You might also like: How to troubleshoot event log error 4?
Interested in finding out what it takes to eliminate QuickBooks error code 3371 and 11118? Well, if yes, then this article is all that you need to go through. The user might come across this particular error when he/she activates or open up QuickBooks desktop, or certain things indicate the error. The user can experience the issue when the software re-configures the desktop or setup QuickBooks company file for the very first time. Another common reason behind the occurrence of such an error can be if the entitlementdata store.ecml file is corrupted. This error appears on the screen with a warning message that states “QuickBooks Error Code 3371 – Could not initialize license properties”. There can be a few other warning messages that can be seen when the license is not valid:
Could not initialize license properties. Error 3371: QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
Could not initialize license properties. [Error 3371, Status Code -11118] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
Could not initialize license properties. [Error: 3371, Status Code -1] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
Read ahead to find out what steps can be performed to get rid of such an error. However, in case you are seeking for expert assistance, then give us a call at +1-844-521-0490, and our team will provide you with immediate support services.
The error code might come up with an error message stating:
Another Dialog box can also be seen when the user clicks on the “OK” button, It’ll show QuickBooks Fatal Error with the message.
Clicking on “OK” button once again will simply just close the window.
Factors leading to QuickBooks Error Code 3371
Intuit makes it mandatory for the users to keep license information stored on the hard drive, and by any chance the user loses the info, file, or license data get corrupted, missing or damaged, this error is surely going to trouble the user.
While the user attempts to clone the information on the C:/ drive into another hard drive that is new, this type of error can appear. In such a situation, the user will require to delete entitlement file. Also, re-enter the license information to get rid of the issue without any further mess.
Following are some factors that may lead the QuickBooks error code 3371 in your system:
- Missing File Qbregistration.dat: The installation file basically contains the license info that is stored on your hard drive, and if this files gets damaged somehow, then it is probable to get this type of error. Intuit tries to spot this particular file, whenever it is active.
- Damaged or lost MSXML component: Talking about MSXML, it is one of the vital components offered by Microsoft, and is required by QB desktop for running on the system. If by any means this essential file gets damaged, then it becomes extremely difficult for the users to accessing the QB accounting software.
- Interruption of Anti-Virus program might also end up in this type of issue.
- When the user makes an attempt to start up the file without saving it before, the probability to encounter this error increases.
- Crash com error can also be one of the causes behind the occurrence of this error code.
- QuickBooks error code 80029c4a can also be one of the causes behind this error.
- Incomplete windows update can lead to this error.
Read also: How to Fix QuickBooks error code 20?
Points to remember
- The user is required to ensure that he/she has updated the Windows to the latest version. In case the latest windows updates are not installed, then the QuickBooks desktop installation can fail or become damaged. The user can install windows updates by:
- Clicking on windows logo
- And then selecting all programs, also clicking on windows update
- After that install QuickBooks
- Another point to be remembered is to check whether you windows operating system is corrupted or not.
Solution Methods of QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118
The Infographic attached below will provide you with a quick glance of the process of fixing the QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118. However, we have also stated below the elaborated manual steps to be followed, in order to tackle the error code with much ease.
After exploring the above Infographic the user can checkout the potential manual solution steps to easily resolve the QuickBooks Error 3371:
Method 1: Delete the Ecml File
- To begin with, the user will be needed to press the “window+R” keys on your keyboard.
- After that, a window will appear on the screen. And then Enter (or copy and paste) here C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8
- Now, the user will be able to spot Window explorer as the next location.
- Moving ahead, the user will be needed to remove the ecml file. After that right click and select Delete option.
- Once done with that, close the window option.
- After completing the above step, Run QuickBooks, and then Register the product again. And it is expected that this error would end with this method, or else move to the next process.
Method 2: Update your Windows OS
If your window is obsolete, or upgrades aren’t installed, the error might persist even after carrying out the steps above. In such a case, the user will be required to follow the steps below:
- In this method, the user will have to click on the “Windows” or “Start” button.
- And then, click again to Check for updates.
- After the successful update, reinstall QuickBooks desktop again.
In case the problem still exists, the steps below might help.
- Fix common installation errors using the QuickBooks component repair tool
- Perform a clean install of QuickBooks desktop
Read this also: How to fix QuickBooks restore failed issue?
Method 3: Perform a Clean Install
- In case none of the methods worked in your favor, then try out the third method, and Install the latest Windows update.
- After that click on the “All Program” tab => “Windows Update” options respectively.
- The next step is to finish the Upgrades of all the windows updates and get ready to set-up QuickBooks software.
- For resolving those errors, follow the aforementioned steps which are described as:
- Recreate damaged entitlementDataStore.ecml file and solve the license & resolving registration problems.
- Click reinstall by performing a clean installation of QuickBooks desktop.
Method 4: Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- First of all, you need to download QuickBooks Tool Hub and open it.
- After that choose the Installation Issues, In the tools hub
- Here you need to choose the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool and run it.
- Let the tool run and detect the problem. [Note: This process will take take up to 20 minutes.]
- Once the tool finishes the task just restart your PC.
Method 5: Run Quick Fix my Program from the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Close your QuickBooks desktop.
- Download the QuickBooks Tool Hub on your PC.
- After that go to the Program Problems tab and choose Quick Fix my Program option.
- Hit a click on OK button.
- Finally open your QuickBooks and open your data file.
This tool will automatically resolve license, validation, and registration errors in QuickBooks desktop to recreate the damage file.
Read Also: Resolve QuickBooks error H505 Instantly
Method 6: Change the name of your Entitlement File
For Windows XP users
- The Windows XP user are supposed to click on the Start tab and then select Run.
- After that, enter the path, in order to spot the Entitlement DataStore.ecml file: “C: Documents and Settings AllUsersApplication DataIntuitEntitlemeny Clientv2″.
- The next step is to click on OK tab.
- And to end the process, the user can rename the Entitlement DataStore.ecml file.
For Windows 7 users
- Now the Windows 7 users will have to move to the C:ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Clientv*
- After that, the user will have to rename the Entitlement file.
- When the user will open QuickBooks, it will automatically create a new file for the user.
- In case the user is unable to see the program data folder, then the below steps can be followed to unhide the same.
- The user will have to follow the path Computer > Select Organize > Choose Folder > Search options.
- And then click on the hidden files and folders
- To end the process, the user will have to open the QuickBooks to check if the QuickBooks error 3371 is fixed or not.
Method 7: Run the 3371 error fix from the QuickBooks tool hub
Step 1: Download the QuickBooks tool hub
- The very first step is to close QuickBooks
- And then download the latest version of QuickBooks tool hub (14.0.0). The user needs to save the file where it can be accessed easily.
- After that, open the file downloaded (QuickBooksToolsHub.exe)
- Followed by, carrying out the on screen steps to install and agree to the terms and conditions
- The next step is to, double click the icon on the windows desktop to open the tool hub
Step 2: From Tool Hub, run the 3371 error fix
- In this, the user needs to select the installation issues from the QuickBooks tool hub
- And then select 3371 error fix
- After that choose OK button
- And lastly, start QuickBooks desktop and open the data file
Still need help?
By the end of the article, we expect that the reader might be able to successfully deal with the issue, but if for some reason the error continues, then contacting our technical professionals at +1-844-521-0490 is recommended. We are a team of technically sound experts who can help you with removing the issue successfully.
Other articles you may like: