QuickBooks desktop on yearly basis, launches its new version and QuickBooks desktop 2021 has already arrived in the accounting market. Every new version of QuickBooks rolls in with some amazing features, and the 2021 version is not an exception. This version brings both new and enhanced features, assisting in getting paid faster and a lot more things. The newer version of QuickBooks desktop helps in increasing the productivity of the business. If you are planning to switch to QuickBooks desktop 2021 or are planning to get your hands to this version, then make sure to read this post carefully till the end. In today’s post, we will be talking about the all new features introduced in the QuickBooks desktop 2021.
Moreover, you can also get in touch with our QuickBooks support team at 1-844-521-0490. Our Intuit Certified ProAdvisors will clear all your clouds of confusion instantly.
You may also see: How to Create & Delete Budget in QuickBooks Desktop?
Newly introduced features of in QuickBooks desktop and enterprise solutions 2021 (V21.0)
As we mentioned earlier, the QuickBooks desktop 2021 is all about automation to save time and enhance the productivity. This software has come up with loads of features, which are listed below:
Improved bank feeds
The very first new feature introduced in QuickBooks desktop 2021 is the advanced online banking, which allows the user to review the bank transactions and also match them to the existing ones in your books or quickly add new ones.
Create customer groups
With the QuickBooks desktop 2021 and enterprise solution 21.0, the user can create customer groups, which permits to spot all customers that match the criteria for things such as the location, customer type, or the customer’s status. The user can also create automated statements, send payment reminders, or create mailing lists for specific groups of customers.
Data level permission
The data level permission is also a new feature in QuickBooks enterprise 21.0, which offers restricted access to the users and roles created. The admin can create users and roles with access permissions at record level for customers and vendors.
Customized payment receipts
The user can also create customized templates for forms like invoices, sales receipts, estimates, statements, and purchase orders. Also, you can alter the templates to control their appearance and also the information included.
Read Also: How to Enter Inventory in QuickBooks?
Another feature introduced in this particular software, is receipt management, which makes entering the expense receipts simpler and swifter. The user can be given access to upload the expense receipts to QuickBooks with the help of mobile app or directly from the system.
The user can make use of the payment reminders in order to schedule the statements for the customer and also let them know what they have invoices, they still need to pay for. The user can create automated payment reminders for the statements and invoices.
Assists QuickBooks desktop merchants auto match all the payments to the related accounting records each time. Most of the downloaded payment transactions are assigned automatically to the proper open invoice. Moreover, the users can focus mainly on the category of transactions that require immediate attention. Along with that, the credit card payments are deposited next day into the merchant’s account, with no extra fees.
Read this Also: Use the Accounting tools in Intuit QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise
Statements and payment reminders
Entrepreneurs often remind their customers for their overdue balances, but this can now be handled by the new features introduced in this version. The user can now frequently send statement emails, tailored to different customer requirements, with this feature. Now, the user can send statements with payments links that motivate the customers to immediately settle their balanced via an online payment portal.
Payroll liability reminders
Included with: QuickBooks desktop pro, pro plus, premier, premier plus, Accountant 2020, and enterprise 20.0 or newer with an enhanced payroll subscription.
This new feature allows the businesses to set up calendar notices to ensure that they are reminded of the upcoming payroll taxes and liability payments. This feature is highly beneficial, as the user can get the reminders outside QuickBooks desktop. And also, the user can hold on to the money a little longer and pay the liabilities on the time instead paying it earlier. Moreover, the user can also track the different deadlines to pay liabilities and also get reminders in a timely manner.
Simplified employee payroll setup
Comes With: QuickBooks desktop pro, pro plus, premier, premier plus, Accountant 2020, and enterprise 20.0 and newer, with an enhanced payroll subscription.
The user can access this from the menu bar and then choose the employees or payroll setup.
Features included in this: The QuickBooks desktop 2021 release comes with a feature that allows to complete historical payroll setup more efficiently. The previous year’s release of the simplified payroll setup offered a more complete guided setup experience. Moreover, the user can also invite the employees to securely fill in their own personal information.
QuickBooks capital funding
Talking about the accessibility of this feature, the user can access the QuickBooks capital, by navigating to the menu bar, and then selecting the banking and get financing options respectively.
It should be noted that, as of the writing this piece of information, the access to the offering was not found in the same menu for QuickBooks accountant desktop product.
The features included in here are, getting access to flexible, quick, and crystal clear business funding- especially with no origination fees, prepayment penalties, or hidden charges. The user can easily apply in QuickBooks, without affecting their credit score.
What’s New in QuickBooks Desktop for Mac 2021
The QuickBooks desktop for Mac 2021 has already made its place in the accounting industry, and it brings a lot of new and improved features that will definitely assist the businesses. Let us check out the features included in the latest release:
Automated Payment Reminders
One of the best features that comes with QuickBooks desktop for Mac 2021 is the Automated payment reminders. This feature eases the process for the customers to find out whether they have invoices they need to pay you for.
After the user has set up the payment reminders, QuickBooks lets the user to know when the invoices are available to send. After which, the user can review and approve them before they move out. The user can create a payment reminder, by carrying out the below steps:
- First of all, the user will have to move to the customers tab, and then to the payment reminders, followed by selecting the Schedule payment reminders options
- The next step is to select the plus sign from the customer center and then assign your group a name
- Now, select customers to be added to the group from the customer job panel
- And then, once done with adding the customers, hit OK tab
- After that, the user will have to choose the customer group from the customer center, and also click on payment reminders tab
- Once done with that, choose the gear icon and also click on the new payment reminder
- Lastly, alter your reminder description, reminder date, and other related information, and then hit OK tab
Combine Multiple Emails
In case the user sends multiple forms, such as the invoices or statements to the same system, then he/she can merge them into a single email, rather than sending multiple emails. This can be done as follows:
- First of all, the user needs to navigate to the file menu. And then, select the email forms. These will be the email forms that were marked as later by the user.
- After that, the user should choose the forms, he/she wishes to send
- Now, choose the checkbox for combine forms to a recipient in one email
- And then, once done, opt for the send option
You may also see: Check the Compatibility of QuickBooks Versions with Windows 10
Credit Card Refunds
Refunding credit card payments in QuickBooks becomes easy now, especially in case you have merchant services. This can be done by the steps listed below:
- Initially, the user needs to choose the sales receipt or payment that is to be refunded
- And then, choose the charge info tab at the top of the form
- Now, select the refund payment to process the refund
Another feature is the email templates. One can now create tailored email templates using different subject lines and also the email bodies for all the forms being emailed to the customer. The user simply needs to opt for the email template to use, when he/she sends an invoice, sales receipt, estimate, or any other transactions.
When you’re ready to email
Once you are all set, you can carry out the steps below:
- At first, the user will have to choose the template, which he/she wishes to send.
Note: It should be noted that the email forms window will show all the available templates for various transactions types and will also filter depending upon the selection of the email.
- The user will then have to opt for the gear icon, simply to make changes to the persisting template. And then to save a template as default transaction type, also to create new templates, or to reset or delete the templates.
The user can also add email tokens to customize the message, by carrying out the steps below:
- Firstly choose the insert token tab from the email forms or payment reminder window
- After that, click on the new tokens to be used:
- Company’s website
- Company’s telephone
- Due date
- Transaction balance
- Company name
- And lastly, the user will have to opt for the send option, and you are good to go
Find Company Files
This feature allow the users to easily spot the company files with the updated no company open window. The user can simply carry out the below tasks:
- The user can review the QuickBooks files situated on the system and also present on the connected external drives and networks
- Also, one can filter the displayed files to the present version by opting for the box Only qb2021, at the bottom of the window
- The user can spot the specific files, and access their location in Finder, and also open in either single or multi-user mode
- Moreover, one gets the permission to expand or collapse the different sections and sort the files by selecting the column headers
- Eliminating files from the recent file section is also possible by right clicking the file row and opting for remove from files list
Related Article: How to create Proforma Invoice in QuickBooks?
One Intuit ID
You might have not heard about the Intuit One ID feature, as it is freshly introduced. This feature is used to link the Intuit account ID to the company file. When the user upgrades the company file to the 2021 version, the user will have to log in using the intuit account credentials. This process simplifies in managing the account, checking the customer purchase history, and also using the payroll services.
To manage your Intuit account
In order to manage the intuit account, the below steps can be used:
- First of all, the user will have to navigate to the QuickBooks menu and then choose preferences
- After that, choose the Intuit account icon
- Now, the user needs to select the sign in option and also log in to the Intuit account, if not already
- The user will then have to choose the manage your account. And then, he/she will be directed to the Intuit QuickBooks website, where managing the products and services would be easy
Print Report Row Colors
While reading reports, using report row colors make it easy to read and understand. At the time when the user prints the reports, the row colors will tally with the onscreen reports by default. Also, the user can print report row colors with the help of the light mode or dark mode, or also disable the feature while printing.
Restore Backup Files
After the user opens up the QuickBooks software, he/she can restore the backup file from the no company open screen, with the help of the steps listed below:
- The very first step is to open the QuickBooks desktop for Mac 2021.
- And then, select the backup file to be restored from the no company open screen
- The next step is to choose the restore option and then review the company file information, along with the attachment library that would be restored. Followed by clicking on continue tab
- Now, the user will get an option to review and/or change the name and the location of the file
- Lastly, the user needs to choose the save option, after the process ends
It should be noted that the QuickBooks software restores the company file and also re-associate the attachment library, if it is present. After the backup is complete, the user can easily login to the software.
Sales Tax Codes
Basically, the sales tax codes are list items that permit the user to whether the item is taxable or non-taxable. The QuickBooks software by default, includes the tax codes for non-taxable, as well as taxable sales, but the user can add the custom codes as per the business needs.
How to set up sales tax codes
The steps involved in the process to set up sales tax codes are as follows:
- Initially, the user needs to move to the lists menu and then click on sales tax codes
- After that, choose the add icon, for opening the new sales tax code window
- Now, enter the code in the code field. A few of the common sales tax codes include:
- OOS, which means out of state sales
- RSL, meaning resellers
- WHL indicating wholesalers
- GOV is used for the sales to government offices
- NPO is used for the non profit organizations
- LBR stands for labor services
- In case the sales tax code being created by the user is taxable, then the user will have to choose the checkbox next to taxable. Or else, leave the checkbox unticked.
- Now, the user needs to add a description for the sales tax code and also choose the next option, in case there is another sales tax code to be added
- The last step is to hit OK button, once done.
In today’s article, we have tried to summarize all possible features that come along with the QuickBooks desktop 2021. Now that you know all the features and benefits of QuickBooks desktop 2021, it is up to you whether you have to get this version or not.
In case of any query or for any further assistance, you can get in touch with our toll-free customer support number i.e. +1-844-521-0490. Our QuickBooks enterprise support experts and certified accounting professionals will ensure to provide the best possible information instantly.