Learn how to tackle out QuickBooks error code C=51 like a Pro
Stumbled upon QuickBooks error code C=51 and didn’t know what to do? Need not to worry anymore, this article can be an ideal solution for you. When the user is unable to find out the TxList, this is when the error code C=51 appears on the screen to warn the user. Furthermore, this kind of error is also seen in the cases when the user attempts to eliminate the transactions from the report.
This article is purely based on the facts related to the QuickBooks Error code C=51, which includes the causes, requirements, and the troubleshooting steps. So, if you are looking for an ideal solution that would help you to get rid of this annoying error, then read the article till the end and explore further. Else, you can also pick up your phone give a ring to +1-844-521-0490, and talk to our QuickBooks enterprise technical support team. With years of expertise and experience in handling the issues associated with QuickBooks, our team members will provide you with round the clock assistance that too in a single call.
Related article: What are the steps to resolve QuickBooks error 9999?
What is QuickBooks error code C=51?
Before exploring the facts related to this error code, it would be sane enough to get a brief insight into what this error means. QuickBooks error code C=51 is the error that arises on the screen when the user is unable to look for the TxList file. The error message might appear on the screen stating “unable to find the TxList“. This type of error can also be encountered when the user is trying to remove the transaction from any report.
What are the requirements for troubleshooting the QuickBooks error code C=51?
Before jumping on the solution, it would be better to first check out the requirements for carrying out the troubleshooting process. There are three essential things that might be required, in order to rectify the QuickBooks error code C=51. The three of the requirements are as follows:
- The very first requirement can be the transaction log file (.TLG – in the same folder as the corrupted QBW file)
- Another point in the essentials list is the corrupted QuickBooks data file (.QBW)
- And lastly, any older backup of the QuickBooks data file might also be required (.QBW or .QBB or .QBM)
Root causes of the QuickBooks error C=51
Well, knowing the causes of the error can be really helpful in dealing with the same. Thus, check out some of the most common causes of the QuickBooks error code C=51.
- The very first cause can be any kind of damage to the media, such as backups made on the bad floppy disks.
- Another cause can be the problems with the QuickBooks verification.
- This kind of error can be caused due to damaged file.
- Also, an error such as QuickBooks rebuild error and upgrading error may also lead to QuickBooks Error C=51.
- If your QuickBooks database server is damaged or corrupted, then you might face this error.
Read also: How to resolve QuickBooks abort error?
FIX QuickBooks Error Code C=51 without any hassle
Now that you have explored the causes as well as the requirements for resolving the QuickBooks database error C=51, it is time to find out the most effective and relevant solution to the error. There can be more than one solution to this error. We will be discussing each of the solutions along with the steps involved, one by one.
Method #1: Update QuickBooks to the latest release
The first method that we are going to discuss is the most basic method. This type of error can be resolved by updating the QuickBooks to the latest version. Therefore, upgrade your QuickBooks to the latest version and check whether this resolves your issue. In case the issue persists, move to the next method.
Method #2: Rebuild the data
- In this method, the very first step is to close all tabs in the QuickBooks.
- Once done with that, the user is required to shut down the QuickBooks software.
- Now the next step to be followed is to reopen the QuickBooks and then perform the same work that you were doing at the time when you encountered the error.
- The last step is that the user is required to rebuild the data in a proper format.
Method #3: Run QuickBooks file doctor tool
Using QuickBooks file doctor tool can also be helpful in getting rid of the Error code C=51.
- Firstly, download the QuickBooks file doctor tool.
- Then, check out the erroneous files.
- And lastly, use the tool, and you are good to go.
Method #4: Restore the backup
- Restore the backup files.
- After restoring the QuickBooks files, the user is required to press Ctrl+ C keys, followed by moving them to a new folder.
- Now right-click the file and select Properties.
- In case the backup file is less than 6MB, then it should be noted that the backup file is incorrect.
- And in such cases, the user is required to make a backup file once again.
At times, the user might encounter this error code due to network connectivity problems, while the system undergoes the downloading process. The network connectivity issue might prevent the transactions from getting downloaded. Thus, the user is recommended to check the internet connection, before starting with the downloading process.
The QuickBooks Audit trail report contains the accidentally deleted or altered transactions. The user can restore the transactions by re-entering the information. To open the report, the steps involved are as follows:
- First of all, the user needs to open the reports menu.
- And then, select the accountant and taxes option, followed by clicking on the Audit trail option.
- Moving ahead, the user needs to restore the transactions that are lost due to any technical bug.
If you are facing such kind of error, then you can carry out any of the above methods. We expect that with the help of this article, the QB users might have a clear view to tackle the QuickBooks data error C=51. If in case none of the methods work in your favor, then it is recommended to seek for professional assistance, in order to avoid any kind of a further mess.
You’ll also like