Learn how to sign in to Gmail through QuickBooks Desktop if you see the error “Couldn’t sign you in”.
At the time of signing into Gmail from QuickBooks desktop, the user might face certain issues. Well, in such a situation need not to panic, as we are here to help you out. Google made an update for enhanced security, so that if you are using Gmail, you will require to reconnect the account. Such a scenario might trouble the user a bit, but this can be resolved with the help of any of the processes below. If you are also facing an issue while signing in Gmail from QuickBooks desktop, then stay tuned with the article.
Or an alternate for the same can be to directly contact our support team via our toll-free number i.e. 1(844)521-0490. And let our professionals fix the error on your behalf. We are a team of professionals, who have years of experiencing in resolving all sorts of QuickBooks related error. Thus, call us whenever you feel like and we will provide you with immediate assistance.
Quick fixes to the Gmail Related Problems in QuickBooks Desktop
The user can resolve this error with the help of the below methods:
Method 1: Turning on less secure app access in Google
Below are the steps to be followed to turn on less secure app access in Google:
- At first, the user needs to turn off 2 Step verification for Google account
- And then turn on less secure app access in Google. The next step is to ensure to read the Google security standards to understand how this may affect the account
- The next step is to move to the QuickBooks edit menu and select the preferences tab
- Once done with that choose send forms option
- Followed by opting for web mail and add options
- Now, enter the required information in the add email info section and also select OK tab
- The last step is to select OK to save the changes
Method 2: Changing the enhanced security setting in QuickBooks
In case the user has configured the Gmail to use enhanced security, then he/she will be asked to authorize QuickBooks desktop whenever he/she sends a transaction or report. In case the user is unable to authorize QuickBooks, he/she will have to reconnect the Gmail account to QuickBooks and then clear the option to use enhanced security.
Method 3: Using 2 Step verification for Google
The last method is to use 2 Step verification for Google. The steps involved in here are:
- First of all, the user needs to turn on 2 Step verification for Google account
- And then, move to the QuickBooks edit menu and select preferences tab
- Also, select send forms
- Followed by selecting web mail and selecting add
- Now, enter the information in the Add email info section and hit OK tab
- The last step is to select OK to save changes and you are good to go
You may also see: Create and manage roles in QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise
Towards the end of this article, it is believed that the information listed above might help in fixing the Gmail couldn’t sign you in from QuickBooks desktop error. But if in any case, the error continues to trouble you, then do not think much in getting in touch with our accounting professionals at +1-844-521-0490.
And our QuickBooks enterprise customer support team will be there to assist you immediately and resolve the bug on your behalf, without any further mess.
Other helpful articles: