Talking about the QuickBooks error code 20102, it usually happens when you have an active direct deposit on the employer identification number. This error code takes place when trying to link to the EIN that is directly connected to a different account.
Moreover, if there is an incomplete installation of QuickBooks accounting software, then it can be one of the major factors causing the QuickBooks error code 20102. To get a better insight into payroll error 20102, make sure to stick around this segment till the end.
What indicates the QuickBooks error 20102?
QuickBooks error code 20102 can be identified with much ease with the help of the below stated signs and symptoms. Let us check this out:
- Identification of the error becomes easy when your windows crashes simultaneously at the running QuickBooks.
- Furthermore, when the keyword or mouse inputs aren’t properly read by the system.
- You can also identify the error easily when there is any crash in the active program.
- Just in case you have forgotten or lost the login credentials, then you might bump into this issue.
What triggers the QuickBooks error 20102?
Well, talking about the triggers to the error, it can be caused due to the following reasons:
- Simply when the installation of the software is incomplete.
- Another reason can be if there is any malware or virus attack.
- You might further bump into such an error if the windows registry files are corrupted.
What measures can be taken to tackle out the QuickBooks error 20102?
If you are interested in tackling out such an error, then in that case perform the following activities.
Procedure 1: Repair the registry entries
Well, to start with you should repair the registry entries using the steps listed below.
- Simply switch off your system.
- Enter in command option in the search bar.
- Furthermore, you would have to select command prompts and choose ctrl + shift + enter keys.
- You would then have to select the yes tab.
- In the next step, you would see a black box with a blinking cursor.
- Where you would have to enter in regedit.
- Head further by selecting all the keys related to QuickBooks error 20102.
- Where you would have to head to the file tab and select export.
- The next step is to select the folder where you wish to save the files.
- And give a new title to the folder in the file name list.
- Choose the selected branch and click on save tab.
- Further, you would have to take the backup of the file with reg extension name.
- Last but not the east, you are supposed to repair and edit the registry entries.
Procedure 2: Use the file doctor tool
If the first method didn’t work for you, then you would have to perform the below steps.
- Start with installing QuickBooks tool hub in the system.
- Further, choose the tool hub tab and click on to the company file issues.
- You are then supposed to run QuickBooks file doctor.
- Choose check your file option and hit continue tab.
- Lastly, you would have to enter the login credential and hit enter tab.
Procedure 3: Reinstall QuickBooks program
- You need to first have to look for the add or remove programs tab.
- And choose QuickBooks and uninstall option.
- You would then have to head to the QuickBooks website and install the recent version.
- Use in the CD, to install the latest version of QuickBooks.
- Carry out the on-going prompts and try to open QuickBooks software.
- End the process by simply checking into the error 20102.
Read Also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6000?
With this segment, we have tried to provide the information related to the QuickBooks error code 20102. However, if you want our technical support team to resolve the error on your behalf, then you can simply get in touch with our QuickBooks customer support team at 1-844-521-0490 Our Customer support representatives are ready to help you 24/7, 365 days a year!
Other helpful post: