Here is how you can resolve the QuickBooks error code 6210
QuickBooks is one of the most powerful accounting software available today. From the time Intuit introduced it, this application has proved to be very beneficial for businesses of any size. It simplifies accounting, streamlines finances, generates invoices etc, thereby ensuring that the companies are running smoothly. A great thing about this software is that it is user-friendly and every year, Intuit launches a new version of it with better and improved features.
The software QuickBooks may have gained immense popularity all over the world for having some very efficient features, but users do face technical glitches at times. Most of these errors can be easily handled, but for few of them you would require expert guidance. A common issue that you might face is the QuickBooks error code 6210 and mainly happens in the multi-user mode. When you are working in the multi-user mode suddenly this error message might pop up on your screen and thus affecting your tasks. In fact, it can completely crash your system.
When this error occurs you may see the following error message on your desktop screen:
“We’re Sorry. Quickbooks encountered a problem when opening the company file. Review this help article on Quickbooks support site to resolve the issue. Error codes: (-6210, 0)“
“A computer that is not the server is hosting the company file”
Symptoms of QuickBooks error code 6210
- When error code 6210 pops up it crashes the active program window
- When running the same program your computer might often crash
- Windows run sluggishly and take time to respond to any prompt by the mouse or keyboard
- At regular intervals your computer freezes for few seconds
You might also see: What is the solution of QuickBooks error 6010?
Causes of QuickBooks error code 6210
Before you try resolving the issue, it is very important to know why the error might be occurring. Below are few of the causes of the error 6210.
- The QuickBooks software is not installed properly
- If you have downloaded the software from any third-party site then there are high chances that it might be corrupted, thereby leading to the error.
- Windows Registry might be corrupted
- Some of the company files may be corrupted
- The error can occur if the computer is infected by any malware or virus
- Unintentional deletion of any of the application or files of QuickBooks
Important points proceeding troubleshooting
Before proceeding to complex troubleshooting steps, the user is recommended to first perform the basic troubleshooting steps and check if the error could be waved off successfully.
- For this, the user is required to check if the hosting is turned on. This can be done by pressing the F2 tab and then spotting the local server information. The user is also required to ensure that the hosting is turned off
- Another thing that the user needs to do is to rename the .ND and .TLG files, also run the database server manager from the QuickBooks tools hub
Solution to the QuickBooks error code 6210
The users might find the QuickBooks error 6210 quite difficult to handle, considering that we recommend the user to follow the steps we have enlisted in the prescribed sequence.
Solution 1: Use QuickBooks File Doctor
One of the most effective ways to fix the QuickBooks error 6210 is by using QuickBooks File Doctor, especially when the cause is data damage in the company file. This tool is designed to repair any kind of damaged company file and also the network issues.
Solution 2: Rename the .ND & TLG File (Single-User-Mode)
- First go to the folder that has the QuickBooks Installation Directory and then open it
- Now look for the corresponding Network Data(.ND) & Transaction Log (.TLG) files
- After this you have to right click on the .ND file and the choose the Rename option
- Add .OLD at the end of the extension (.ND.OLD)
- Do the same step for the .TLF file and rename in the same way
- Now on your desktop make a new folder and then move the QuickBooks files to the newly made folder
- Once done you have to start QuickBooks and then open the company file that is stored in the newly created folder in your computer’s desktop.
Solution 3: Run the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
If you face the QuickBooks 6210 error then you have to restart the QuickBooks Database Server Manager and then resolve the problem.
The user can run the QuickBooks database server manager from the QuickBooks tools hub.
- The initial step in this process is to opt for the network issues in the tools hub
- And then, choose QuickBooks database server manager. The user will be asked to install QuickBooks on the server if it isn’t pre-installed
- Another step is to select the Start scan option inside the QB database server manager, if case the company file is spotted. In case the user is unable to detect the company file, then he/she could browse the location of the company file and then click on start scan option
- To end the process, the user is required to open QB software and then make an attempt to sign in the company file again
In case, it makes network data files on the server to enable company files access them from different workstations then follow the below steps:
- Firstly rename the .ND and .TLG files by following the same steps mentioned in Solution 2
- Now you have to press on Windows +R keys and then insert service.msc in the Run-box
- Now click on Enter and then look for the QuickBooks Database Server Manager service which should be in accordance to the version of QuickBooks you are using
- After this right click on the restart service
- Once the service starts running properly check if the QuickBooks error code 6210 is fixed or not.
Solution 4: Disable Anti-virus and Anti-Malware Software
At times it has been noticed that the 3rd party security application causes some unexpected errors in QuickBooks Desktop and thus prevents it from operating properly. In fact, they may pose threat to the company files and you might not be able to access your financial data when the error occurs. Check the Virus Vault to understand which files are quarantined and then remove them. If still the error persists then try out the next solution.
Solution 5: Run QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
The damaged QuickBooks Desktop can lead to QuickBooks company error 6210 and it is the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool that fixes the issue.
- Before starting with the resolving process ensure that you have taken backup of your financial data to avoid any kind of data damage
- Now download QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
- From the downloads double click on the downloaded file
- Once you have agreed with the license agreement select the QuickBooks version and then click on OK
- Now use this tool to reinstall QuickBooks and then resolve the issue.
Solution 6: Close all QuickBooks processes
Another method that one can opt for is to close all QuickBooks processes. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- The very first step is to log in as the Administrator on the server system
- And then press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys together to open the task manager
- Now, show processes for all the users by clicking on the users tab
- Moving ahead, the user needs to highlight each of the QuickBooks processes (QBW32.EXE, qbupdate.exe, and QBDBMgr.exe), and then choose End Task
- The last step is open the company file in the multi-user mode
In case the error persists, make sure to proceed to the next solution
Solution 7: Open the company file locally
- The very first step is to open the folder having the company file
- And then spot the file with the extension of .QBW file
- The next step is to right click the file and choose the copy option
- Now, navigate to the desktop and then right click the desktop and choose paste
- After that press control key and open QuickBooks, which will direct to the No Company Open window.
- To end the process, the user needs to opt for the open or restore an existing company and then navigate to the desktop. Along with that spot for the company file copied and then open.
Performing any of the above methods can be of great to get rid of the QuickBooks error 6210, 0. However, if you get stuck while resolving this error then you can always call in the QuickBooks enterprise customer support helpline, trained experts are 24/7 available to guide you with all your queries.
Give us a call at our toll-free number i.e. 1-800-969-7370, and our experts will be happy to resolve the error on your behalf.
Other recommended articles for you