All you need to know about QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool
No doubt, QuickBooks accounting software has marked its presence in the accounting world for a couple of years. Regardless of the fact that QuickBooks is a tremendous accounting and bookkeeping solution, we can’t deny to the fact that at times certain glitches can be encountered while working on this software. And this is where the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool comes into the picture. Many users are unaware of this amazing tool by Intuit.
In order to explore more about QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool, the user needs to read this article carefully till the end. Or can also talk to our QuickBooks enterprise experts team to get a better knowledge of this tool and also to clear all your clouds of confusion. Simply ring up at our toll-free number i.e. 1-844-521-0490. Our experts and certified professionals will brief you with the best possible information related to connection diagnostic tool.
You might also like: Recover Important Data From QuickBooks enterprise
Facts related to QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool
Before learning the process to use the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool, let us first unleash a few of the facts related to the tool. The QB connection diagnostic tool helps the users and the professionals in settling the unwanted bugs and unexplained errors. This tool is an essential feature that can be easily availed by the QB users, as it is offered by Intuit for no extra charges. A large number of errors can be easily resolved with the help of the connection diagnostic tool, which includes QuickBooks H-series, or -6000 series errors that are generally encountered while opening the company file.
However, the fact that matters over here is that this tool is compatible only with Microsoft Windows 7, Windows Vista, or Windows XP with QuickBooks 2008 and the later versions. This means that if you are not a Microsoft windows 7, Windows vista, XP user or if you are not QuickBooks 2008 and later versions user, then you can’t enjoy the benefits of this amazing tool.
When can QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool work?
There can be a lot of situations where there this tool will act a savior for you. We have outlines a few of them below:
- This tool can rescue, when the user faces issues with the access to QuickBooks database.
- Poorly configured windows firewall can also be fixed.
- Damaged or corrupted files can be resolved with QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool with much ease.
- When the entries in the employee’s lists are lost, this tool can be helpful.
- Empty customer lists can also be resolved.
- The error that leads to blank vendor list in the software can also be rectified with the help of this tool.
List of errors that can fix using this tool:
- Unable to connect to QuickBooks database
- Database connectivity issues
- Unexpected QuickBooks errors, such as: Errors –6150, -6000 -82, -6000 -301, -6147, and -6103
- Virus affected QuickBooks files or missing files
- Multi-user errors, for example error H101, H303, H202, and H505
- The system registry containing damaged files
- Windows firewall port issues
Related article: How to download QuickBooks file doctor tool?
Advantages of QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool can be a savior, if used wisely. There can be a plenty of benefits of downloading and installing connection diagnostic tool that no one can afford to miss out, a few of which are enlisted here:
- This tool diagnoses various QB errors that haunt the user while installing QuickBooks software
- It also helps in resolving various other errors
- Also, it decreases the fixing time of issues and saves a lot of time and efforts
Steps to download QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
The user can download the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool with much ease. All you have to do is to carry out a few of the steps and you are done. The steps involved in the download process are as follows:
- The very first step is to click on the official download link of the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic tool.
- After that, save the aforementioned file in the system.
- The next step is to open the installer named as QBInstall_tool_vs.exe.
- To move ahead, the user is required to shut down the running programs running in the background.
- And then, click on QBInstall_tool_vs.exe to begin the installation.
- The user is supposed reboot the program and move to the next step.
- It should be noted that, in order to avoid any kind of further issue, the user should have a good internet connection.
- Once done with that, clear all the applications in the background.
- And finally, software will eradicate all the errors that are being generated in the system.
How to Install QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool?
Now that the tool is downloaded, all you have to do is to install it. In order to install QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool, the user can follow the steps enumerated below:
- The very first thing is to ensure that there are no previous or outdated versions of tool in the system. In case any earlier versions are still lying, then the user should first uninstall them. It should be noted that the having earlier versions can be problematic in the smooth installation of the new one.
- The next step is to visit the OEM website and then download the installation package. Also, extract the files from the system.
- After that the user is required to open up the setup and then make sure to follow the instructions.
- And the next step is to open the tool that should start up automatically, when the installation process ends successfully.
- Visit the directory that acquires the company file that is to be diagnosed, with the help of the drop-down list.
- If a single user is using the software, then using the network connectivity option is not required. It should be noted that many issues are expected to be rooted in the corruption of the file. However, connectivity issues could be the reason behind the occurrence of any kind of error.
- The user is supposed to type-in the admin password, once the message box appears on the screen.
- Then the next step is to click on OK button.
- Select whether you are using the host system or a workstation PC.
- And lastly, the user will have to be patient as the QuickBooks Connection diagnostic tool might take time to scan and fix the company files errors.
Steps to employ QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic tool
- To begin with, the user has to double tap the QuickBooks desktop icon.
- And then, do not open the corrupted file right now.
- Now, visit the Utilities >> Repair file >> Network problems.
- Moving ahead, hit Yes on the message, in order to allow collecting the personal information related to QuickBooks and it’s data. If the pop-up message doesn’t appear, then the permission is already provided.
- The next step is to visit the folder that consists the company files and look for the one that is corrupted and then tap on Open option.
- Now, opt for Show Advanced settings and a list of items in a drop down will appear.
- After that, select the issue that relates with your current problem.
- And then, enter the QB login ID and Password, and make sure you enter the right credentials.
- The next step is to choose QB connection diagnostic tool.
- The user will have to wait for some time till the tool diagnoses and fixes the file.
Once the company file is repaired, the user can re-open and continue with the work.
You’ll also like: How to use QuickBooks install diagnostic tool?
How to use the QuickBooks connection Diagnostic tool?
Diagnose Connection tab:
The diagnose connection tab can let the user to test the system set up to make sure that the company data file can be accessed from the system, regardless of the fact they are configured as single-user or multi-user.
This area exhibits the fundamental instruction for the firewall.
Workstation’s connectivity can be checked in this area.
Steps to be followed to test computer’s connectivity
- Firstly, tap on the button closer to the company file field, in order to pinpoint the company file.
- After that, user is required to use Linux systems only in case of the network setup is in Alternate mode, the user may choose the change hosting server checkbox.
- Point to remember is that before the user accesses the connectivity test, all the statuses occur as “Not Applicable” in blue.
Lastly, after the user carries out the test, the statuses will appear in green or red.
- After that, the user is required to Test Connectivity.
- If the file open status occurs in Red representing that the test has failed, the advanced section will widen to show all places that were checked.
- The user might click what do these mean?
- Run the tool for a second time after fixing the applicable statutes, the user is required to run the tool once more for any additional issues.
- The user will find that the successful message come into sight on the server and then replicate the steps to each client computer that has QuickBooks installed.
- Also, try to be a little tolerant, till the time tool is operational. As this tool might take certain time to identify and fix the issues.
Get help by accounting professionals
QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool is one of the most effective and helpful tools to fix various QB related errors. However, users might find it difficult to make use of this tool in the best possible way. We hope that this article might be of some help to you, in learning various facts related to related errors.
In case you are unable to make the best use of QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool, then simply get in touch with our QuickBooks enterprise support professionals, and they will provide you with the best possible services in a single call. Just dial our toll-free number i.e. 1(844)521-0490, and make the best use of this tool.
Other helpful articles: