Facing QuickBooks error code 6154 and unable to come up with a perfect solution for it? Well, in that case, reading this article till the end will surely help. When using QuickBooks versions, it is probable that some of the other error might appear on the screen. Such an error appears on the screen with a warning message that states as
“Error 6154 occurred when QuickBooks company file not open or QuickBooks unable to open specified folder or file”.
As a consequence of such an error, the user might not be able to open any of the company file in as the computer will have problems in getting connected with the company file. This article will brief you with the fixes of the QuickBooks error 6154. Make sure to read ahead, or call us at our toll-free number i.e. 1(844)521-0490, for further assistance.
You might see also: Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 103 while Banking Online
What leads to QuickBooks error 6154?
The QuickBooks error code 6154 can be caused due to the following reasons:
- One of the reasons can be corrupted QuickBooks company file or folder.
- Also, if the user isn’t logged into the QuickBooks as an admin.
- Another cause can be if the user isn’t logged in to the system as an admin.
- Or if there is incorrect file or folder path.
- Moreover, if there is missing file or incorrect location.
What steps to follow to fix the QuickBooks error 6154?
The user can perform the following steps, to get rid of the QuickBooks error 6154.
Solution 1: Logging into the system as admin
- The user needs to first start the system again
- Login to the system as the system admin
- After this, the user will get the permission to access the folder where he/she has kept all the QuickBooks company file
Solution 2: Reset the sync manager
- The very first step is to log into the system as system admin
- After that, move all the company file and reset the sync manager
- Move the folder from the previous location to any other folder in the system
- Browse the system and select new location for the file
- Copy the file from the old location and move them to the new one
- Reset the sync manager
- Go to the QuickBooks help menu
- Select manage data sync and click on reset sync manager tab
- Provide the credentials which include the user ID and password
- Permit the sync manager to complete the first sync
Solution 3: Sync the files to the system’s hard drive
Log on to system as the system admin, try to sync the files or folders in the C: drive by using sync now.
Reading this article might have worked in getting rid of the QuickBooks error code 6154. However, in case the error persists for some reason, make sure to contact our QuickBooks enterprise tech support team using our toll-free number i.e. 1(844)521-0490. Our team will ensure to provide you with immediate solutions.
Articles to read: