Here is how you can resolve the QuickBooks error 15104
QuickBooks is one of the most popular accounting software that is being used by businesses irrespective of their size. Equipped with powerful features that help in managing finances and other related activities, this application has benefited organizations a lot. This software may have gained popularity, but it is not immune to any kind of technical errors. Often the QB users complain about the QuickBooks error code 15104. This error generally occurs due damaged Windows registry entry or because of damaged QuickBooks update.
In this blog we will discuss how to resolve QuickBooks error 15104 issue and other important aspects of it. Thus, make sure to read this post till the end. Moreover, you can also get in touch with our support team via our toll-free number i.e. +1-844-521-0490. Our experts and certified QB professionals are available round the clock to provide the best possible support services to all users. Call us anytime, and we will be happy to fix the error for you.
You may also like: What is QuickBooks auto data recovery?
Brief into QuickBooks error 15104
Before finding out the causes and quick fixes to the QuickBooks error 15104, it is important to first understand what this error is all about. This is basically seen when there is a damaged windows registry entry or in case there is any damaged QUickBooks update. It should also be noted that the damaged windows registry is considered to be the root cause of these sorts of errors. There can be a plenty of factors responsible behind the occurrence of this error, which will be discussed later in this post. The user can get rid of these error by simply following some basic steps mentioned towards the end of this post.
What causes the QuickBooks error code 15104?
The user can end up in QuickBooks error 15104, due to a couple of factors, which involve the following:
- In case the user is using QuickBooks in single user mode, such error might trouble
- Also, due to damaged windows registry, the user will have to face the error 15104
- Also, it might appear at the time of installation of QuickBooks updates
- In case the user has done an incomplete installation of the software, then it might lead to such an error.
Important points to consider
Before you start with the troubleshooting, there are certain points that you can’t afford to miss. Below are few pointers related to the QuickBooks error code 15104:
In case, you are using the multi-user mode in QuickBooks, then you are suggested to change to the single-user mode right away. Also ensure that the mapped location is correct. Follow the points to do it
- By pressing the Ctrl +1 keys simultaneously, open the product information window
- After that choose Help > Update QuickBooks.
- Click on the Option tab and then ensure that the information in the download location is correct.
Read Also: How to resolve QuickBooks Error code 6000?
Methods to resolve the QuickBooks error code 15104
Experts generally say that Damaged Registry Entry is the main cause of this error. Below are the steps to resolve it.
Method 1: Accomplish System Restore
- The first thing to do is to open the System Restore Window on your computer.
- Now choose the Restore Point.
- Click on the option Scan for affected programs.
- After this click on Next and then on Finish to complete the restore procedure.
Note that the System Restore would not affect in any way the personal files in your computer.
Method 2: Use a 3rd Party Cleaner Program
- Download and install a Third-party cleaner software on your computer.
- Once installed, run the software on Windows. The application will scan your system and if it finds any issue in the registry entry it will fix it immediately.
- Ensure that your system is backuped and is rebooted.
If the problem still persists then you can try these additional solutions.
Method 3: Install and Uninstall QuickBooks in Selective Startup mode
Step 1: Prepare your Data
Before you proceeding to below given steps, ensure that you have everything to perform the following steps.
- Create a backup of your company file
- Keep ready a copy of your QuickBooks Desktop Product and License Information
Read Also: What is QuickBooks Web connector tool?
Step 2: Start your PC in Selective Start-up Mode
In order to prevent other applications from being affected while performing the task it is better to switch to Selective start-up mode.
- To open the Run command, press on Windows +R keys together on your keyboard
- In the dialog box type misconfig and then click on OK button
- Now go to the General tab and then choose Selective Startup and Load System Services
- After this go to the Service tab and then choose Hide all Microsoft Services
- Now choose Disable all option.
- Ensure that the Hide all Microsoft Services are unchecked
- From the list of services, ensure that the Windows Installer Checkbox is selected. If it’s not done, then click on the checkbox to select it.
- Click on OK button.
- Select Restart on the system configuration window.
Step 3: Perform a clean Install of QuickBooks Desktop
As your computer opens up, try to uninstall and then re-install QuickBooks Desktop. This process is knows as a clean install of QuickBooks desktop.
Step 4: Go to the Normal Start Up Mode
Once QuickBooks have been properly installed on your computer, you have to restore your system to its normal mode. Below are the ways to do:
- In order to open the Run command, press CTRL+R keys at the same time on your keyboard
- Now type misconfig and then click on OK button
- Choose Normal Set up in the General tab.
- Click on OK button
- Choose restart on the system configuration window.
All above solutions mentioned can easily fix the QuickBooks error 15104. But if they don’t work out then you can always take help from the QuickBooks experts who are available 24/7 to provide services. You can contact our 24*7 QuickBooks enterprise support team via our toll-free number i.e. +1(844)521-0490, and our experts and certified professionals will fix the error for you.
We are a hub of technocrats, who work round the clock to provide the best possible services related to all accounting errors. Thus, do not hesitate in calling us anytime, as we will be happy to help you!
Other helpful articles: