QuickBooks accounting software rolls in with some great features, but the only drawback that it has is being prone to errors. If you are a QuickBooks user, you might be aware of what these errors are. In today’s article, we will be discussing about the QuickBooks error 7149. Talking about this particular error, it is basically a runtime issue that is seen in case of any data damage in program files or with the registry files. When the user tries to open QuickBooks, the system might crash down, as a consequence of this error. This error code comes up with an error message stating
“QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.”
When the user tries to close and reopen QuickBooks, due to this error the system repeatedly crashes in the same manner. There can be various causes to this error, which we will be stating later in this article.
Thus, reading the article thoroughly is recommended, if you want to resolve the issue permanently. However, we have a quick solution for you i.e. getting in touch with our professionals via our toll-free customer support number i.e. +1-844-521-0490. We are a group of experts and certified Intuit professionals, who work round the clock to provide the best possible services to all users.
You may also read: What is QuickBooks Error Code C=51?
Triggers to QuickBooks error 7149
The QuickBooks error code 7149 can be caused by a couple of factors, as we mentioned above. Let us check out some of the most common triggers to the same:
- The very major cause is that the downloaded files are corrupted
- QuickBooks installation is not fully complete
- Windows registry being corrupted due to changes such as QB installation or un-installation
- Windows files being corrupted by a virus, Trojan, or malware
- Or in case some important QB files got deleted mistakenly
Signs and Symptoms of QuickBooks error 7149
Identifying the error becomes easy with the below stated signs and symptoms. Let us check them out:
- Error code itself flashes on the screen
- Also, the active application or program window gets crashed
- Moreover, the windows-based system crashes again with the error
- QuickBooks freezes again and again
- Windows run sluggishly or the keyboard and mouse inputs are not visible on the screen
- Or if the system freezes
Fixation procedures for QuickBooks error 7149
The user can get rid of the QuickBooks error code 7149, by carrying out the procedures and steps below.
Method 1: Repairing or reinstalling QuickBooks
In order to get rid of the error 7149, the user can simply repair and reinstall QuickBooks. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- The very first step is to open control panel and then click on add or remove programs. The user might also look for the same in the start menu
- Also, navigate to QuickBooks and then right click the same
- The next step is to click on repair and then follow on screen instructions
- The last step is to restart computer and also try opening QuickBooks.
In case this process didn’t work for you, then it means that you might need to uninstall QuickBooks completely and then reinstall it. The user also is required to click on uninstall and uninstall the program to carry out fresh installation from the installation media.
Method 2: Correcting the registry keys for QuickBooks
Well, it is not recommended to the user to carry out the correcting registry keys for QuickBooks alone. As, expert assistance or professional guidance is recommended. The user is also recommended to download registry cleaner software.
Method 3: Getting rid of malware
As we stated above, the QuickBooks error code 7149 might occur due to malware issues. Thus, scanning the system using the antivirus program or windows security essentials. In case there is any threat or malware displayed, then remove it completely or try to restart the system. The user might now try to run QuickBooks again.
Method 4: Temporarily disable the antivirus services
The user is required to try disabling the antivirus by looking for its icon in the taskbar. This can be done by right clicking on it and selecting the disable option. Steps to be followed for this are:
- First of all, look for the icon of the antivirus software in the taskbar
- And then, right click the icon
- Also, from the options that come up on the screen, look for the disable option and hit OK
- After that, try opening QuickBooks
- And also, open the system in the safe mode and then open the system and update it
See Also: How to Rebuild QuickBooks Data File?
To wind up!
We have tried to sum up the solutions to get rid of the QuickBooks error 7149 in the above article. If in case you continue to face the same error, even after following the above steps, then we recommend you to consult a team of experts immediately. You can also contact our professionals via our toll-free support number i.e. +1-844-521-0490.
We are a hub of technically sound QuickBooks enterprise customer support team, who work the entire day to provide the best possible support services.
More articles to read: