Effective ways to tackle the error: QuickBooks unable to send emails to outlook
When it comes to intra-company communications, marketing purposes, and customer communications, emailing is an indispensable part. Sending mails from QuickBooks through Outlook is a generally used feature. Users can configure the email service provider in QuickBooks, but since it is a set of codes, errors can be encountered. At times, outlook email error obstructs the process hence, QuickBooks is unable to send the emails to Outlook. This issue might be encountered by the users while working on QuickBooks software. Understanding the problem, we have come up with this article, where we will be discussing the causes, symptoms, and solutions.
However, you can also get in touch with technical support team by dialing our toll-free number i.e. +1-844-521-0490, and our team of experts will clear all your clouds of confusion.
You may see the following error message on your desktop screen when QuickBooks is unable to send your emails to outlook mail.
You may also read: How to enter inventory in QuickBooks desktop?
Indications of error: QuickBooks is unable to send your email to Outlook
- Well talking about the causes of the error, the very first thing that might cause such error can be running the QuickBooks app as an administrator.
- Damaged .dll file can also lead to such error
- Damaged QuickBooks components can cause this error.
- Unsupported Outlooks version is incompatible with QuickBooks lead to this type of error
- Damaged outlook can also be another reason behind this error
- The outlook account open in the background while sending the email
- In case QuickBooks desktop is running as admin and the error shows up
How to fix QuickBooks is unable to send your email to Outlook issue?
If you are also facing a problem in sending email to Outlook, then follow the steps enlisted below. We have listed below the multiple methods, let us explore each of them one by one.
Method 1: Turning on the non-admin mode
The very first method to get rid of this error is to try turning on the non-admin mode. Well, this is recommended as the error might occur while running the software in the admin mode. The steps involved in here are:
- The very first thing is to click on QuickBooks Symbol on the desktop screen.
- Moving to the next step, the user is required to select Properties from the menu, followed by selecting Compatibility.
- After that remove the check mark before running this program as Administrator.
- The next step is to open and update the QuickBooks.
- Now, update the windows and reboot the system.
- The final step is, when the reboot process is complete, open QuickBooks and try to send the mail.
Method 2: Tune up the Outlook and reinstall QuickBooks with clean install
In order to fix the issue, the user can also tune up the outlook and then reinstall QuickBooks with clean install tool. The steps to be followed here are:
- To begin with, close all the open applications and then save the unsaved work.
- Now, open the Task manager and then end all the QuickBooks processes.
- Moving ahead, the user is required to rename all the QuickBooks app and then program file with the help of clean install tool and reboot the system.
- In this step, the user is required to manually rename the folder.
- After that, uninstall QuickBooks and then reboot the computer.
- Now, insert the installation disk or download an installation source copy.
- The next step is to run the installation wizard and then carry out the instructions.
- Now, open the QuickBooks and reactive the product.
- Once done with that, update the QuickBooks with an option from the help menu.
- The last step is to open the company file and send the email.
Related article: Troubleshoot QuickBooks Unrecoverable errors
Method 3: Configure the QuickBooks Email preferences in the internet explorer
In case the above method didn’t work, then the user can simply try to configure the QuickBooks email preferences in the internet explorer. This can be done as below:
- To start with this procedure, the very first step for the user is to sign out from the company file and then close QuickBooks.
- The user is then required to press the Windows + R keys and also type explorer, followed by clicking OK to open the Internet Explorer.
- Choose the Internet options under the Tools menu, then select the Program tab.
- After that, the default email program must be kept as Microsoft Outlook. In case of any other program is selected, make necessary changes.
- Now, tap on Apply button.
- The user is now required to close the Internet explorer windows along with QuickBooks.
- The last step is to try sending the mail once again and you are good to go.
Method 4: Repair MDF132.dll file
Many QuickBooks users are unaware what is MDF132.dll file. This is basically a Microsoft Windows component referred to as “Messaging Application Programming Interface” protocol. This acts as a bridge to messaging communication with the Microsoft office and the QB desktop. In case of any issue with the same, there are chances for the QuickBooks Outlook Integration problems to take place. This method carries much of importance and involved technicalities.
- To start this method, the user is required to open the Microsoft word and a document.
- After that, click on Mailing menu, followed by sending it to oneself as a PDF attachment
- In case the Outlook opens with errors, this verifies that the file is error-free
- The user is then required to call QuickBooks technical support to get a diagnosis done on QuickBooks.
- If the user encounters an error while emailing the document, the following steps can be followed:
- First of all, close all the open programs
- Now, open the directory with the path c:\windows\system32
- After that locate and double click Fixmapi.exe and then carry out the instructions as prompted.
- Lastly, reboot the system.
This method is much known for solving this kind of issue. After the repair is done successfully, there are lesser chances of encountering the error.
You may also like: What is QuickBooks Connection diagnostic tool?
Method 5: Re-configuring QuickBooks Email Preferences
Re-configuring the QuickBooks email preferences can also be one option to fix the issue.
- The first step is to open QuickBooks and company file.
- Moving forward, the user is required to click on Edit menu>>> Preferences option>>> Send Forms.
- The next step is to select My Preferences Tab, followed by tapping on to Outlook as email option.
- Now, the user is required to close the company file and QuickBooks.
- The last and the final step is to open QuickBooks again and try to email the item with QuickBooks Outlook email problem occurred.
Method 6: Edit the email preferences in QuickBooks
The last method that one can opt for is to edit the email preferences in QuickBooks, by carrying out the steps below:
- The first step is to choose the Edit menu in QuickBooks, and then the user is required to opt for the Preferences option. In case the user is using Microsoft Outlook with Microsoft Exchange Server, then he/she is required to open and sign in to Outlook.
- Once done with that, the user is required to click on the Send forms option from the menu. And also visit the My Preferences tab.
- And then select the Outlook as the email option.
- Final step is to hit OK button.
The user is then required to Send a test email from QuickBooks. The user can toggle the preferences if the error persists.
- Firstly, the user is required to select the Edit menu and then opt for the Preferences option.
- After that, choose Send forms from the menu, followed by visiting the My Preferences tab.
- The next step is to select the QuickBooks Email or webmail option, and then hit Ok. This will toggle the preference off.
- Once done with that, the user is required to repeat the steps and move back to the My Preferences tab and then opt for the Outlook option. After that hit OK button.
- And close QuickBooks and all other open programs.
- The last and final step is to reboot the system.
The user is supposed to open QuickBooks and then send a test email or can also send a transaction.
After following any of the above enumerated methods, the user shouldn’t face the error: ‘QuickBooks is unable to send your emails to outlook‘ anymore. However, if the error persists, the user is required to reach out to certified ProAdvisors. Or dial our toll-free number i.e. 1(844)521-0490, and our QuickBooks enterprise tech support team will provide you with seamless support for Non-intuit issues as well.
We own a pool of highly qualified and skilled professionals who are well versed in dealing with all sorts of QuickBooks errors. They provide relevant solutions to all kinds of errors and can clear all your clouds of confusion. Thus, feel free to reach out to our experts round the clock and get answers to all your questions.
You might also like: