Checkout the latest methods to fix QuickBooks Error 80029c4a – loading type library/DLL can’t load a dynamic link library (DLL)
In this tech-driven era, where every industry is dedicatedly working towards shattering its boundaries and welcoming new and enhanced technology with open arms, accounting industry is not an exception. The accounting world is evolving at a very fast rate and openly accepting new challenges. The accounting tech explosion can be really exciting and one such tech advancement was QuickBooks, which has been dominating the accounting world for the last couple of years. Well, just like other accounting software, QuickBooks also encounters certain bugs. The reason behind these bugs can be the hi-tech codes and algorithms that have been used to craft this wonderful software. One of the commonly reported bug is QuickBooks error code 80029c4a that can be seen when the company file gets damaged.
If you are facing any such error, then read this article till the end, or ring up at +1(800)969-7370, and discuss your issue with our technical support and help team. We are a hub of passionate technocrats, who have years of expertise and experience in dealing with error associated with QB.
Read also: How to fix QuickBooks error code 1935?
What is QuickBooks Error 80029c4a?
Error Code 80029c4a is one of the most complicated error, that appears on the screen with an error message stating “loading type library/DLL can’t load a dynamic link library (DLL). The QB users report this error while launching the QuickBooks application. Not only this, but this error could also be seen when QuickBooks component does not start/work properly or the Dynamic Link Library (DLL) files are missing out or corrupted, as a consequence of the system abnormalities.
At times the antivirus securities might also be the cause behind the error code 80029c4a, for which we recommend the user to check antivirus and firewall security settings once.
When this error occurs, the users may see following error messages on their desktop screen:
“Problem: There was an unexpected error reported when trying to run QuickBooks with company file. Error Code: c. Description: Error loading type library / DLL”
“QuickBooks couldn’t load a system component. Restarting your computer might solve the problem. Error type: 80029c4a – Can’t load dynamic link library (DLL)”
With this article, we aim to provide you with the quick fixes to the QuickBooks error 80029c4a that would help you to reach the origin of such abrupt errors and also reduce the efforts to resolve it by your own.
Factors causing QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a
- Inappropriate installation of QuickBooks desktop.
- Any kind of corruption in Windows registry can also be the reason behind the occurrence of this kind of error.
- Also, some corrupted or damaged QuickBooks desktop system files might also end up in this kind of error.
- Another program mistakenly deleted QB related program files, then get ready to encounter this error.
- Maybe your antivirus has erroneously marked a QuickBooks files as being infected with the virus.
Signs and Symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a
The user might need to identify the issue in order to fix it, for which the below stated symptoms might work well. By this the user can conveniently recognize the error and get started with the fixation process.
- Error Code: 80029c4a. Description: “Error loading type library / DLL” will certainly display on the screen.
- When the user stumbles upon this error, it crashes the active program window
- Window runs very slowly or sluggishly
- The system “freezes” for a couple of minutes each time
- While installing, the error code pops-up on the screen
- The error appears and crashes the running program window
Related article: How to resolve QuickBooks error code 3371?
Troubleshooting Steps for QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a
Check out this infographic image for a quick resolution of the Error 80029c4a.
To resolve Error code 80029c4a in QuickBooks the user can simply carry out the below stated methods. These steps are quite technical, so we recommend please try them under the guidance of some professional.
Solution 1: Run Reboot.bat file
- First of all, close the QuickBooks Desktop.
- And then, open the folder that has the “reboot.bat file“.
- The next step is to right-click the “QuickBooks Desktop” icon and choose “Properties” option.
- Now, hit “Open file location” option.
- After that, the user needs to hit a right-click on the “reboot.bat file” and select “Run as System Administrator“.
- The user needs to run “reboot.bat” as the Windows Administrator.
Note: It will be depending upon Windows Folder Options settings, the file may show as reboot.bat or reboot.
- The user should remember not to close the appeared window because this will turn off the reboot.bat file utility once it gets completed.
- The final step is to restart the system once.
By performing this steps most of the user has successfully resolve the QuickBooks error 80029c4a. If in case the error still persists, continue with the next solution.
Solution 2: Perform a clean install of QuickBooks Desktop
- At first, the user is required to reinstall the QuickBooks using clean install.
- After that update the QuickBooks to the latest release version.
- Firstly go to the “File” menu.
- Hit a click on the “Close Firm or Logoff” icon.
Note: If the user opens multiple company files in QB Desktop computer, then there arises the need to carry out this action for each firm that is open.
- Click on the “File” menu and after that hit onto the “Exit” icon.
- Later, click on Run as administrator.
- Ensure that there is “No company Open” on display.
- In the “Help” menu, choose the “Update QuickBooks” option
- Hit a click on the “Options” icon.
- Select the “Mark all” icon & then hit onto the “Save” icon.
- Hit onto the “Update Now” icon.
- Now click onto the “Reset Update” icon & then select the “Get Updates” icon.
- Once the update get finished pop up appears just close the QuickBooks Desktop.
- If you get an message to install update just click on the “Yes” button.
- Finally reboot your computer system once the update is finished.
Point to Remember: You must have the QuickBooks downloaded file and your QB Installation CD with it’s license number before performing the uninstallation process of your software.
Solution 3: Execute a windows repair on QuickBooks
Here are systematic steps with you can repair the windows on QuickBooks:-
- You need to close your QuickBooks firstly.
- After that click on the “Windows” button.
- Hit onto the “Control Panel” tab & later, click on it.
- Uninstall or change the application.
- Choose the QuickBooks from the program list.
- Click on the “Uninstall/Change” tab.
- In the QuickBooks installation window, click on the “Next” icon.
- At the bottom, hit onto the “Repair” button.
- Then, hit onto the “Finish” icon, follow the procedure to fix it completely.
- The QuickBooks program should now be mended and reboot your computer
- To confirm it opens normally, open the QuickBooks application.
You’ll also like: Learn the ways to resolve QuickBooks Error H101, H202, H303 and H505
Solution 4: Uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks file/Program manually
In Windows 7 and Windows Vista:
- First of all, tap on ‘Start button‘ and then visit ‘Programs and features‘.
- Then, Open ‘control panel‘ option.
- Moving ahead, the user is required to tap on programs and then ‘Programs and features’.
- Now, search for ‘error code 80029c4a‘ associated program.
- The next step in the process is to hit QuickBooks Pro related entry.
- Moving forward, click on the ‘Uninstall‘ option.
- And to complete the process the user is required to follow the onscreen prompts.
In windows 8 & 10
- To begin with the process, the user has to right click the ‘Windows‘ button.
- And then, select the ‘programs and features‘ option in Windows 8, whereas in Windows 10 ‘Apps and features‘ option is to be selected.
- The next step is to search for ‘QuickBooks pro error code 80029c4a‘ associated program.
- Followed by clicking on to the QuickBooks Pro related entry.
- The next step in the process is to click on the ‘Uninstall/change‘ option.
- And finally carry out the on-screen instructions.
In windows XP
- The Windows XP users are supposed to click ‘start button‘ and then open the ‘Programs and features‘ option.
- The next step is to open the ‘Control panel‘ and then select ‘Add or Remove Programs‘.
- Once done with that, the user is required to look for ‘QuickBooks Pro error code 80029c4a‘ associated program.
- The next step in the list is to tap on the ‘QuickBooks Pro‘ related entry.
- And then hit the ‘Uninstall/change‘ option.
- To end the process, carry out the prompts that come up on your screen.
Solution 5: Update your Avast Antivirus Definition & Program Update
Important: It will be good for you to consult with your IT specialist before to making any changes to your anti-virus programs.
- Right-Click on your “Avast” icon.
- Select “Update” option.
- Click on the “Program” and Adhere to the prompts to “update the Avast program“.
- Also update your PC protection.
Solution 6: Scanning the system for possible malware or virus attack
- This process is a simple two step process, in which the user is required to use the ‘Windows virus‘ and threat protection for the possible virus, malware attacks.
- Or can opt for an externally installed anti-virus software for spotting and resolving the possible Trojan attacks.
Solution 7: Running Windows System File Checker
- To begin with, the user is required to ‘Start‘ and type command in the search bar.
- After that, hold ‘Ctrl + Shift‘ keys and then hit ‘Enter‘.
- In the next step, the user is required to click ‘Yes‘ on the permission box that appears on the screen.
- The user will see a black box on the screen.
- And then, enter ‘SFC/sccannow‘, followed by hitting ‘Enter‘.
- The user is supposed to wait till the time ‘System File checker‘ finishes the scanning for error code 80029c4a.
- To complete the process, the user is required to carry out the on screen prompts.
If you see any of the programs listed below in your quarantine, give them permission to go through your firewall.
- Most of these files are located in C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks (year).
- Files with (x86) in the location, such as C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks 20XX, are 64-bit versions.
QuickBooks error code 80029c4a can be quite frustrating for the users to handle. However, following the above steps can ease the process. With this, we come to the end of this article, where we hope that with the help of these troubleshooting steps the user will be able to get rid of this error.
However, if you are looking for expert assistance for QB errors, then do not hesitate in getting in touch with us at our QuickBooks enterprise support number i.e. +1(800)969-7370. Do not hesitate in speaking to our technical support team, we will be happy to help you!
Suggested articles for you