Here is how you can fix QuickBooks Error code 323 like a Pro
QuickBooks is an accounting software that is used by most of the medium as well as small companies around the globe. Since its a modern and user friendly accounting tool, the user base of this software is massive. But like any other computer software, QuickBooks too receives some bugs and errors that commonly appear on it on a regular basis. QuickBooks Error code 323 is one of the most common errors that QB users receive. It is a banking error that indicates that the bank account running on the system has been added multiple times. This error is often seen when the user enter the same account number more than once or also if the user enters the sign in credentials and the back do not accept them.
This article will discuss QuickBooks online error code 323 in detail. Here, you will learn the reasons and ways to fix this error. So, make sure that you stay connected to the article till the end. Moreover, you can also get in touch with our online support team via our toll-free number i.e. 1-800-969-7370. Our experts and certified accounting professionals will be happy to help you.
You might also like: How to reinstall QuickBooks PDF convertor?
Why QuickBooks Error 323 does appear?
It is a common query as to why QuickBooks Error code 323 appears on the systems of users. Not many factors are responsible for the occurrence of this error. Let us have a look at the causes of error 323:
- In case the user is having two accounts with same account name and same account number. From same account number we mean that the last four digits of the account number are same.
- Also, when the user mistakenly adds the same account twice
- Another factor that would end up in this error can be if the sign in credentials entered by the user are not accepted by the bank
- In case you have added the same account twice in our product section. You can disconnect the most recent instance of the accounts.
Solutions to fix QuickBooks Error 323
Here are some of the few solutions that will help you to fix QuickBooks Error 323 entirely from your system. In case you still see the error pop-up appearing on your system, it is advised to contact a professional or IT expert. They will help you to locate the cause of the error and also a way to fix it.
Solution 1: Delete one of the accounts
The very first method that the user can opt for is to delete one of the accounts. This method can resolve the issue up to great extent. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- The very first step is to check the effects of fully deleting an account from your system.
- And then, select the Gear Icon on the display.
- Now, choose the Charts of Accounts from the menu.
- Followed by, spotting and selecting the account that you want to delete from the system.
- Towards the end, the user needs to click on the Delete Option and lastly, click on confirm to get the account deleted, and you are done.
Solution 2: Download the Bank statement
Another solution that can be implemented by the user in order to get rid of QuickBooks error 323, is to download the bank statement. The user needs to carry out the below steps:
- In the list menu which you can find at the top-left bar of the QuickBooks Desktop, choose the Chart of Accounts.
- The next step is to look for and Click on the Bank account which you have added and enabled for online banking from your system.
- Once done with that, the user needs to select the Download Bank statement option from the list
- Now, in an Online Banking Center Window will appear on the screen, click on the View and choose the Add option
- To end the process, the user needs to opt for the Icon and press on Download.
Solution 3: Download the Transactions
Downloading the transactions can also help the user to get rid of the error code 324. The steps to be followed are as follows:
- To begin with, the user needs to move to the Settings interface on your QuickBooks Desktop, here, select the Setup a transaction download option
- Now, in order to update the bank list, select the option listed as ‘My bank is not listed.’
- Once the list is updated on your system, it will offer all the updated details such as the current date, etc.
- After this, follow the mentioned path, ‘Show list > Enter the name of your bank > Enter Login Credential > Continue.’
- This will generate the list of all the accounts with its respective bank details on the screen.
- The last step in the process is to Link each of the accounts to a proper account, this setup will make sure that error 323 won’t appear on the system.
Solution 4: Export and Import chart of the present Accounts
If the above methods failed to work for you, then you can export and import chart of the present accounts. This can be done by carrying out the steps below:
- The very first step is to move to the File > Utilities
- Here, opt for Export > Lists of IIF Files
- Now, select the Chart of Accounts and save the required file on the desktop
- And then, Create a new file.
- For importing process, firstly, go to File > Utilities
- And then select Import > IIF files
- Lastly, locate the Chart of Accounts IIF file on your desktop and select it
Solution 5: Rename account at the Bank’s Website
The last solution that one can opt for is to rename the account at the bank’s website. The steps to be followed in this process are:
- Initially, from the Navigation bar, choose the Banking option
- Among the mentioned accounts, select the account that you want to rename
- Now, select Edit > Edit account information. From the respective menus
- And then, the Account window will appear on the screen here, choose ‘Disconnect the account on save.’
- The next step is to click on Save.
- Follow this solution with the steps mentioned in solution 1 to complete the process.
We hope that you find this blog post helpful in troubleshooting the QuickBooks error code 323. In case the error persists even after performing all the above provided steps or it reappears after once being fixed – you can contact our 24×7 QuickBooks enterprise support for quick and precise solutions.
Give us a call at our toll-free number i.e. 1-800-969-7370, and our experts and certified QB professionals will be there to assist you.
You might also like: