Get the best solution to the QuickBooks error code C=1327
The accounting industry saw a sea change in the way it is done, as Intuit launched the software QuickBooks. Today this application is being used all across the world by companies big or small to manage their finances, payroll, inventory and more. Each year Intuit launches a new version of QuickBooks with new and improved features which makes accounting and bookkeeping a lot simpler than before.
QuickBooks may be an amazing application for accounting and businesses largely depend on it but at times it does have technical issues, after all it is just a software. An error that QB commonly faces is the QuickBooks error code C=1327. This error usually happens installing or updating QuickBooks software.
To know more about QuickBooks error C=1327, make sure to read this blog post carefully till the end. Or an alternate solution for the same can be to get in touch with our 24/7 QuickBooks enterprise support team via our toll-free number i.e. 1-800-969-7370. We are a hub of certified QuickBooks professionals and experts, who do not leave any stone un-turned in providing the best possible support services round the clock.
Read Also: What does QuickBooks error code 41 means?
What is QuickBooks error C=1327?
The QuickBooks error code C=1327 pops up when you are trying to install QuickBooks on your computer. When you insert the installation media and begin with the installation process and you get the below mentioned message:
“The Drive(drive letter) is invalid. Or Invalid drive (drive letter)
In this blog we will in detail discuss how to resolve the QuickBooks error C=1327, but before that it is important to understand a few pointers about installation of a program on your computer.
The installed programs and all their files are stored in the Drive and most system files are stored in the C Drive. You can find the list of drive on My Computer section. These drives are there as divisions for the computer’s memory.
Causes of QuickBooks Error C=1327
- Corrupted or Moved Storage Devices: The issue of corrupted or moved storage happens when you make an attempt to install QuickBooks in an external storage device like a USB. So, if there is a loose connection or if it gets disconnected during the installation process then the QuickBooks error C=1327
- Corrupt Microsoft .NET Framework: Windows has a software called Microsoft .NET Framework that helps in proper installation of software on Windows. The error C=1327 occurs if this software is corrupted
- Incorrect Registry Settings: The Registry is a place where the system keeps a record of all that is going on the computer like storage location of all the files etc. So, if the installation has a different name or location on your computer then the error 1327 can happen.
- System Specific Error: At times the system have some specific errors that can be fixed only with the help of professionals.
How to fix QuickBooks error code C=1327?
Checkout the following ways to resolve QuickBooks error code 1327 like a Pro:
Step 1: Make sure Storage Devices have proper connection
Ensure that cables and other related things are properly connected with the computer. Also do check if the USBs or Flash devices that you are using to install QuickBooks are functioning properly and are also connected.
Step 2: Fix Microsoft .NET Framework
Below are the steps to repair Microsoft .NET Framework
- First, look for programs in the Control Panel
- Now select Turn Windows Features On/Off
- If asked, confirm with the admin password
- After this uncheck the box next to Microsoft .NET Framework and now reboot the system
- Now open programs and by following the same steps check the box that is next to .NET Framework.
See Also: How to fix QuickBooks banking error 108?
Step 3: Fix Registry Settings
Below are the steps to fix Registry Settings:
- The first thing to do is to backup your system registry
- After this Press Windows+R keys and then type Regedit and click on Run option.
- Once it is done, navigate to the specific key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders
- Now look for the entries that list the drive letter which is mentioned in the error message
- Now change the incorrect drive names to C:\.
- After this save the settings and boot the computer and retry installing. Once the installation process is done, revert the changes that were made to the registry.
Step 4: Delete Network Drive
- To begin with, the user needs to select the Start tab and then select Programs
- After that, click on the Windows explorer option
- Followed by selecting the network drive on which the shell folder is available
- The next step in the process is to hit OK tab
- Moving ahead, the users are supposed to select the map network drive in the tool menu
- Followed by shell folder uncheck reconnect at logon and write the path
- Hit OK and move to the next step
- To end the process, the users are required to reboot windows and then install the application.
Step 5: Craft a new Windows user and install Windows 10 or Windows 7 or 8
For Windows 10
- The first step is to hit the Start tab and then click on Settings option
- Followed by, clicking on the Accounts and select family and other people
- The next step in the process is to select to Add someone else to this PC
- To end the process, the user needs to enter a new password, name, password hint, and hit next.
For Windows 7 or 8
- The user is first required to click on the Start tab and then click on the Control panel
- Followed by selecting the user accounts and then select manager another account
- Moving ahead, the user needs to make a new account
- And then the user will have to assign a name and select Administrator
- Along with that, select create account and then reboot the system
- The next step is to log in to the PC by using admin credentials
- And the last step is to install again
The above-mentioned solutions can easily fix the issue of QuickBooks error code C=1327 but in case of any query regarding it you can always connect with the QuickBooks support service providers. You can simply make a call at our toll-free number i.e. 1-800-969-7370, and our team of experts and certified QuickBooks professionals will help in fixing the error C=1327, without any further hassle.
You might also like: