Whenever the QuickBooks Company file requires additional information, the QuickBooks Error code H303 generally appears. So, when the user tries the access the file which has been placed in another computer and that PC required additional setup and installation, then this error occurs.
If you see QuickBooks error H101, H202, H303 or H505 when trying to switch into multi-user mode then this post will help you to recover it. These errors mean something is blocking the multi-user connection to your server. If you are facing the same issue, then make sure that you read the post carefully till the end. Moreover, we would recommend you to speak to professional and let him/her handle the situation for you, if you are unaware of the technicalities of QuickBooks. You can contact our QuickBooks support team at our toll-free support number i.e. 1-800-969-7370, and our experts will be there to assist you.
Read Also: How to Resolve the QuickBooks Error 6190?
What is QuickBooks error H303?
Talking about the QuickBooks error H303, it basically indicates that the company file has been placed on the PC needs additional configuration. This is because when the user tries to open QuickBooks company file from the other PC, an error usually occurs, as it requires additional setup and installation. The H303 error belongs to the H series error family. It appears on the screen with an error message, and this type of error is pretty common and reported commonly by the QB users.
Causes of QuickBooks Error H303
There are a couple of factors that could lead you to the QuickBooks error code H303. A few of which we have enumerated below:
- The Firewall has blocked the communication process of the QuickBooks company file.
- If there is a damaged or wrong .ND file.
- There is an improper computer network.
- Hosting Configuration Settings are incorrect.
- If company files are hosted by the server, then the software cannot acquire these company files.
Troubleshooting Steps for QuickBooks Error Code H303
Below are 4 easy hacks to resolve the QuickBooks error code H303:
Solution 1: Install QuickBooks File Doctor
The very first method that one can opt for is to use the QuickBooks file doctor tool. This tool is considered to be one of the finest tools made available by Intuit. It is designed and developed in a way to fix the various company file and network issues. This tool is expected to work wonders, if used properly.
- The user can install QuickBooks desktop on the server and run QuickBooks File Doctor tool.
- Or the user can also install the QuickBooks tool hub and access the file doctor tool.
- Run the tool and it will diagnose and resolve the issues on its own.
Solution 2: Check the QuickBooks Settings
In case you are unable to fix the error using the QuickBooks file doctor tool, we would recommend you to check the QuickBooks settings.
You can carry out the steps below and check the QB settings to resolve the issue:
- The very initial step is to open QuickBooks in multi-user mode.
- And then choose the files on both PC’s and go to Files > Utilities > Stop Hosting Multi-user Configuration
- After that turn on Hosting on any of the computers and go to Utilities > Host Multi-user Configuration
- The last step is to start QuickBooks on both computers and check if the error is resolved
Solution 3: Change the Position QuickBooks folders
Changing the position of the QB folders is another solution that one can opt for in regards to solving the QuickBooks error H303. The steps to be followed for this particular process are:
- The very first step is to make a new folder in the hosting computer.
- And then, set and share Windows access permissions to allow you to store files
- After that copy .qbw file and paste in a new folder.
- And towards the end of the process access the company file in multi-user mode.
Solution 4: Reorganize Firewall Settings
The last method that the user can opt for is to configure the firewall settings. This method is expected to work for you, in case none of the above methods resolved the error code H303 for you. All you have to do is to follow the steps below and try to reorganize the firewall settings:
- First of all go to Control Panel and select firewall settings
- Followed by selecting ‘Allow a program through firewall’
- Add programs and add QuickBooks 20xx in the exception list
- End the process by restarting QuickBooks. And then verify whether changes are done or not.
To wind up!
We expect that once you are thorough with the above mentioned procedures, you will be successfully able to fix the QuickBooks error code H303 bug. However, in case even following these solutions, you are not able to resolve this issue, then you can contact our QuickBooks enterprise support number i.e. +1-800-969-7370.
You will connect with our expert who will guide with the right and reliable solutions. Do not hesitate in contacting us anytime, as our professionals are highly dedicated in providing the tailored solutions to all QB users.
You might also like: