natively installed.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016 V
- MS Windows Server 2012 R2
- Microsoft Windows server 2011
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
The same are also the requirements with QuickBooks Pro & Premier 2020.
Internet Explorer 11 (32-bit)
For Microsoft Windows: Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2011, Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 SP1 (Enterprise and Professional editions) are compatible with QuickBooks Enterprise solutions.
For Microsoft Linux (only installation): You can use OpenSUSE 42.3, Fedora 27, and Red Hat Enterprise 7 on QBES Database Server
Web Browser requirement: Only Internet Explorer (32 bit) is compatible with QB Enterprise.
Computer hardware & operating system requirements (for client & server)
- 2.4 GHz Minimum
- 4GB & 8GB RAM Minimum.
Server “RAM” requirements are as following
- 8GB RAM (1-5 users)
- 12GB RAM (1-10 users)
- 16GB RAM (1- 15 users)
- >20+ GB RAM (1- 20 users)
- The US V of MS Windows (For US QB software users).
- The Canadian v software of MS Windows (for Canadian QB users).
- Native setting that supports English (the US/Canada) with keyboard, indicating US/CA only.
- To host the “multi-user” access, admin rights are necessary for the server computer.
- Installed natively (designed for a specific system or Environment).
- 2.5 GB to 5GB disk space.
- Added software and features provided on QuickBooks CD for Microsoft .NET 4.6 Runtime.
- Intuit data protect in QB connected services offerings (QuickBooks users in the USA are applied with additional requirements).
- Minimum RAM requirement 2GB.
- At least 2X size of the biggest file for back up or restore purpose required.
- The optical drive
- Drive required for CD is 4X DVD-ROM.
- Higher with up-to two extended computer screens or 1280 x 1024 screen goals. It will enable you to manage and deal with your work effectively.
- DPI setting – default.
- “4X DVD-ROM drive required for CD”
Integration with Other software
You can integrate QuickBooks with hundreds of other apps.
- Microsoft Word and Excel Integration might require office 2010, 2013, 2016, or office 365
- TurboTax 2019, 2018 (Personal and Business)
- Lacerte 2019, 2018
- Pro-Series tax years 2018-2020
- Quicken 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016
- QuickBooks for Mac 2020, 2019, 2016
- Adobe Acrobat Reader: Business Planner, Payroll and viewing forms require Adobe Acrobat Reader 9.0 or later.
- Payroll and other online features and services require Internet access with at least a 56 Kbps connection speed (1 Mbps recommended). DSL or cable modem is recommended.
- Gmail, Yahoo Email, Windows Mail, Hotmail and AOL (i.e Mozilla Thunderbird Email Client*).Note: *Supports plain text version in Mozilla.
- Internet Explorer 11
- Email estimates, invoices and other forms with Microsoft Outlook 201-2016
- It is compatible with the QuickBooks point of salve version 18.0 and 12.0
Firewall and antivirus software compatibility
|Windows Server Firewall (all editions)||ESET||Avira|
|Windows 8.1 Firewall (all editions)||Avast||Kaspersky|
|Microsoft Security Essentials||AVG||McAfee|
|NortonLifeLock (formally Symantec)||Bitdefender||Malwarebytes|
In few cases, you can adjust some settings in these programs to get the best possible QuickBooks performance.
We hope that you now know the system requirements for QuickBooks Enterprise solutions. However, if you have any question or you need assistance in installing or using QB enterprise, dial toll-free 1(800)969-7370 for our QuickBooks enterprise support team. We will be happy to help you!
Some other helpful articles