Here is how you can fix QuickBooks Error code 323 like a Pro
QuickBooks is an accounting software that is used by most of the medium as well as small companies around the globe. Since its a modern and user friendly accounting tool, the user base of this software is massive. But like any other computer software, QuickBooks too receives some bugs and errors that commonly appear on it on a regular basis. QuickBooks Error code 323 is one of the most common errors that QuickBooks users receive. It is a banking error that indicates that the bank account running on the system has been added multiple times.
This article will discuss QuickBooks online error code 323 in detail. Here, you will learn the reasons and ways to fix this error. Read on!
You might also like: How to reinstall QuickBooks PDF convertor?
Why QuickBooks Error 323 does appear?
It is a common query as to why QuickBooks Error code 323 appears on the systems of users. So, as we have mentioned earlier, this error is caused by the event of the same bank account being added twice. Apart from this scenario, there is one more factor that might cause the appearance of this error. It is when the user enters incorrect credentials at the time of sign-in, and the banking institution does not accept the provided information.
Solutions to fix QuickBooks Error 323
Here are some of the few solutions that will help you to fix QuickBooks Error 323 entirely from your system. In case you still see the error pop-up appearing on your system, it is advised to contact a professional QuickBooks desktop support team. They will help you to locate the cause of the error and also a way to fix it.
Solution 1: Delete one of the accounts
- Before following the steps mentioned further, check the effects of fully deleting an account from your system.
- Choose the Gear Icon on the display.
- Select the Charts of Accounts from the menu.
- Find and Select the account that you want to delete from the system.
- Click on the Delete Option and lastly, click on confirm to get the account deleted.
Solution 2: Download the Bank statement
- In the list menu which you can find at the top-left bar of the QuickBooks Desktop, choose the Chart of Accounts.
- Find and Clicking on the Bank account which you have added and enabled for online banking from your system.
- Once done, select the Download Bank statement option from the list
- Now, in an Online Banking Centre Window will appear on the screen, click on the View and choose the Add option
- Select the Icon and press on Download.
Solution 3: Download the Transactions
- Go to the Settings interface on your QuickBooks Desktop, here, select the Setup a transaction download option
- Now, in order to update the bank list, select the option listed as ‘My bank is not listed.’
- Once the list is updated on your system, it will offer all the updated details such as the current date, etc.
- After this, follow the mentioned path, ‘Show list > Enter the name of your bank > Enter Login Credential > Continue.’
- This will generate the list of all the accounts with its respective bank details on the screen.
- Now, Link each of the accounts to a proper account, this setup will make sure that error 323 won’t appear on the system.
Solution 4: Export and Import chart of the present Accounts
- Go to File > Utilities
- Here, Select Export > Lists of IIF Files
- Now, Choose Chart of Accounts and save the required file on the desktop
- Create a new file.
- Go to File > Utilities
- Select Import > IIF files
- Locate the Chart of Accounts IIF file on your desktop and select it
Solution 5: Rename account at the Bank’s Website
- From the Navigation bar, choose the Banking option
- Among the mentioned accounts, select the account that you want to rename
- Select Edit > Edit account info. From the respective menus
- Now, the Account window will appear on the screen here, choose ‘Disconnect the account on save.’
- Click on Save.
- Follow this solution with the steps mentioned in solution 1 to complete the process.
We hope that you find this blog post helpful in troubleshooting the QuickBooks error code 323. In case the error persists even after performing all the above provided steps or it reappears after once being fixed – you can contact our 24×7 QuickBooks enterprise support for quick and precise solutions.
You might also like: