Simple troubleshooting Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 12007
QuickBooks is an innovative bookkeeping and accounting software that helps millions of small and mid-sized business users meet their goals. In order to make the most of this software and increase productivity, users must ensure that they regularly update it. But since QuickBooks is a computer software, an error may occur at any time – even while downloading QuickBooks updates. One of the most common errors that QB users face while downloading updates on QuickBooks products, including QuickBooks basic payroll service, is QuickBooks Error 12007.
If you too have received QuickBooks Error code 12007, this blog post will help you resolve it. Also, this blog post is created to offer you an understanding of this error as well as the reasons for its occurrence.
Related article: How to Fix the QuickBooks Error 12029?
QuickBooks Error 12007 – Explanation
The QuickBooks Error 12007 generally shows up on your computer due to a QB update timeout. There might as well be other reasons, for example, the software doesn’t have access to the server. This error may show up when QB can’t connect to the internet. Your browser, antivirus, or firewall may be causing an issue and preventing QB to connect to the internet. This error mostly occurs when users try to download payroll or QuickBooks updates.
What causes QuickBooks error 12007?
One or more of the following causes can lead to QuickBooks Error 12007:
- Your computer security software such as antivirus and firewall are not letting QuickBooks connect to the internet.
- Network timed out while downloading QuickBooks payroll updates
- Incorrect SSL settings
- You are using a browser that’s not by QuickBooks
- Dropped internet loss.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 12007?
Following are the steps to fix QuickBooks Error 12007:
Step 1 – Troubleshooting the Internal QuickBooks Desktop, computer, and Internet issues
- Check for any computer updates. Install all available updates
- Update your QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release
- Check Internet latency and find out if there are any dropped internet packets
- Upgrade Internet explorer and make it your default browser
- Check and correct your SSL Settings
- Check Internet Firewall and Internet Security settings and allow QuickBooks connections.
- Restart your computer.
Step 2 – Modify QuickBooks Updates
- Repeat step 1
- Now, unplug your Wireless router/Internet plug and see the internet latency
- Open QuickBooks and then go to company file
- Press Ctrl+K keys on your keyboard
- A new window will pop up
- Click Edit option
- Uncheck the Open Payroll Setup option
- Wait while the Payroll Updates goes and the procedure ends on its own.
You may also read: Resolve QuickBooks Error 176109 – Invalid Product & Product Number
Step 3 – Troubleshoot QuickBooks payroll Update services
- First of all you need to check your Internet set-up in QuickBooks desktop from the Internet options menu.
- After that validate your computer Internet speed is OK.
- Now click on Next and then choose Advanced connection settings.
- Navigate to the display the Internet properties window and click on Advanced tab.
- Now verify that you have checked SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0 options.
- Choose Apply and OK button.
- After that close your all tabs and reboot your QuickBooks
- Finally try to update the Quickbooks payroll services.
We hope that the above-mentioned troubleshooting steps help you fix QuickBooks Error 12007. In case the issue persists, even after trying the provided steps, you can call our 24×7 QuickBooks enterprise customer support team.
Other recommended articles to read