A Comprehensive guide to repair QuickBooks desktop for Windows
QuickBooks accounting software has marked its presence in the accounting industry from almost a decade. This software has completely transformed the way entrepreneurs carry out their accounting and bookkeeping activities because of their intuitiveness. At times, QuickBooks users encounter errors that require repairing the QuickBooks desktop software for windows. Keeping all those facts in mind, we have come up with this post, where we will be sharing the tips and tricks to repair QuickBooks desktop for Windows. Thus, to know more read this post carefully.
Or if you feel that repairing QuickBooks is not your cup of tea, then do not hesitate in dialing our toll-free number +1-800-969-7370. Our experts and certified professionals will guide you with the process to repair or will repair the software for you.
Steps to Repairing errors of QuickBooks desktop for Windows
In case the user gets an error while using, installing, or at the time of updating the software, then in that case the very first thing to do is to run the repair tool. This tool can help the user in fixing some of the common QuickBooks errors right away, however, you might need professional help using the tool. The QuickBooks repair tool can help the user in getting back to the right track in least possible time. Later in this post, we will be mentioning the steps to use the repair tool.
Steps to run the Repair tool to fix common issues
- The user should first backup the company file, if haven’t already
- And also, reboot the system, which ensures that there are no programs affecting the repair.
- Another important point is to open the windows Start menu and then select the Control panel
- The point to be noted here is that if you are a Windows 8 or 8.1 user, the search for Control Panel in the Windows start menu
- After that select Programs and features, followed by uninstalling a program.
- In case the user is unable to spot the Programs and Features, then user can opt for programs instead.
- And then, the user should opt for QuickBooks from the list of Programs, then uninstall/Change.
- Moving ahead, the user should click on Continue and then hit Next
- Followed by, clicking on Repair and then again hit next
- The next step in the process is to select Finish after the process ends.
- And then update the QuickBooks software to the latest release.
- Go to QuickBooks menu, Choose help > Update QuickBooks
- The user needs to ensure to have the most recent fixes and security update and you are good to go.
What can be done if the user encounters error during a repair?
There can be a situation like the user encounters the error at the time of repair. In such a situation, the user shouldn’t worry, rather should carry out the steps we have mentioned below:
Resolving “files in use” error in QuickBooks
One of the errors that the user might encounter can be “files in use” error. This error comes up with an error message indicating files in use or something similar. In order to resolve this bug, the user can carry out the steps listed below:
- The very first step is to choose the Ignore option. In case the user gets a pop-up message appears on the screen to restart the system, the user should click on OK tab and reboot the system. Also, the point to be noted here is that the user probably be required to select ignore a few times as well.
- However, if the Ignore option is not visible, then in that case the user can opt for Close tab. After the repair process comes to an end, the user should reboot the system once.
You may also read: What is QuickBooks web connector?
Resolving Error 1628: Failed to complete script-based install
The QuickBooks error code 1628 can be seen, especially if the windows service named as Windows installer stops working properly somehow. This error can be a bit difficult for the QB users to tackle. Hence, it is recommended to consult a professional help.
Well, we end the blog post here, with the hope that the information that we have shared above will help in repairing QuickBooks desktop. However, if by any chance the user is unable to repair the QuickBooks desktop software even after following the above step, then in that case, feel free to contact us via our toll-free number +1-800-969-7370.
Our QuickBooks enterprise support team will ensure to provide you with the best possible support services and also will repair the QuickBooks desktop software for you.
Other helpful topics you may like