Here is how you can resolve the QBCFMonitorService not running on this computer error
For the past few years, QuickBooks is considered the most reliable accounting software available. Introduced by Intuit, this application is known to have made accounting and payroll a lot simpler. From handling finances to tracking expenses to maintaining the invoices to generating reports, QuickBooks is known to have many powerful features and that’s why medium and small scaled businesses depend on it largely. Despite being a very cutting-edge software, it isn’t immune to any technical glitches.
Often users face the QBCFMonitor Service not running on the computer error. The QBCFMonitorService is basically QuickBooks Company File monitoring service. So, when the ‘QBCFMonitorService not running on your computer’ message is displayed on your computer it means the QBCFMonitorService has stopped working. In this blog we will discuss the causes and solutions of this issue in detail. So keep reading…!
You may also like: What is QuickBooks Conversion Tool?
Causes of QBCFMonitorService not running on your computer error
Following conditions may cause QBCFMonitorService not running on this computer problem.
- The QBCFMonitorService.exe file might have got corrupted by a virus or a malware attack
- Problems in the Windows Registry which causes error in QBCFMonitor Service
- Few programs in the QBCFMonitor.exe file might have got deleted mistakenly
- The Firewall might be blocking the internet access to the QuickBooks files
- Few of the programs might be conflicting with the QBCFMonitor.exe file
- The QuickBooks software may not be installed in the correct way
Solutions to QBCFMonitorService not running on your computer error
The solutions of the error depend totally upon the causes. Before starting with the procedure, it is suggested that you take backup of your QuickBooks data as well as computer. Even the Windows and software installation CD as well as the license number have to be kept handy during the troubleshooting process.
Solution 1: Manually Restart the QBCFMonitorService
- The first thing to do is open the task manager by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del keys together and then navigate to the Processes tab
- Now you have to right-click on the QBCFMonitorService process and then choose End Task
- Once it’s done click on the Yes tab for confirmation
- Now you have to open QuickBooks application again
Solution 2: Do a Full Malware scan on your computer
When you try to access the company file the QBCFMonitorService might stop running, in that case one way to fix it is by running a full scan to check malware or virus threats. Get rid of the malware once you find it and then restart your computer.
Read Also: What is QuickBooks Web Connector?
Solution 3: Change the Settings of your Windows Firewall
The Widows Firewall basically keeps a check on how QuickBooks communicate with other network and internet connections. At times it might block QuickBooks from connecting with the server which leads to the QBCFMonitor Service not running. Below are the steps to resolve it.
- Firstly, you have to update firewall software
- Then you have to add QuickBooks as an exception from being scanned
- Then check if the ports needed by QuickBooks to connect with the server are blocked or not
- In case, they are blocked you will have to open the ports to allow QuickBooks to communicate with the server
Solution 4: Install the QuickBooks Database Manager Server Update
Below are the steps to install QuickBooks Database Server Manager in order to resolve the QBCFMonitorService failed error
- The first and foremost thing to do is to open QuickBooks in order to install the latest maintenance release
- Now in the Help tab click on QuickBooks
- In the Update tab you have to checkmark all the features as well as patches
- Once it is done, click on Get Updates and then wait for the software to install all the updates that are available
- After this restart QuickBooks in both workstation and server
Solution 5: Setup QuickBooks Database Server Manager Service
Now you have to set up the QuickBooks Database Server Manager Service as per the instructions provided.
Resolving the QBCFMonitorService not running on this computer is not that complex. However, if you ever get stuck or have any kind of queries then check with the QuickBooks enterprise support service providers at 1(844)521-0490. These experts are available 24/7 to provide you assistance with your QuickBooks queries.