No doubt, QuickBooks is one such software which comes with several advanced features making work of the organizations simpler and quicker. But some obstacles come in the way of this software as well. QuickBooks Error 15271 is the error that occurs when one downloads the payroll updates or tries to update the tables of payroll.
This error generally occurs while updating QuickBooks Desktop or downloading a payroll update, The error appears with the two messages:
Error 15271: The payroll update did not complete successfully. A file cannot be validated.
Error 15271: The update did not complete successfully. A file cannot be validated.
These both error messages indicates that there is a file that cannot be validated.
Similar Article: What is QuickBooks error code 15107?
What Causes QuickBooks Error Code 15271?
- When the QuickBooks Pro is not installed completely or the download software file is corrupted
- Windows registry is corrupted after a change in QB pro related software.
- There is corruption in Windows file system due to some virus or malware infection
- Maybe some QuickBooks pro related files have been deleted by some other program.
- Windows files that requires to run QuickBooks may damaged or corrupted.
- Incorrect SSL of Internet Explorer.
Important Points before troubleshooting the error
We recommend you to Create a backup of your company file:
- Af first, you need to open QuickBooks Desktop
- After that Go to File menu.
- Click on Backup Company and hit a click on Create Local Backup
- Follow the on-screen instructions to create a backup of your company file.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 15271: Maintenance Releases and Update Error?
Follow the below given steps in order to resolve QuickBooks error 15271 like a Pro:
Solution 1: Turn Off User Account Control
For Windows 7, 8 and 10
- Go to Control Panel.
- For Windows 7, choose Start and go to Control Panel.
- For Windows 8 and 10, type Control Panel in the Start menu and click on it.
- Type UAC in the search box and then, click on ‘Change user account settings’
- Move the slider to ensure that you are notified to turn off UAC
- Click OK button. Enter the password if it is required. Restart the computer.
- Move the slider to be notified turn on UAC and click OK.
Solution 2: Update QuickBooks Service
- Click on Help menu.
- Update QuickBooks > choose Update QuickBooks > Update Now > Reset Update > Get Updates
- Reopen the ‘Update Complete’ message which appears on the screen.
- Click Install Now if you have received the message to install the update
- Restart the Computer.
Solution 3: Do the Clean Install of QuickBooks
- Press ‘Windows + R’ keys and type ‘misconfig’ and then, click OK.
- Click on Selective Startup and select Load System Services
- In Services > hide Microsoft services > Disable all tab > uncheck hide all Microsoft services
- Ensure that Windows Installer is marked as checked
- Click Restart in System Configuration
- Install or Reinstall function of QuickBooks once the system is booted.
Read Also: Ways to resolve QuickBooks Error code 15241
Alternative Solutions you may try:
- Fix all the registry entries which are associated with the error
- Run a malware scan on the computer
- Clean all the system junks
- Update the PC drivers
- Update Windows to the latest version
- Download and Update your payroll tax tables.
- If you still receive the error, install/uninstall QuickBooks Desktop in Selective Startup.
After following all the above steps, you will be able to resolve the error. But if you face any problem or the error persists, then call us on our QuickBooks enterprise support number i.e. +1-800-969-7370 which is a toll-free number and our experts are available round the clock to resolve your error.