Learn how to resolve the installer encountered an error, EXEAdapter error, or error 61686 when installing QuickBooks:
QuickBooks error 61686 is a commonly seen error code faced by the installer at the time of installing it. This error is seen due to damaged framework.xml file, which occurs during installation. This error an also be defined as EXEAdapter error or QuickBooks installer error. The basic cause of such an error can be damaged framework.xml file or also a missing component from the operating system. As a consequence of this error, the user will not be able to install QuickBooks on the system. In this situation the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool can help in fixing the issue.
Moreover, there can be other possible solutions and causes to this QuickBooks error code 61686 issue which will be discussed later in this article. However, for any sort of technical assistance, the user is recommended to consult a professional right away.
You might see this: What is QuickBooks scan manager?
Signs and Symptoms of QuickBooks error 61686
- Error code 61686 is seen and burns the dynamic program window.
- This error might also appear at the time of installation.
- The PC occasionally solidifies for a couple of moments at once.
- The windows run slowly and doesn’t react to mouse and keyboard inputs.
Causes of the QuickBooks error code 61686
The user can end up in such an error which includes:
- This error could possibly appear due to runtime errors.
- Distinct program which has removed files associated with windows installer.
- Also, any sort of malware effect.
- Slow download speed or break down the windows installer installation.
A damaged framework.xml file can lead to the following errors, while installing QuickBooks desktop:
- The installer encountered an error at the time of running:
“C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\Premier\QBooks” /quiet /norestart INSTALLDIR=”C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 2011″ QB LICENSENUM=####-####-####-###
- Component: QuickBooks
Location: “C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\Premier\QBooks\windowsinstaller-kb93803.exe ” EXEAdapter Error: InstallExe method received the system error from CreateProCess , command – “C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\Premier\QBooks\windowsinstaller-kb93803.exe” /quiet /norestart INSTALLDIR=”C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 2011″ QB LICENSENUM=####-####-####-###
It should be noted that the user’s path, INSTALLDIR path and LICENSENUM might vary.
Fixes for QuickBooks error code 61686
The user can fix the QuickBooks installer error 61686 by carrying out the below mentioned solutions. Let us check out each of the methods one by one:
Solution 1: Modifying the framewok.xml file
When installing QuickBooks from a download, the user can carry out the steps below:
- The very first step is to press Windows + R keys and then open the command prompt.
- After that, the user needs to type in %temp% and then choose ok tab.
- The user is then required to open the folder that has the name as the edition of QuickBooks being installed.
It should be noted that if the edition folder is not in the temp folder, then it is recommended to re-run the QuickBooks installer. After you are on the welcome to QuickBooks screen and then hit cancel.
- Once done with that, open the QBooks folder.
- And also, right click the framework.xml file and choose rename. Also, rename the file to framework.xml.OLD
- The user is then required to download and save the new framework.xml to the QBooks folder.
- The last step is to go back to the installation folder and then run the setup.exe file.
It should be noted that if running the setup.exe file doesn’t begin the installation, and then run the QuickBooks.msi file
When installing QuickBooks from a CD
- The user needs to copy the installer to the desktop.
- Also insert the installation CD. In case InstallShield Wizard starts, the user needs to close it.
- After that browse to the CD directory.
- And also, select the folder that has the same file name as the QuickBooks edition you are installing.
- Now, on the keyboard, the user needs to press Ctrl + C keys to copy the folder.
- And also, right click an empty space and select paste.
- The next step is to open the QBooks folder on the desktop.
- And also, right click the framework.xml file and choose rename. The user needs to rename the file to framework.xml.OLD
- Followed by downloading and saving the new file to QBooks folder.
- Now, run setup.exe file.
And note that, if running the setup.exe file doesn’t begin the installation, then make sure to run QuickBooks.msi file
Solution 2: Fixing the QuickBooks install errors
The simple solution to fix the issue can be as follows:
Step 1: Downloading the QuickBooks tool hub
- The user needs to first close QuickBooks.
- And get the latest version of QuickBooks tool hub.
- And then open the downloaded file.
- Followed by carrying out the onscreen prompts to install and agree to the terms and conditions.
- After you have completed with the installation, make sure to double click the icon on the desktop to open tool hub.
Step 2: Using QuickBooks install diagnostic tool
- The user is supposed to open the QuickBooks tool hub.
- And then choose the installation issues.
- Once done with that, select the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool and let it run. This might take around 20 minutes.
- And after the tool completes its work, reboot the system.
Step 3: Updating windows
- Once the above process completes, make sure to update the windows.
- After the update finishes, make sure to restart the system.
- And if you are able to open QuickBooks before encountering the error, then open QuickBooks and the company file.
- In case you weren’t able to finish installing QuickBooks, then install QuickBooks desktop again.
See it also: How to Restore Backup Files in QuickBooks Desktop?
To wrap up!
Towards the end of this article, we expect that the above information is enough to get rid of the QuickBooks error 61686. However, if you felt the error to be too technical to handle, or in case you are stuck at any point of time, then feel free to give us a call right away at 1-844-521-0490. Our 24/7 QuickBooks enterprise tech support experts and certified accounting professionals will help you round the clock!