Stumbled upon QuickBooks point of sale error code 140305 and looking for a valid fix to it? Well, if your answer is yes, then your search ends over here. Today’s article is entirely based on the information related to the QuickBooks error code 140305. The error code is usually seen when the user runs a financial exchange in QuickBooks desktop point of sale. This error rolls in with an error message stating as “Error 140305: You have reached the maximum allowed number of customers in QuickBooks”. There can be a couple of factors causing this error, which will be discussed later in this article. Thus, we would recommend you to scroll through the article with much care.
Well, if you feel the error to be a bit too technical for you to handle, then in that case, leave the task on our accounting professionals and invest your time in something more important. Contact us at our toll-free customer support number i.e. 1-844-521-0490 and our team will help you in getting out of this error as soon as possible.
You may also like: How to Fix The File Exists Error in QuickBooks?
Situations when the QuickBooks POS error 140305 arises
The user might come across the error code 140305, when:
- The situation when the user reached the maximum number of customer list entries in QuickBooks for windows
- Or the QuickBooks for windows customer listed or the company file is damaged or corrupted.
Quick Solutions to the QuickBooks POS Error 140305
If the user wants to continue running the financial exchange and fix the error, then below solutions can be implemented one by one.
Solution 1: Re-sorting the customer list
The very first method that we would recommend you to opt for is to re-sort the customer list. The steps involved in this particular process are as follows:
- The very first step the user is supposed to carry out is to move to the customer menu and then choose customer center
- Once done with that, navigate to the View menu and also choose re-sort list
- After that choose OK button
- And then once again try to run a financial exchange
In case the error continues, the user can have issues with the company file. In such a case, the steps to troubleshoot the company file issues can be opted for.
Solution 2: Removing the customers without transactions in QuickBooks desktop point of sale
The user’s customer list in QuickBooks desktop point of sale usually adds up to the QuickBooks for windows list. To ensure that the list is maximized, the user can delete customer in QuickBooks point of sale. The steps to be followed are:
- The user should move to the customers menu and then choose customer list
- After that, run a report to see which customer don’t have account balances:
- On the customer list window, the user needs to select I want to drop down menu
- And then, choose the run a report option, followed by selecting general-customer list
- Once done with that, the user needs to pick the modify option from the menu
- And also, choose add or remove columns
- The next step is to find and put a checkmark beside account balance, and also select save option
- Now, in order to keep a copy of the list, the user can opt for print. And then, choose close
- Moving ahead, the user needs to hold the Ctrl key, and then opt for the customer to be deleted based on the report
- And then, click on delete option from the left menu
- After that enter Yes, in order to confirm and hit OK tab
- The last step is to retry to run a financial exchange
Related Article: How to Fix QuickBooks Point of Sale Error 175305?
Solution 3: Eliminating customer without transaction in QuickBooks for windows
The user can delete the customer that do not have any transactions, in case the limit is attained. This will save up space and will give way to other customers. The steps involved in the process to delete customers are as follows:
- The initial step in the process is to press F2 or Ctrl + 1 keys on the keyboard
- And then, move to the list information section on the product information window
- After that, the user will have to confirm that the customers count is over the 14500 limits
- Once done with that, the user can move to the customers menu and also opt for the customer center
- The next step is to right click on the customer you wish to delete, and also opt for the delete customer:job
The user should note that, he/she can delete a customer with subitems. Also, ensure to delete or move the subitems first
- Moving ahead, the user needs to repeat the steps 4 and 5 for other customers
- Now, the user can retry to run a financial exchange
- In case you still encounter the run an exchange error, then the customer list might be damaged.
Important: I don’t want to delete customers
Well, in case you want additional entries, but do not want to delete some, consider upgrading to QuickBooks desktop enterprise. The user can add up to one million names and up to one million items in this version.
Similar Article: How to Fix QuickBooks POS Error Code 176103?
By now, the QuickBooks pos error code 140305 might be fixed, as we believe that the above listed steps might be enough to help you in getting rid of the error permanently. For any further information or in case of any query, you can always contact our QuickBooks enterprise technical support team and discuss your query with us at 1(844)521-0490. Our experts and certified professionals will ensure to provide you immediate assistance.
More helpful articles: