A complete guide to troubleshoot the QuickBooks error code 12057:
QuickBooks Payroll is one of the most used accounting software in the world. Intuit has designed this application especially for small and medium sized businesses helping them with their payroll tasks. In fact, it has streamlined payroll tasks like processing paychecks, Direct Deposit Payment option, E filing W-2s and more. However, this application is not immune to any kind of technical glitches. A common issue faced by users is the QuickBooks error code 12057.
The QuickBooks error code 12057 signifies that the user is facing issues while updating QuickBooks Desktop or Payroll. This problem may occur due to ‘misconfigured file systems that lead to registry error codes within the system. Before trying to resolve the error, it is very important to understand why it is happening as it will make troubleshooting process easier.
Read Also: 4 Easy Ways to Repair QuickBooks Error 2107
Causes of the QuickBooks error code 12057
- QuickBooks is blocked from communicating with the server by Firewall or Internet settings
- QuickBooks is unable to connect with the Network Server
- Poor internet connection might affect the downloading of the updates
- Incorrect SSL setting can lead to this error
- The server response takes more time than it usually does
- Timed out internet connection can also be a reason behind error 12057
Ways to fix QuickBooks error code 12057
Perform the following steps in order to resolve the QuickBooks error code 12057:
Solution 1: Check the Internet Connection
- The first thing to do is to open QuickBooks
- Then go to the Help Bar and choose the Internet Connection setup
- After that mark the box “Use my computer’s Internet connection settings to establish a connection when this application accesses the Internet”.
- Now click on Next and then on Done to finish the task
Solution 2: Check the advanced connection settings
- Firstly, check the internet connection and its settings
- After that click on Advanced Connection Settings
- Ensure that the check-boxes of Use the SSL 3.0 and Use SSL 2.0 are checked
- Once done click on Applying and then on the OK option
- Shutdown QuickBooks and restart it
- Now update the Payroll services.
Solution 3: Configure the Internet connection settings
- To begin with, the user needs to select the help option in QuickBooks and also select internet connection setup
- After that, the user needs to opt for use my computer’s internet connection settings to establish a connection when this application accesses the Internet. Also, click on next, in case a second box doesn’t open for the internet settings
- Also, choose start and then opt for control panel
- The next step is to double click the internet option
- Now, the user is supposed to click on advanced connection settings and also click on the advanced tab
- Moving ahead, the user needs to scroll to the bottom of the settings window. The user will then have to verify that the Use SSL 2.0 and Use 3.0 options are opted
- After that, click on OK and done tabs respectively
- The last step is to try and update again
The user needs to ensure that QuickBooks desktop is not being blocked, by a firewall. Also, start the system in safe mode and then try to download the payroll updates.
This procedure will help in fixing the error code 12057.
Solution 4: Restore advanced Internet settings
- For this, the user needs to first open the internet explorer outside QuickBooks desktop
- And then, navigate to the tools menu and also opt for the internet options
- Also, move to the advanced tab
- Followed by clicking on restore advanced settings tabs
- Moving ahead, click on the OK tab
- The last step is to verify the internet connection and the internet explorer
Solution 5: Restore the PC to the previous time
- The first thing to do is to start your computer and then login as the Admin
- After that click the Start button and then select ‘All programs > accessories > system tools‘ and then click on the System Restore Option
- Once done click on Restore my Computer to a previous time option and then press on the Next tab
- Now click on the Confirmation Window
- Restart your computer once the restoration process is completed.
Relates post: Fix error 403 in QuickBooks Desktop
The QuickBooks error code 12057 can be easily handled by carrying out the procedures above. But if you get stuck or have any queries then QuickBooks enterprise customer support team are always there to assist you.
You can contact our accounting professionals and certified ProAdvisors via our toll-free customer support number i.e. +1-844-521-0490. Feel free to get in touch with us at any point of time, we will be happy to help you.
Other helpful resources