Learn the process to resolve QuickBooks error code 6000 and related errors.
Just like every good software QuickBooks is also prone to few technical snags. QuickBooks Error Code -6000 (and others) are reported by many QB users in QuickBooks community forums. The user might encounter error -6000, while opening the company file. Just because of this error, the user will not be able to open or access the company file and the entire work will certainly stop.
Note: It is recommended to fix QuickBooks Error 6000 immediately to precede work on QuickBooks.
The following error message will certainly get displayed on the screen when Error code 6000 takes place.
Error -6000 occurred, when opening a company file. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Insight into QuickBooks Error Code 6000
When the user makes an attempt to open the company file, he/she would instantly get QuickBooks error -6000 XXXX, as well as there might occur an issue in opening up the company file. This error is adhered to by 4 numbers and also presents an error message showing that the user is unable to open the company file. When you face such type of errors in QuickBooks, the first point to do is not to be panic. As our QuickBooks Enterprise support team is here to fix your all errors related to QuickBooks. Reach us by dialing 1(800)969-7370.
Read Also: How to merge vendors in QuickBooks desktop?
Know the QuickBooks Error code 6000 and Others
The following table are the different -6000 series errors that the user might encounter on QB software:
|-6176, 0||Firewall is blocking the connection between the two computers|
|-6000, -107||The .TLG file is corrupted|
|-6000, -1076||QuickBooks installation is corrupted|
|-6010, -100||A computer that is not the server is hosting the company file|
|-6012, -1061||Incorrect network setup|
|-6129, -101||Incorrect folder permission or if the QB Database Server Manager is not working properly|
|-6190, 816||Another user is logged in to the company file in single user mode.|
It can also be a mismatch between the transaction log file (.tlg) and the company file (.qbw)
|-6000, -832||This error normally occurs when hosting is turned on or the .ND file is not working properly|
|-6144, -304||When you start QuickBooks or open your company file and sometimes this happens on a sample file|
|-6000, -305||Incorrect network setup or it could be that the company file is damaged|
|-6073, -816||Multiple computers are hosting the file or it could be firewall settings are blocking the connection or it could be the file is damaged|
|-6144,-103||The .ND file has an incorrect path to your company file or if the Windows user account used by QuickBooks Database Manager is damaged|
|-6120, 0||One of the work stations is hosting the company file or the firewall port 8019 is blocked|
|-6087, 0||This error happens when opening up the file in your locally|
|-6147, 0||You receive this error when you open the company file or restore a company backup (. QBB).|
You may also like: What is QuickBooks Error C=1304?
Possible Signs and Symptoms of QuickBooks Error -6000
Below we have listed the symptoms and signs that can help the user to identify the QuickBooks error 6000 and others. Check them out one by one:
- Error 6000 is displayed with the error message.
- System crashes again and again with Error message 6000.
- Windows runs sluggishly and responds very slow to mouse or key-board inputs.
- And lastly, if the system freezes repeatedly.
What leads to Error -6000?
- The very first reason can be, firewall or other security programs blocking the internet connection.
- Or if the file present in QuickBooks is damaged.
- QuickBooks installation is not completed successfully.
- Network connection on the system has been incorrectly configured.
- Company file is damaged or corrupted, then this type of issues can be seen.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6000?
In order to fix the QuickBooks error code -6000, the user will have to analyze certain conditions. We have jotted down the conditions, as well as the methods to fix the issue. Thus, follow the instructions given below to resolve the error -6000 manually:-
Condition 1: You are opening the file locally
The very first condition is if the user opens a company file locally on the same system where the QuickBooks accounting software is being set up.
Method 1: Restore a backup
Since the company file did not open even when it had been moved to another location, it is required to restore a backup copy of your company file to check if the problem is with the present employer file (.QBW).
The user can follow the steps below, in case an error is seen while restoring the backup process:
- Verify that the system is not hosting.
- First of all, Open the company file.
- In the “File” menu, choose the “Utilities” tab.
- If Stop Hosting Multi-User Access is listed:
- Select the ‘Stop Hosting Multi-User Access’ icon.
- Go to the “Stop Hosting Multi-User Access” window, then hit onto the “Yes” icon.
- In the company file has to be closed window, and then click on the “Yes” icon.
- Make sure the path to your company file is no more than 210 characters.
- Visit to the location of your company file.
- After that copy the path from the address bar at the top.
- Now paste it on your notepad and count the character including the spaces.
- Retry restoring the company file.
You might also like: What is QuickBooks Error 12029?
Method 2: Renaming the .ND and.TLG data file
The .ND and .TLG files become an essential part of QuickBooks files. These are setup files that access the QuickBooks to access a company file in a network or multi-user mode.
If these files get damaged or corrupted, the user will encounter these errors when he/she opens up QuickBooks file.
Renaming these files will certainly not hamper the QuickBooks data. These files are immediately re-created, when the user scans using the QuickBooks database server manager tool and also at the time of opening the company file.
- First of all, Open the folder that contains the company file.
- Now spot the files with the same file name as your company files that has the extensions .ND and.TLG.
- After that, right-click on each file(s) as well as choose the Rename option. Add the word OLD at the end of each file name. Instance: company_file. qbw.nd.OLD
- Finally, open your QuickBooks again and then try to login into your company file.
Method 3: Open an sample company file
By opening up a sample company file, you are checking if the trouble potentially exists with your company file or the QB application. If an sample company file does closed and instead returns an error, it is an indication that the QuickBooks installation is damaged and also need to be fixed.
- In the No company file window appears, you need to choose the Open a Sample File and then choose any type of from the listing of sample company files.
- If the sample file opens up, proceed to solution 3.
Condition 2: You are opening up the file over the network
This means you are opening up the company file saved on the web server or another computer system.
Method 1: Open up/Access the QB company file locally
By opening up the file locally, you are examining if there is a trouble with the area of the QB company file. If the file opens up while it is reduced the desktop, it implies the area is possibly damaged or it is “too deep”, it went beyond the file system path restriction. If the file still did not open after transforming its location, it is possible the file is damaged.
- Open/Access the folder which contains the QB company file.
- Locate the file with the .QBW extension.
- Right-click on the desired file, then choose the “Copy” icon.
- At the desktop, perform right-click on the desktop, and then click on the “Paste” icon.
- While holding down the control key, open QuickBooks so you are guided to the “No Company Open” home window.
- Select the “Open or restore an existing company” tab. Browse to the desktop computer, search the QB company file you copied as well as open.
- If you are still obtaining the exact same error, please continue with the solution 5.
Read also: How to fix QuickBooks Error code 99001?
Method 2: Inspect if Hosting is activated, on all workstation
- Press the “F2” key. The Item Info window opens up.
- Locate the ‘Local Web Server’ Details. Hosting should be turned off.
Method 3: Rename the .ND and .TLG files as well as restart/rescan the Database server Manager
The .ND and .TLG files belong to the QuickBooks files. These are configured files that allow QuickBooks to access a company file in a network or multi-user mode.
If these files are damaged or harmed, you will certainly run into these errors when you open your QB files. Renaming these data will not trigger you to lose QuickBooks data. These files are immediately recreated when you rescan making use of the QuickBooks database server manager tool as well as when you open your company file.
- Firstly, open the folder that contains your company file.
- Now search for the the files with the exact same file name as your company files yet with extensions .ND and .TLG files.
- Next, Give a right-click on each file.
- After that choose Rename option.
- Finally add the word OLD at the end of each file name.
The purpose of QuickBooks database server manager is to hold your QuickBooks company files. It is best to restart the DBSM as well as rescan the QuickBooks files after you rename the .ND and .TLG data/files.
- First of all you need to restart the “QuickBooks Database Server Manager” tool, and then re-scan the company file.
- After that Click on the “Start” button => “All Programs” => “QuickBooks” icon => “QuickBooks Database Server Manager” tool icon.
- Next, hit onto the “Scan folder” tab.
- Now click on the “Add folder” tab (if no folders exist). Or else, highlight the folder with the data, after that press the “Check” button.
- Verify that the company file(s) concerned shows in the bottom box with heading “QuickBooks company files located”.
- After that try to open up the file once again.
- Finally Open QuickBooks once again and also attempt to login to your company file.
Method 4: Open a sample company files in the location set up on a workstation
By opening a sample company file, the user needs to test if the trouble potentially lies with the company file or the QuickBooks application. If an example company file does not open and instead returns an error, it is a sign that the QuickBooks installation is having an error and also must be fixed.
- In the “No Company Open” window, the user needs to select “Open a Sample File” tab, and then click on the ‘sample company file’ list.
- In case the sample file opens up, continue with the another solution. If the sample file returns the very same warning error message, fix the QuickBooks installation.
Related post: How to solve QuickBooks Error 3371?
Method 5: Close all running tasks
- To begin with, the user needs to sign in as the ‘Administrator on the server’ computer system.
- And then, press the “Ctrl+ Change+ Esc” keys simultaneously to raise the task manager.
- After that, show processes for all users by opting for the “Users” tab.
- Now, the user is supposed to highlight each QuickBooks process (QBW32.EXE, qbupdate.exe, and also QBDBMgr.exe), after that opt for End Job.
- The last step is to open the company file in multi-user mode.
Method 6: Set-up firewall program ports as well as Anti-Virus Software
The user might also come across errors if the firewall software, as well as anti-virus program blocks accessibility to specific QuickBooks programs or documents. It is the best option to configure your firewall ports and also to establish an exemption to your anti-virus software.
Method 7: Use UNC path instead of a mapped device
- The first step is to right click the “QuickBooks icon“.
- And then, press “Ctrl key” and then click on “Run as administrator” option.
- After that, the user is supposed to hold the “Ctrl key” until the “No Company Open Window” appears on the screen.
- Moving ahead, click on “Restore Company“, from the “File menu“.
- The next step in the process is to select “Open a company file” and then hit “Next“.
- Now, click on “Network” and in the left pane and move to the location of the company file.
- If the user is unable to look for folder, where the company file was saved, then “set folders permission“.
- The last step is to select company file and hit “Open“.
We conclude the article here with the hope that this technical article would be very helpful for you..! In case, the user wants instant support for the same error code 6000 – he/she can freely contact the QuickBooks certified experts & technicians at their toll-free number .i.e. +1(800)969-7370.
Other helpful articles