Here is how you can resolve the QuickBooks error code 15102:
Accounting has undergone a sea change with the coming of Intuit’s software QuickBooks. Today, this application is being used all over the world by companies big or small. QuickBooks is known for its powerful features which helps businesses in managing their finances, inventory, and payroll. Each year a new version of the software is launched by Intuit with newer and better features.
Often while using QB users do face many errors and technical glitches. These can be easily fixed but at times for the complicated ones you require expert guidance. A common issue is the QuickBooks error 15102. This error occurs when the user tries to download a payroll or QuickBooks Desktop update. Before resolving the issue, it is very important to know about its causes.
You may see the following error message on your computer screen when this error occurs:
Error 15102: Failed to reset update.
In today’s article, we are going to discuss all possible fact related to QuickBooks error code 15102. However, in case you feel tackling this error is not your cup of tea, then we would highly recommend you to get in touch with a professional. You can ring up at our toll-free number i.e. 1-800-969-7370. Contacting our technical support team will help you in getting rid of this error without any kind of further mess. Our certified accounting professionals do not leave any stone unturned in providing the best possible support to QB users across the globe. Give us a call and leave the rest on our experts.
You might also like: What are the solution of QuickBooks error 6000?
Causes of QuickBooks error code 15102
There can be various reasons behind of occurring this error. Few are as:
- The error 15102 occurs when the download link is invalid, and the shared download option is turned on
- The QuickBooks is being run in the terminal service environment in multi-user mode
- It can also occur if you are using an outdated version of QuickBooks
- If you are not running the application as an administrator or you are not logged in the windows administrator
- In case you are using Windows Vista operating system, you are not logged in as Windows Admin or running the application as Administrator.
You have an active payroll subscription with your QuickBooks desktop.
How to resolve the QuickBooks error code 15102?
Checkout the following given steps in order to resolve QuickBooks Error 15102 When Downloading Payroll or QuickBooks Desktop Update:
Solution 1: Switch to the Single-User Mode
If you are using multi-user mode switch to the Single-user mode, so that the company file can only be accessed by only one person.
Solution 2: Verify if the Mapped Location is Accurate
- Click on F2 as this will open the Product Information window. You will come across the mapped location path, note it down. (For example: [x]:\[folder name]\[data file name])
- Once done go to the Help Menu and then tap on Update QuickBooks
- In order to authenticate the information in the download location is accurate you have to click on the Options tab
- In case the Shared Download is set as YES then ensure that the drive in the Download Location has to be the same drive that is there in the Product Information Window
- If the Shared Window is set as NO, then you have to make sure that the directory in the Download Location is also same as the one in the QuickBooks Desktop Installation
- Should you find the location as incorrect then you have to change the state of location
- If Yes is selected in the shared download, then change with NO and then click on Save
- And if No is selected in the shared download then make to Yes and again click on Save
- Once done, click on the Close tab
- Now you have to download the payroll tax table again
See it also: Steps to Fix QuickBooks error code 61689
Solution 3: In case of Accurate Download Location, Remap the drive to a new letter
- First thing to do is close the QuickBooks company file
- After that Map your Drive to a new Drive letter
- Now go to the Mapped Drive and open the company file
- Now you have to select the Help tab and then click on Update QuickBooks
- Once done, click on the Options tab
- With the help of the options tab turn off the shared download and again turn it on
- After this you have to check if the download location is using the newly created mapped drive letter
- Select Save tab
- Now close the application
Solution 4: Run QuickBooks Desktop as administrator
- Firstly, go to the QuickBooks icon and then right click on it
- Now you have to click on the Run as Administrator option
- Choose the Continue tab when the User Account Control gives the command to run the application
- Once done, now reset the QuickBooks updates
The QuickBooks error code 15102 can be easily fixed through the above methods steps. If you get stuck or have any queries then QuickBooks enterprise technical support team are there to help you out. They are well trained experts who are 24/7 available to help you with any QB issue.
Giving us a call at our toll-free number i.e. 1-800-969-7370 can help you in getting rid of the error without any further mess.