Learn how to fix QuickBooks Error Code 61 through simple steps provided in this blog post
QuickBooks is one of the most popular accounting software used by business owners around the world. The reason behind this is simply nothing but the fact that it contains all the features that are required in any accounting software but also is pretty easy to learn and adapt to. Intuit, the company that looks over QuickBooks Desktop is known for it’s regular updates and thus, it provides an amazing user experience. This all adds up to making QB a favorite amongst the small as well as medium-sized companies. But, with regular updates, bugs and errors also become a part of the software.
‘QuickBooks Error code 61’ is one of the errors that most of QB users would have come across one time or the other. Being a common error that users have to face quite a lot while updating the software or performing other actions, it is important to understand the steps required to fix this error. So, in this article, we will learn the complete information regarding the QuickBooks Error code 61 and also will understand several methods to fix this error. Thus, without further ado, let’s get started.
Whereas, if you feel that getting rid of this QuickBooks error 61 on your own is a time consuming process or you are looking for an expert to fix the error on your behalf, then it is better that you catch up to our support team via our toll-free number i.e. 1-800-969-7370. Our experts and professionals will ensure to provide you with the most effective solution in order to get rid of this error. Give us a call, whenever you need us and we will be there to assist you.
You may also like: What are the system Requirements for QuickBooks Enterprise solutions?
What is QuickBooks Error Code 61 error?
Just like other errors which occur on QuickBooks desktop, QuickBooks Error code 61 is caused because of errors related to factors such as:
- Moving .QBW file to another location not added in the software
- When the selected .ND file in incorrect or damaged
- Company file gets corrupted while upgrading the software
So, these are some of the common causes that are behind errors such as Error code 61. Apart from these, the following are some other causes which might be the reason behind this error is displayed on your system.
- The .ND file or .TLG file is corrupted many times
- Whenever a registry page or important framework is deleted from the system
- .QBW file itself is damaged
- Error 61 can also occur in case the bank service institution provides a fresh credit card or account number which is not linked
- Spyware, virus or malware attack might be a cause of QuickBooks Error Code 61.
What are the other errors that can be caused due to QuickBooks Error code 61?
There is a chance that if the system is not able to back up the company file, it can give a way to the occurrence of other errors. So, here is a list of error which can be associated with QB Error code 61:
- Error C=422 or C=343
- QuickBooks error -6189, -82
- QB error -6190, -816
- QuickBooks error 3371: QuickBooks installation is damaged
- Error -6073, -99001
- Unrecoverable error messages
- QuickBooks error H101, H202, H303, and H505
Methods to fix QuickBooks Error Code 61
As we said earlier, there are a handful of methods using which a user can fix QuickBooks Error code 61. So, following are the steps that you will require to fix this QB issue from your system:
Method 1: Repair using Reimage repair tool
- Start with going to Intuit’s official website and download the QB Re-image repair tool
- Install the software and run it
- The tool will clean the PC and will show all the damaged files on the system
- Click on Start repair to fix the damaged files
- Once the process is complete and the tool has fixed the files, restart the device
Method 2: Merge a new account
- Launch QB Desktop and next click on Chart of Accounts under Lists option of the Menu bar
- Now, click on View and then select the option of Re-Sort list
- Once done, the user will have to verify the company file again
- If the QuickBooks Error code 61 is still popping up, then make a new account and simply merge it with the existing Damaged one.
- Lastly, restart the system and then open the file to verify it one more time
Also read: What is QuickBooks loan manager?
Method 3: Update Company file
- Start with a click on Open or Restore company option under the File menu
- Now, select ‘Open Company File’ option and then click on Next to proceed
- Search for the data file and then click on open
- Once the ‘Update Now’ option appears, click on it and follow the instructions
- Lastly, copy the backup and place it back in the folder of Company file
Method 4: Update QuickBooks desktop software
- First of all you need to go to Help menu and hit a click on Update QuickBooks
- After that hit a click on Update Now option
- Now choose the available updates and click on Get Updates to download
- After that shut down the QuickBooks desktop and then open it.
- You will get a prompt to update QuickBooks desktop on your screen
- Hit a click on Install or Yes and then follow the update wizard
- Reboot your system once the installation gets complete.
Also read: Resolve QuickBooks desktop general ledger?
Method 5: Fix QuickBooks Manually
- Start with clicking on the File menu and then click on Rebuild Data under the Utility option
- After that, click on Verify data option under the Utility option
- Check if the message ‘QuickBooks is not responding’ pops up
- If the message pops up, click on OK and then restart the device
So, these are some of the methods using which a user can fix QuickBooks Error code 61 issue. In case, even after following all the steps, the error is not fixed, contact our customer care for assistance. We hope that you find this article helpful. Please contact us if you have any more QB related questions or issues.
Give us a call at 1-800-969-7370, talk to our executives, discuss your issue with them and let them handle the situation. Our QuickBooks enterprise support team will be happy to resolve the issue as soon as possible.