The engaging spectrum of QuickBooks is sufficient enough to garner user’s attention. But at the same time, there are certain errors that can hinder the smooth working process. One such error is QuickBooks error code 1712, which is often seen when the operating system gets damaged. This error can also trouble the user in case any system file or any Microsoft components used by QuickBooks gets damaged or corrupted. This error often comes up with an error message stating as:
“We’re sorry! Something went wrong with your installation.” Or “Error 1712. One or more of the files required to restore your computer to its previous state could not be found. Restoration will not be possible.”
If you are also facing any such error, then this post can be of a great asset for you.
Moreover, contacting our technical support team can also be one of the alternatives that can work for you. Give us a call at our toll-free number at 1-800-969-7370, and discuss your issue with our experts and certified accounting professionals.
Triggers to QuickBooks error code 1712
As we mentioned earlier, this error is often seen at the time of installation or un-installation of any program that demands rebooting the system. There can be other factors causing the error, a few of which are enumerated below:
- In case the user is having any damaged data files in QuickBooks desktop.
- Or, if any changes have been made to the software within the same system
- The error can also occur if the user tries to install the QuickBooks in a coded or damaged folder
- Any of the malicious software hinders the process
- Similar error can also be seen if the registry files get damaged or corrupted.
Steps to resolve QuickBooks error code 1712
There can be a few solutions that can be implemented, in order to resolve this QuickBooks error 1712. We will be exploring each of the methods in details. So, let us begin:
Method 1: Run Quick Fix My Program from QuickBooks Tools hub
- First of all, close QuickBooks
- And then download the QuickBooks Tool hub file. After that as the file where it can be accessed without any trouble
- Open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe setup file
- And then carry out the onscreen steps to install. Also make sure to agree to the terms and conditions
- The user is then required to double click the icon and open tool hub
- Now, in the QuickBooks Tool Hub, choose the program problems tab
- And then select the Quick fix my program option
- After that use the tool and retry installing QuickBooks desktop
Method 2: Modify the application data path inside registry
- In this process, the user needs to click on the start option and then look for the regedit.exe
- After that look for the stated path in Regedit i.e. HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerUserShell folders
- The next step is to double click the entry app data
- And then, replace the original value with the local profile path
- After that, the user should restart the device and check for errors
See Also: How to rectify QuickBooks error C=1327?
Method 3: Using QuickBooks Install diagnostic tool
In case the above method fails, the user can opt for the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool. The steps involved in the process are:
- Firstly, move to the official intuit website
- And then, download the QuickBooks Install diagnostic tool
- Followed by installing the tool on the device
- Moving ahead, the user needs to close all the system application and the background application, in order to run the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool
- And then open the tool
- The user is then required to spot the option “I am having problems installing QuickBooks”
- After that, click on OK tab
- To end the process, the user needs to reboot the system and make sure that the changes are made correctly.
Method 4: End the processes in task manager
- First of all, press Ctrl + Alt + Delete keys
- And then, right click the QuickBooks software and then click on the Go to processes option
- After that, click on the end processes tab and close all the process in the task manager
- To end the process, reboot the device and check that the processes are deleted.
Method 5: Download QuickBooks desktop
In case none of the above methods work, then in that case the user can download and install QuickBooks desktop. The steps to be followed are:
- Initially, visit the download page for QuickBooks
- And then, choose the option of change
- Followed by clicking on the product edition
- The next step is to select the desired version from the version column
- And to complete the process, click the download tab.
Following these tactics can help you to resolve the QuickBooks error code 1712. However, to get any further technical assistance, reach out to our QuickBooks enterprise customer support team. Give us a call at 1-800-969-7370 and our experts will help you with the right solution and resolve this error within no time.