Learn how to Fix license, validation, and registration errors in QuickBooks Desktop
A widely used QuickBooks is accounting software solution which is being used by the small, medium and large sized companies to simplify their accounting requirements. This software comes with exceptional features which include payroll, invoicing, accounting, and many others which make the life of an accountant, or you can say, life of a businessman easier. Though it is user-friendly software but sometimes, it also get malfunctioned. There are some errors that QuickBooks face and can interrupt the work, thus, they need to resolved as soon as possible.
For this, one can contact our technical support through a toll-free number i.e. 1-800-969-7370 and resolve their errors like QuickBooks Registration File Error. This error creates difficulty in reading the enrollment document. However, they can also attempt some methods to resolve this error. But first of all, the reasons behind this error are required to be known.
Related article: How to troubleshoot QuickBooks error 15215?
What leads to QuickBooks Registration File Error?
QuickBooks Registration File Error usually occurs when there is damage in the MSXML part of the Windows of QuickBooks. Another reason can be that during the process of QuickBooks updation or installation, the anti-virus in the machine is working. Also, there may be some corrupt QuickBooks installation files are present.
Steps to Fix QuickBooks Registration File Error
Checkout the following steps in order to resolve the registration file error in QuickBooks:
Step 1: Restart or Switch on/off the User Account Control Setting (UAC)
For Windows 10, 8, 8.1 and 7:
- Display window will open onto the monitor.
- Open the Control Panel settings.
- Open drop-down menu and click View option
- Pick the Large icon option.
- Click on User Accounts and move slider
- Click on ‘Never Notify to flip UAC OFF’, and click OK
- Now you will have the option Consistently Notify to turn UAC ON.
- Once the process completes, click OK button.
- After all the steps, restart your system.
Step 2: Reset your MSXML component
- On the desktop, download and save msxml.msi file.
- Now, the run window will automatically display
- Click Windows + R keys
- Click OK on the screen
- Now, create the data file and register the MSXML DLL file today:
For Windows 10, 8 and 8.1:
- Press Windows key and sort the cmd command
- Click on it and Run as Administrator
- Press Enter key.
- You will receive a message “DllRegisterServer in msmxl3.dll triumphed”. After this, click OK on the dialog box
- Type regsvr32 MSMXL6.dll and press Enter button.
- Once you receive the confirmation message, click OK button.
Step 3: Perform a clean installation of QuickBooks Software
You can use the clean install button to reinstall the software.
Step 4: Delete your Entitlement file
Entitlement file indicates your product is valid and registered. You need to search the file and Delete it so you can re-enter your license and product number there:
- Hit a click on Windows Start menu.
- After that type “Run” into the search and open Run.
- Now type C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 and then Enter key.
- In case this command doesn’t open a folder then Enter C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v6 instead.
- After that search for EntitlementDataStore.ecml file.
- Next, hit a right-click on the file and then choose Delete option.
- Hit on Yes to confirm it. Now open QuickBooks and your company file.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to register QuickBooks desktop again.
Step 4: Run the Quick Fix my Program in QuickBooks Tools Hub
- In the QuickBooks Tools Hub, choose all the Program Problems.
- After that find Quick Fix my Program and click to Run it.
Read Also: What is QuickBooks Web connector?
The above three steps are confirmed by the experts that they are able to resolve the QuickBooks Registration File Error. There are cases in which the user can make a mistake while applying these steps to resolve the error is confused at a moment, then, they can get support from QuickBooks Customer service Providers.
You might also like: