Find out the ways to access QuickBooks Remotely
Over the past three decades, QuickBooks has brilliantly managed to maintain its position as one of the finest and most relevant accounting software. No doubt, it is an efficient software to manage accounting and bookkeeping requirements. This software adds admirable value and comfortability to hoard the financial transactions, which makes it a brilliant tool for small, as well as medium-sized businesses.
With an ever-growing rate of businesses going global, QuickBooks remote access has become the necessity rather than just a choice. One of the most common questions that arise in the minds of the QuickBooks users is how to access QuickBooks remotely. With an aim to answer this question in the best possible way, we have come up with this article. We believe that at the end of this article, you might be well aware of the ways to access QuickBooks remotely. So, stick to the article until the end, as this article might work in your favor.
Understand about QuickBooks Remote Access
Before digging in deep and finding out the ways to access QuickBooks remotely, we would suggest you to update yourself with the basic knowledge of QuickBooks Remote access. Basically, QB Remote Access is a secure server with the help of which, users can access their PC from any other system, and to do this, all you need to have is a strong internet connection. This amazing feature of QuickBooks will allow the users to access the email, documents, and many other important things regardless of the location. Not only this, with the help of this feature, you can also transmit the files from one PC to another PC.
How Beneficial It is to Access QuickBooks Remotely?
Well, talking about the benefits of QuickBooks remote access, the list is huge. Once you access QuickBooks remotely, users can enjoy numerous benefits, a few of which are listed below:
- Users can transfer a file or the entire folder in between two computers.
- They can also copy and paste in between PC’s both local and remote.
- Not only this, various users can work together on the same file of QuickBooks.
- The clients or managers can easily track the activities of the accountants.
- The benefits don’t end here the users can print the documents from the remote PC to a local printer with ease.
What is the cost of accessing the QuickBooks remotely?
If you want to access the QuickBooks remotely then you need to know that QuickBooks remote access is not free, to use this you have to pay. There are two plans offered:
- QuickBooks Access ($3.95/month)
- Full Desktop Access ($7.75/month)
Intuit Supported Remote Access options for QuickBooks
In order to support the QuickBooks users with QuickBooks remote access functionality, the below listed options are offered:
- Switching to QuickBooks Online: QuickBooks online is one of the finest solutions from Intuit that works completely on cloud. The user can access it from anywhere, only the basic requirement is an active internet connection. The plan the user opts for decides for the number of clients who work together over it at a particular time.
- Using QuickBooks Remote Access Tool: The QuickBooks remote access tool allows the users to connect with the remote system that has the QB desktop installed over it. This tool is easily accessible on the Intuit official website. Many third party software are available in the market with the same functionality of the QuickBooks remote access tool.
- Hosting QuickBooks Desktop on Cloud: Authorized hosting of QuickBooks desktop software on third-party servers are allowed by the Intuit. Authenticated users can access the QuickBooks software installed on the server of hosting providers, regardless of the place, with a proper internet connection. This service offers an edge for the accounting experts, as they don’t require to invest any effort with the installation or maintenance of QuickBooks, as the hosting service provider manages those tasks.
How to Get QuickBooks Remote Access?
In order to access the QuickBooks remote access functionality, the users are required to acquire the feature for the QuickBooks. The users can opt for any of the below-scribbled options and enjoy this amazing feature on their computer.
1. QuickBooks Remote Access tool
QuickBooks Remote Access tool is one of the options that allow the users to connect to the machine where the QuickBooks Desktop is installed. Certain tasks can be quickly performed such as copying files from local and remote computers, access QB data folders, print files on the remote server via a local printer, etc.
This tool works on the Cisco WebEx tool that generally backs-up/supports communication services and online meetings. Also, the remote access feature is an add-on for the QuickBooks software and is obtainable in two versions.
2. Move to QuickBooks Online
QuickBooks Online is considered to be a great tool that has numerous features of QB desktop along with its cloud-based ability. It is basically a solution from Intuit that works completely on the Cloud. It can be accessed from any internet connecting device anytime and users can start working on their accounting tasks. Depending upon what you opt for, there can be numerous clients working together over the tool at a time.
3. Hosting QuickBooks Desktop on Cloud
QuickBooks Users can allow authorized QuickBooks Desktop Software hosting for the third-party servers. Also, the QuickBooks installed on the server hosting provider can be easily accessed through authenticated users from anywhere over the internet. For the users across all the devices such as desktop, laptop, smartphone, etc., all the important features of the desktop software are there. Along with that, it offers an advantage to the accounting professionals as they don’t have to make any efforts for installing, and the reason is that the hosting providers take care of these issues. Not only this, but there is also multi-user collaboration, improved and simpler integration of QuickBooks Add-ons.
Easy Steps to Access QuickBooks Remotely
For the QuickBooks users who wish to access QuickBooks remotely, the steps-scribbled below are not less than any boon. Thus, in order to enjoy QuickBooks Remote Access, check-out the steps listed below.
Step 1: Visit the Intuit Website, Sign up for QuickBooks Remote Access.
Step 2: The next step is to log in to the account on the QuickBooks Remote Access website. The users are required to launch a web browser on the computer from which they want to access QuickBooks remotely, before logging in.
Step 3: To download the remote access tool installation file, click on “Setup computer”.
Step 4: In the “Nickname” field enter a computer nickname and then click “Next”.
Step 5: After that, place a checkmark next to the options to initiate every time you log into a remote session. The options available there include, “Use full-screen view by default”, “Disable this computer’s keyboard and mouse”, “Automatically reduce screen resolution to match”, and “Make this computer’s screen blank”.
Step 6: After that, place a check-mark next to the applications to access remotely on this computer. It should be noted that for a minimal monthly fee, access only your QuickBooks accounts. After that click the “Next” button.
Step 7: Check the box for the verification option to use. Either use a phone number or enter a passcode. The passcode option permits you to enter the passcode on the login page whenever you access QuickBooks. Whereas, the phone number option needs that the tool calls you, and then prompt for the access code every time you log-in. Now, the final step is to tap on the “Finish” button.
You might also like: How to troubleshoot QuickBooks server busy error?
Another Way to Remote Accessing QuickBooks
Once you are done with setting up the remote access tool, the next thing is to use it. Let us have a look at the steps to be followed:
- The first step is to launch a web browser on the remote computer and then log in to your account on the QuickBooks Remote Access website.
- After that, where you defined a computer nickname, check that boxand after that click on the “Connect”.
- Now, authorize your desktop, either by using the password or phone authentication. Enter the passcode on the phone, when the remote tool calls you and prompts you for the passcode.
- The last step is to click on Remote Access drop-down menu and then click on the End QuickBooks Remote Access Session, once you finish your session.
Security and Reliability
It is an undeniable fact that the accounting activities are confidential for each and every business, regardless of the industry they belong to, and also there is a need for a security check at each level. For offline, as well as for digital operations, you need a reliable medium to source information and also carry out accounting tasks. QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Remote Access tool, both are efficient and reliable tools, where the reliable security measures are taken. Thus, it is advisable to rely upon the recommended and tested solutions.
We end this article here, with the hope that it would work in your favor. It was a thoughtful effort to provide a clear insight into QuickBooks Remote Access, as it is imminent to learn almost all the aspects before start using a new tool.
QuickBooks Remote Access tool is the best way to maximize business output with access to the relevant data whenever required. However, if you have any query, you can reach out to QuickBooks enterprise technical support team at +1(800)969-7370, and clear all your clouds of confusion.
Other helpful topics: