QuickBooks is the foremost accounting solution among the wide range of business. It enables you to fill the information in the recurring bills such as due dates & payment details. Moreover, it comes with a highly user-friendly interface that a new user can also easy handle it perfectly. But in certain conditions this application can also become vulnerable to errors and technical glitches.
What is QuickBooks Error -6189, 816
-6000 error series is one of a most critical error series associated with the company file that could appear within the QuickBooks. When the user tries to open/access/create the company file, it leads to the error code -6189, 816. It might be possible that some other code may pop up on the system due to the same reason.
If you see the message “An error occurs when QuickBooks tried to access the company file (-6189, -816)” don’t worry. There’s an issue with your multi-user network, not your accounting data.
Some of those error codes are:-
|QuickBooks Error -6150, -1006||Error -6138, -1005||Error -6135, -1005|
|QuickBooks Error 6069||QB Error -6000, -301||Error -6199, 816, -85|
Read Also: How to Fix script error in QuickBooks?
Reasons behind the QuickBooks Error -6189, 816
- Missing or lost transaction log file (.tlg)
- Damaged, distorted, or corrupt QB company file
- Insufficient or inadequate permission for the Windows user account and QBDataServicesUserXX
- Using old and outdated QuickBooks version to open/access a company file. In order to resolve this error code in such circumstances, you suppose to upgrade the QuickBooks to the latest released version.
How to fix QuickBooks Error Code -6189, 816?
This error code usually appears in front of the users that don’t update their QuickBooks version timely. Hence, if you are need instant solution and want to get rid from QuickBooks error code -6189, 816 then you should update the QuickBooks to the latest released version. Later, you can easily use and open the desired company file.
Checkout the Infographic and find out easy ways to fix the error:
In case, if the error still persists even after updating QuickBooks..! In such situation, we recommend you to pursue with the 3 manual solutions given below.
You may also read: Fix QuickBooks com error crash while mailing invoices
Solution 1: Run the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
Intuit Inc. recently launched the QuickBooks File Doctor tool to manually fix the company file issues. By using this feature, you can effortlessly remove all the problems associated with the company file. To install this feature, go to the Intuit official website and complete the installation process. Once it’s done with the installation, it will automatically detect and diagnose the issues within the company files.
Solution 2: Download and run the QB Refresher tool
You need to Download and run the QBRefresher tool on your computer system on which the problem is running on. The QBRefresher tool will close all the background running programs that might be the reason for the error.
Download the QBRefresher tool from here.
- First of all choose the button over to download and install the QBRefresher installation file.
- Now save the file someplace you can easily discover it,
- Finish your work if you’re presently working in your QuickBooks.
- Now close all versions of QuickBooks Desktop that are running on your computer system.
- Now run the QBRefresher.exe file by double clicking on it.
- Follow the on-screen guidelines.
- You should run the QBRefresher tool for about 30 seconds.
- Open your QuickBooks once more time once the QBRefresher is finished.
Solution 3: Execute Quick Fix my Program from the QuickBooks Tools Hub
- Firstly close your QuickBooks.
- After that download QuickBooks Tool Hub from Intuit website.
- You need to save this file on your system.
- Once the download finish open the downloaded file named as QuickBooksToolHub.exe
- Now Install and agree to the terms and conditions by following the on-screen commands.
- Open and run the tool hub by clicking on the QuickBooks tool hub icon.
Solution 4: Manually Fix the QB Error -6189, 816, XX (series error codes)
- Search out the transaction log (.tlg) file & Rename it.
- Verify the user permission endowed to QBDataServiceUserXX for the QuickBooks application.
- Confirm that the QuickBooks files are not encrypted.
- Create a replica of the QB file and paste it on the desktop.
- In case, the file still can’t open then move to the folder where it was allocated earlier.
Instant Technical Support for the QuickBooks Company File Problems
Use the above shown steps to fix the QuickBooks Error code -6189, 816..! If the problem pertains and you need immediate help for it – you can speak with the QuickBooks enterprise support at their toll-free helpline number i.e. 1(800)969-7370.