Here is how you can fix QuickBooks Error code 1334 like a pro
QuickBooks is known worldwide for being fast, multitasking and user-friendly accounting software. Even though it’s makers keep introducing new updates and upgrades, some issues keep bothering the users. Besides, these errors may show up at any time – while installing the app, opening company file, downloading updates, and even during repairing. One of the most common QuickBooks errors that users receive at different times is error code 1334. We have created this article to help you identify and resolve QuickBooks Error code 1334.
You may see one of the error message on your desktop screen:
Error 1334. Error writing to file [file name]. Verify that you have access to that directory.
Error 1334. The file cannot be installed. Insert the QuickBooks CD and retry.
This blog post also includes details about why this QuickBooks error code 1334 occurs in the first place. By understanding the reasons for this inconvenient error, you may also avoid it in the future. Thus, scroll through the post and unleash the causes and fixes to this error. Moreover, if you feel the need of any technical assistance, then give us a call right away at our support number i.e. +1-844-521-0490 and speak to our support team. Our experts and certified QB professionals will be there to assist you in getting rid of the error in no time.
You may also read: How to merge vendors in QuickBooks?
Identifying QuickBooks Error 1334
It’s easy to identify this error as the error code gets flashed on the computer screen whenever it occurs. However, the following are some symptoms of this error that you should know:
- Error 1334 shows up on your computer screen and the program window gets crashed.
- Your computer frequently crashes while running the same program.
- Windows, mouse or keyboard input respond slow or late.
- Your system occasionally “freezes” for a couple of seconds or more.
These messages may occur at any time while the program installation, while the software is running, when the Windows is starting or shutting down, or even during the Windows installation. It may be useful to keep a track of when and where the error occurs as it comes handy in troubleshooting the error.
Reasons that trigger QuickBooks Error 1334
One or more of the following reasons may cause QuickBooks Error 1334:
- QuickBooks installation is incomplete or got corrupted.
- Corruptions in the Windows registry from the latest changes made in QuickBooks and its related software.
- Virus, malware or other infection has corrupted Windows files or QB related program files.
- A third party program maliciously or by mistake formatted or deleted QB related files.
Fix QuickBooks Error Code 1334 – Simple Troubleshooting Steps
Below are the possible solutions to resolve the error code 1334 in QuickBooks:
Issue 1: If Error Code 1334 appeared while installing or opening QuickBooks
- Open QuickBooks company file (with extension .qbw)
- Double-click on the company fine (companyfilename.qbw)
Issue 2: If the error appeared when updating or opening QuickBooks
Uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks by using a clean install. To perform this step, it’s essential that you first uninstall the accounting software completely. This process will also uninstall the corrupt company file after which you will be able to perform a clean install ad when you will install it back you will everything back up and updated. This troubleshooting has the maximum success rate among all the other solutions to fix this or any other QuickBooks error. The user needs to download the clean install tool. The steps to be followed are as follows:
- For this, the user needs to download the QuickBooks_clean_install_tool.exe file
- And then, save it
- Followed by opening exe
- The next step is to accept the license agreement given after reading it
- Now, the user needs to select the version of QuickBooks you are using and then hit continue
- Moving ahead, the user needs to click OK after the message “QuickBooks is not ready for clean install, please install to the default directory“
After you are done with the process, then manually rename all the folders as given below:
- C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- C:\Users\(current user)\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks(year)
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks(year)
- 64-bit version C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
After this, the user can easily install QuickBooks desktop. And also check if the error is resolved or not.
Issue 3: If Error Code 1334 appeared when installing QuickBooks
If the error code appeared while installing the software, you will have to repair and reinstall Microsoft.NET Framework.
We hope that you find the blog post informative and helpful. In case QuickBooks error code 1334 persists, you can speak to our 24×7 QuickBooks enterprise support team. We have trained experts with cutting edge tools and technology to resolve all QB relates issues in the least possible time. Make a call at our toll-free support number anytime i.e. +1-844-521-0490, and we will be there to assist you.
Other helpful articles: