Here is how you can identify, fix and prevent QuickBooks Error 15101
Technology has changed the way business owners used to manage their businesses. Accounting software’s like QuickBooks have made it incredibly simple for all to handle crucial bookkeeping and accounting tasks with little or no knowledge of the subject. Regular updates, interesting user interface, technical support, and easy accessibly have made QuickBooks one of the most popular accounting solutions. But despite being extremely advanced and successful, this accounting software, like any other computer software, sometimes receives errors. Among the many errors and glitches that QuickBooks users receive is QuickBooks Update Error 15101.
This blog post is about QuickBooks payroll error 15101 and includes details like what triggers it, how you can spot it, and the troubleshooting steps to fix it. So let’s get started.
Related article: Easy Methods to resolve QuickBooks error 15242
How do you spot QuickBooks Error 15101?
This error often appears when you try to update QuickBooks Desktop or QuickBooks Payroll. Recognizing it is extremely simple as you receive an error message on your computer screen with its details. Upon receiving this error, your computer may freeze and you may not be able to perform any other task.
What triggers QuickBooks Error 15101?
One or more of the following issues may cause QuickBooks Error code 15101:
A digital signature certificate is missing: You would need to ensure the availability of the security of internet connection and your data. If that’s corrupted and not installed appropriately, updating QuickBooks may get difficult.
Issues with the Internet settings: Appropriate settings for the internet are imperative to make sure that there are no discrepancies while installing payroll updates. Any setting related issue may lead to QuickBooks error 15101.
Exe isn’t running fine: QBWebconnector.exe is a QuickBooks program That assists you to connect to the official website of intuit via a secure connection. It also ensures that all the updates are downloaded appropriately. Error 15101 or similar errors may show up if the exe program is not running properly.
Troubleshooting steps to Fix QuickBooks Error 15101
Fixing QuickBooks Update Error 15101 is simple. You do not require any professional knowledge to perform the basic troubleshooting steps mentioned below.
Step 1: Get a Digital Signature Certificate
As we have already discussed in the causes of this error, a missing digital certificate may trigger QuickBooks Error 15101. You can follow the below-mentioned steps to install a digital signature certificate.
- Search and find QBW32.exe file in the start menu or find that in C Drive > Programs File > Intuit / QuickBooks.
- Do a right-click on program files and tap on Properties.
- Choose the Digital Signature tab.
- Check the list and select Intuit.inc.
- Click on Detail and then View Certificate.
- Next, click on Install Certificate.
- Follow the prompts that appear on your computer screen to complete the installation process and restart QuickBooks.
- Try updating QuickBooks again.
- Make changes in the Internet Settings
If the issue persists even after installing a Digital Signature Certificate, try the next troubleshooting method.
- Open Internet Explorer and select Tools.
- Next, click Internet Options.
- Choose LAN settings under the Connection Tab. Select Automatically Detect settings.
- Leave proxy server blank unless you are using a proxy server. You can select SSL 2.0 or SSL 3.0 and uncheck the TLS 1.2 checkbox.
Read Also: How to solve QuickBooks error code 15104?
Step 2: Close the not responding QBConnector.exe file
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del keys together and choose Task Manager
- Go to the Processes tab and find QBconnector.exe.
- Right-click on QBConnector.exe and select End Process.
Step 3: Download the updates in Safe Mode
- First of all, you have to open your computer system in Safe Mode.
- After that, Re-download the update.
- Now restart your computer in Normal Mode and then, re-download the payroll update.
Step 4: Run Quick Fix my Program from the QuickBooks Desktop Tool Hub
- Firstly, Download QuickBooks Desktop Tool Hub and install it on your computer.
- After that navigate to the Program Problems tab, then choose Quick Fix my Program.
- Let the tool run and wait till it’s complete
- Once it’s done, reopen QuickBooks and your company file.
- Finally, download and install the update.
You may also consider: Export reports as Excel workbooks in QuickBooks desktop
Try to update QuickBooks desktop after performing every troubleshooting method described in this article. In case QuickBooks Payroll Error 15101 persists even after performing the solutions provided herein, contact our 24×7 QuickBooks enterprise support team at 1-844-521-0490 for advanced solutions.
Suggested Articles for You!