One of the biggest and widely used bookkeeping programming, QuickBooks is used by various small and medium sized businesses. QuickBooks comes with advanced accounting features, which take care of various business activities of the organizations. But sometimes, QuickBooks faces an error 6010, wherein a message is displayed that “Your QuickBooks installation may has been modified. Try re-installing QuickBooks and then try again”. When this error occurs, the user is not able to open the QuickBooks file. There are various other facts associated with QuickBooks error 6010, which we will be discussed later in this article. Thus, make sure to stay tuned with the article till the end.
If you need quick resolution to this error and start working seamlessly, then you can contact our QuickBooks error support team and speak to our accounting experts who are available round the clock and will resolve your query. You can ring up at our toll-free number i.e. 1-800-969-7370.
What is QuickBooks Error code 6010?
When QuickBooks Error 6010 occurs, it simply means that QuickBooks installation may have been modified and the user should re-install the application and then try again. This error indicates that QuickBooks is not permitted to access the network due to anti-virus software or firewall. There are many reasons due to which this error occurs. Below are the reasons due to which this error can occur.
Read also: What is QuickBooks Error Code 6209?
Reasons for QuickBooks Error -6010, -100
There are a number of reasons due to which QuickBooks Error 6010 can occur. Some of the reasons are as below:
- In Network Division, .nd record is detached from the documents that finish with .QBW and .TLG.
- Cleaning Projects are put away in PC framework.
- When NOD32 antivirus programming is used along with the Internet Monitor and that too on the same PC framework in which QuickBooks programming and its particular information are spared.
- Due to the association of system information petition for multi-client framework.
- This system information record is a system gadget document and the blunder can happen when the document is disengaged from QuickBooks work records.
Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error code 6010
There is a list of methods that you can adopt to resolve this error:
Solution 1: Use QuickBooks database server manager
- Restart the QuickBooks Database Server Manager and scan the company file again
- Start and then click on ‘All Programs’
- Open QuickBooks and now, click on the ‘QuickBooks Database Server Manager’
- Select all the Scan Folders.
- When you see that there are no folders present, then you can click on ‘Add Folder’
- On the other hand, Highlight the folder and Scan now.
- With heading “QuickBooks company files found, confirm that company file has been found“
- Open the file again and then also open the QuickBooks icon again
- Sign in to the company file
- If same error occurs again, try the next solution.
Solution 2: Fix Company file
- Open the folder where company file is saved.
- Look for the file that has extension of .QBW.
- Right click on the file and then click Copy
- Now, Paste this file on the Desktop.
- Open QuickBooks and you are directed to the No Company Open Window (during this process, hold down the Control key)
- Now, click on ‘Open or restore existing company’
- Locate the company file that you had copied, open it and navigate to the desktop.
Solution 3: Switch to Single user mode
- Log in as Admin on the server computer
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to bring up the task manager
- Select the Users tab and Show Processes for all users
- Highlight each QuickBooks process and then select End Task
- Now, open the company file in multi-user mode.
Solution 4: Rename the .ND files
- Find all the files whose name ends with file extensions .nd.
- Now, check the files which are facing the errors.
- Right click on the file and click on ‘Rename‘ option
- While renaming, add old in the end of the name of the file so that you remember the file name. For example, the name of the file will be Company ABCD.nd.old
- Open QuickBooks now and check if the error is still there or not.
Solution 5: Stop multi-user access
- From QuickBooks application menu, select File
- Now, go to Utilities and click on Stop hosting multi-user access option
- After this, close QuickBooks and reopen it
- If you are using ESET NOD32 Anti-virus software, then go to the program settings, disable the feature of Internet Monitor and then, restart your computer.
- Rename the file by typing old at the end of it. Re-open QuickBooks is you find that file is disconnected.
Solution 6: Reinstall QuickBooks
- To begin with, the user is suggested to click on the start tab and then move to the control panel
- Once done with that, click on the uninstall a program option
- After that, uninstall the QuickBooks software
- Followed by using QuickBooks clean install tool
- The next step in the process is to select the version of QuickBooks that is to be installed on the system and then hit continue option
- And to end the process, the user needs to select OK tab and then install QuickBooks
Call us today for expert assistance!
All the above given solutions can help you fix QuickBooks Error 6010. You should implement all these solutions carefully to get rid of this error. In case, you are not able to resolve the error, you can contact our 24X7 QuickBooks enterprise support team at +1-800-969-7370 who are available round the clock and resolve the error.
Most searchable articles: