Easy to Follow steps to troubleshoot QuickBooks error code OLSU 1013
QuickBooks users can use QuickBooks online banking to online connect with their banks and financial institutions to check and download the recent transactions and uses of their bank account and banking service. QuickBooks is a state-of-the-art bookkeeping and accounting tool which allows its users to manage and handle online banking from within the software.
A QuickBooks user may be facing different sorts of error codes in case the QuickBooks Desktop doesn’t have banking set up properly. One common error code that often appears is QuickBooks error OLSU 1013. It keeps users from updating their account-related information and often pops-up when you try to set-up online banking in QB accounting software.
An unexpected error occurred. The branding and profile servers could not be accessed. Error message number: [OLSU-1013]
This blog post creates to provide you with easy to follow steps to fix QuickBooks OLSU 1013 error, which is a bank connection error message in QuickBooks:
Moreover, if you are doubtful or sceptical in carrying out the process on your own, then we recommend you to consult to a professional. You can contact our QuickBooks desktop support team at 1-800-969-7370, and ask our experts to carry out the process on your behalf. Our Certified ProAdvisors will ensure to provide you with the best possible support services in the least time.
What is QuickBooks Error Message OLSU 1013?
QuickBooks online, upon facing issues or glitches while connecting with your bank, shows an error that read – “An unexpected error occurred. The branding and profile servers could not be accessed.” You will have two options on the screen – “Click Cancel to discontinue setup & retry setting up the account again for online services.”
In case the issue persists after trying the options mentioned above, you can call QuickBooks support. Also, you can try the following troubleshooting steps we are going to provide your in order to fix baking error code OLSU 1013.
Reasons behind to QuickBooks Error Message OLSU 1013
One of the foremost reasons to trigger this banking error is a continuing issue with your bank. These issues may be of different sorts. Your banking institution may be facing an issue during operations. There might be multiple other reasons too. The following are the most common reasons to cause QuickBooks error code OLSU-1013.
- Your QuickBooks Desktop version is outdated.
- QuickBooks is not connected to or facing troubles in connecting with your bank
- Bank servers are unresponsive because of some undergoing updates or maintenance
- The Financial Institution Directory that you have is not updated
- You are using a mode other than Express or Side by Side Mode
- Incorrect login credentials
- The connection between QuickBooks Desktop and Internet Explorer is not being supported Internet explorer configuration
Things to know before you start exercising the troubleshooting steps
Before you start trying any of the solutions to fix this QuickBooks error code 1013, check if your QuickBooks Desktop is updated. Update it if it’s not.
- Visit google.com or any other safe website to make sure there is no internet activity issue.
- Try to log in to your online banking using a browser. Check if you login credentials are appropriate
- Make sure to Update Internet Explorer and set it as your default internet browser.
- You must be using QuickBooks in Single-User mode.
- Backup the company file
- Download any pending downloaded transactions
You might also like: Sync QuickBooks files between two computers
Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error Message OLSU 1013
Below are the quick steps to troubleshoot QuickBooks error code OLSU 1013:
Step 1: Keep the Default Bank Account under Company and Personal Preferences
- Click on the QuickBooks icon to open the accounting software and sign in into your company file as an administrator.
- Click on Preferences under the Edit menu and then Checking.
- For all of the options, select Default under the My Preferences tab.
- Once you have the Company Preferences tab, select the default account for all the options.
- Click OK and type in the credentials to log in to your online banking using QuickBooks again.
Step 2: Update your FIDIR (Financial Institution Directory)
- Open QuickBooks, Go to the banking tab and click Bank Feeds and then Bank Feeds Center.
- Select Sync all for this bank from the drop-down menu.
Important: If the automatic update does not take effect, follow the steps provided below for manual updating.
- Go to Windows File Explorer and follow the path C:\ ProgramData\ Intuit\ QuickBooks XXXX\ Components\OLB \branding \filist.
- Click the link available for your QuickBooks version and then press Ctrl+A keys to select all the text on the page.
For QuickBooks 2016, QB 2017, QB 2018, QB 2019
- Copy the text on the page (Ctrl+C) keys.
- Now within the files folder, double-click the fidir.txt file or do a write click on the mouse and select open.
- Press Ctrl + A keys to select all and then press Ctrl+ V keys to paste the copied content.
- Go to the File tab at the top left corner, press Save and close the file.
- Restart QuickBooks.
Step 3: Set QuickBooks to Use the Express Mode
- Go to QuickBooks Desktop, open the Edit tab, and select Preferences.
- Click Checking on the left side of the screen.
- Press the Company Preferences tab and then select Express Mode Once you are in the Bank Feed window.
- Click OK to save changes.
Step 4: Enabling TLS 1.2 Protocol
- The very first step is to open Internet explorer 11 and ensure to have the latest one
- And then click on the gear icon
- Followed by, navigating to the internet options and clicking on advanced tab
- After that, scroll down in the security section and unmark USE TLS 1.0 and mark USE TLS 1.2
- The next step is to click on the apply and OK tabs
- And also, close the running programs and reboot the system
Read this also: How to Fix QuickBooks error 6000 83?
Step 5: Creating and merging accounts
- For this, the user first needs to right click on the accounts facing issues
- And then select the edit account
- After that highlight the account name and click on copy
- Followed by adding * at the end of the account name
- And click on the bank feed settings tab and selecting the option to deactivate all the online services
- The next step is to click on save and close
- And also click on chart of accountants and make a new account
- After that paste the account name by removing *
- Followed by closing the file and opening it again. And clicking on chart of accountants with *
- Right click on the account and select edit account
- Also, eliminate * and click on save and close options respectively
- After that click on Yes and when you see the merge warning
- Then click on setup an account for bank feeds
- The last step is to download transactions to the newly merged account
QuickBooks Error OLSU 1013 is a common error that can affect users all the banks, including Bank of America, HSBC, Wachovia, or Capital One and at times, when the issue erupts from the bank’s end, it is an uphill task to troubleshoot this error.
We recommend users to follow the solutions provided in the blog post to quickly fix QuickBooks OLSU error code 1013 message and if the issue persists, then contact our 24×7 QuickBooks enterprise support team at +1-800-969-7370 for quick and precise solutions.
You might also like: