Here is how you can fix QuickBooks 502 Bad Gateway Error:
QuickBooks is reliable accounting and bookkeeping software available on both windows as well as Mac OS users. But, as it is available globally and the updates of the software are regular, there are times when a user comes across errors. Some errors such as QuickBooks 502 Bad Gateway Error are one of the common errors which are related to the browser.
Though, this error is not just limited to a user being online as it is equally applicable and relevant to a desktop-only application user. So, here we will discuss its potential causes, symptoms, and finally, methods to fix Error: QuickBooks 502 Bad Gateway. Thus, make sure to read this article carefully till the end. Another option for the same can be to get in touch with our executives via our toll-free number i.e. +1-844-521-0490. We are a group of experts and certified accounting professionals, who work round the clock in order to provide the best possible support services.
What QuickBooks 502 Bad gateway error means?
Talking about QuickBooks 502 Bad gateway error, it is one of the most commonly seen browser errors that affect the QuickBooks, and also lay impact on the web applications or browsers. This kind of error can be seen due to invalid response from the server, but when it comes to QuickBooks, this kind of error could be seen when the browser’s cache memory is full or in case of any virus infection. This kind of error can be seen in QuickBooks online as well as in QB desktop. There can be other facts as well associated with this error, which will be discussed later in this blog post.
What are the possible causes of QuickBooks 502 Bad Gateway Error?
Being a very common error, there are a handful of causes that might lead to QuickBooks 502 Bad Gateway Error. So, here is the list of reasons that are applicable to most of the users of this software:
- It can occur if the cache memory of the browser gets full
- It can happen in case the user has turned off the active scripting which is located in the browser’s settings
- Error 502 can occur if the Intuit website is not added as a trusted site in the browser
- If the cache memory of the QuickBooks application itself is full then also it can lead to QuickBooks Error 502: Bad Gateway Error.
What are the symptoms of QuickBooks 502 Bad Gateway Error?
Now, as we have gone through the potential causes behind this Gateway error, following are some of the symptoms that a user might come across while using QuickBooks desktop:
- It usually occurs when a user is trying to log in into the online QuickBooks desktop application
- QB Error 502 comes up when the user has either downloaded or viewed forums in the browser
- Lastly, users can also come across this error when they are updating the QuickBooks Desktop Application.
Read this Also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6138, 105?
Possible Methods of fixing QuickBooks 502: Bad Gateway Error
Being have gone through all the causes as well as the symptoms, chances are that a user will have to go through a lot of solutions to completely get sorted from the error pop-ups. So, here are some of all the solutions that will help the user in resolving the queries regarding Error 502 Bad Gateway:
Solution #1: Checking the settings of Active scripting option in case of Internet Explorer
The very first method can be to check the settings of active scripting option, in case of Internet explorer. The user will have to follow some basic steps, which include the following:
- Start with Launching the Internet Explorer
- Now, you will have to select the Internet Option which is located in the Tools menu
- Here, a security tab will launch and users will have to go to the Internet Icon
- Lastly, the user will have to select the custom level and then they will have to choose the enable Active Scripting.
Solution #2: Clearing the cache of QuickBooks applications
In case the first method failed, then you can clear the cache of QuickBooks and try to fix the issue. The steps involved in here are:
- Users will have to first launch the QuickBooks Online/Desktop
- Once the application has been launched on the system, select the Reset App Data which is present in the Help Tab
- Now, the application will start
- Lastly, the user will have to verify as to whether these errors are still active or not.
Read Also: Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error Code C=51
Solution #3: Access QuickBooks account via Web Browser
In case the error continues even after carrying out the above steps, then the user can access QuickBooks account via web browser. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- First of all visit to the official site of Intuit i.e. qbo.intuit.com
- And then, enter the credentials
- The next step is to click the Help icon i.e. ? Help
- Followed by clicking on Contact us
- Now, the user needs to enter 502 Gateway in the What can we help you with? field
- After that click on let’s talk
- From their, the user can start messaging or get a callback
Solution #4: By clearing the cache and cookies of the browser
QuickBooks is available on many browsers. Following are some of the most commonly used internet browsers with the steps required to clear the cache and cookies of the browser:
- For this, a user will have to start with launching chrome, here you will see three dots which are present at the very right hand
- Now, the user will have to clear browsing data option available on the device
- Now, make sure that the Time range list and the all-time menu watch are in perfectly synced with each other.
- Here, you will have to mark all of the following boxes, other site data, Cookies.
- Cached images and file
- Lastly, clean on the clear data option
Solution #5: Manually download latest transactions
At times, manually downloading latest transactions can also work, to fix the QuickBooks error 502 bad gateway. The steps involved in this particular procedure are:
- For this, the user first of all needs to move to the banking menu
- And then, select the account to be updates
- After that, hit update option
In case the user encounters any duplicate entries, then in that case, it is possible that the bank sent them twice. This generally happens after a maintenance update takes place. The user can exclude them from the download transactions page, by carrying out the steps below:
- First of all, the user needs to move back to the banking page
- And then, click on for review tab
- Once done with that mark the duplicate entry
- Followed by clicking on the batch actions tab, and then select Exclude selected
If you have spotted some missing transactions, then they might not be posted yet. Also, certain financial institutions do not post them until the next day.
See Also: How to Fix QuickBooks activation errors?
We hope that the methods mentioned in this post help you fix QuickBooks Error code 502. In case the issue persists even after performing all the troubleshooting steps, you can contact our 24×7 QuickBooks enterprise support team. Connect with our experts by dialing toll-free +1-844-521-0490.
We are team of experts and certified QB professionals, who work round the clock to provide the best possible support services. Thus, do not hesitate in getting in touch with our team anytime. We will be happy to help you.
You might also read: