QuickBooks is a renowned accounting software preferred by people all across the globe, it is available in Windows, as well as Mac version. Well, using a Mac version of this software might be a quite different experience, as compared to the Windows version. There are certain limitations that might be encountered, as the Mac version of QuickBooks lacks many features. The Mac version of QuickBooks doesn’t come up with features such as, sync manager or web connector. The sync manager feature that is missing in QuickBooks Mac allows the user to automatically sync the information with other software or services.
If the user switches from Windows to Mac, he/she might realize that many of the features that might be necessary for the computer to keep a track with the financial data in an appropriate manner are not present in this version of QuickBooks. In a recent update, the Mac version of the QuickBooks accounting software has been discontinued by the Intuit, as it has been lagging behind the Windows version. But in case if any of the QuickBooks user wishes to operate and manage the business accounts with QuickBooks Desktop via Mac, for that the user has to follow certain steps. Well, considering the parallel software, we have enlisted below the steps that a QB users needs to follow to switch from Windows to Mac version using the Parallels.
To avoid any kind of mess, the user can simply get in touch with our QuickBooks enterprise technical support team, by calling our toll-free number i.e. 1-800-969-7370. Our team of experts and professionals, will be there to assist you round the clock in a single call.
More about Parallels
Basically, Parallels Desktop is a Mac OS application that permits the users to run Windows on Mac. To simplify, it can be said that Parallel Desktop allows the user to create a Virtual Machine, which is like using a computer on another computer. This helps in installing or downloading any application that the user would operate simply on the Windows Desktop. It is possible with the use of Parallels to operate Windows-based apps on Mac. The process to set up QuickBooks application on Mac using Parallels can be followed to set up QuickBooks on Mac using Parallels. Many of the QB users get confused with the above stated statement. Thus, to simplify it a little more, we have come up with the steps to be followed to create a virtual machine via parallel Desktop app for QuickBooks Mac.
How to create virtual machine via parallel desktop?
You can create Virtual Machine via Parallel Desktop following the below enumerated steps:
Well, if you want to create a virtual machine, then following the below enumerated steps are mandatory. So, without much of delay, let us have a look:
- The first step is to open the Parallels Desktop app and then tap on the File option and then choose the New option.
- The next step is to click on the Install Windows or another OS from the DVD or image file, followed by clicking on Continue.
- Now the next step is to choose an installation media. After that the user can install Windows from a DVD or .iso disc image. The point to be noted here is that the image file of .exe extension can’t be used in installing Windows. The same will only work in case the Windows has been installed in advance and it only needs to be updated. Or else, the .exe extension would not work in the installation of windows, as it only works for the up-gradation.
- Once the installation media has been selected by the user, he/she is required to click on Continue. On the screen, the Windows Product Key window will appear. Check the Express Installation key and then tap on Continue.
- In the installation process, the second last step is to mention the purpose of installation of Windows, in case it is for either Productivity or Games only.
- Lastly, the user is required to name the Virtual Machine that has been created and also provide the same with a location.
The user can use the operating system as their PC, once the entire process completes. Also, the user can install any application and run it through the virtual machine, which is the main purpose of creating it.
Related article: How to fix QuickBooks unrecoverable error
Well, the main motive to share the steps was to find out how to actually set up the QuickBooks Desktop on Mac using Parallels. It should be noted that QuickBooks is very much similar to any other application that the user might run on Windows. Once the Windows is installed, the user can simply download and install the QuickBooks with the license information. And in this way, the user can make maximum use of both. Along with that, the user gets a chance to enjoy the additional functionalities that QuickBooks in Windows version caters and also can use QB desktop on Mac as per their comfort.
Thus, with this, we come to the end of the article. We believe that this article might be of some help to the readers and also following the above enumerated steps might help the users to enjoy the features of QuickBooks Windows version on QuickBooks Mac with the help of Parallels. The above stated simple steps can be the key to amazing features.
However, if the user by any chance faces any sort of difficulty, or in case of any query, QB user can feel free to consult our QuickBooks support team of experts and technicians. All you need to do is dial our toll-free number i.e. +1-800-969-7370, and we will be there to assist you round the clock and guide you the way out to any problem associated with QuickBooks.
You might also like: