Learn where you can find QuickBooks Desktop Product and License information while reinstalling QuickBooks
QuickBooks Desktop product and license number are unique codes that assists in install QuickBooks properly. Having Product key and license number is a must, in order to reinstall the QuickBooks desktop and keep the files and works continue upon upgrading to a new system. Thus, it is important for the users to note the license number and product key, before beginning with the re-installation. In case the two are incorrect, the user might require to change it and re-attempt the same process.
If you are unable to find out the product key and license number in your QuickBooks desktop, then need not to worry anymore, as we have come up with this article, through which we will be trying to help you in finding out the correct license and product number. Or you can also speak to our QuickBooks help team for expert assistance, in order to avoid any kind of mess. You can ring up at our toll-free number i.e. 1(844)521-0490, and our team of experts and certified professionals will help you in finding out the right product key and license number.
Related article: Steps to sync QuickBooks files between two computers
Brief into QuickBooks Product key and license number
QuickBooks Product key and license number is essential to reinstall the software and also keeping continuity of the records and operations. In order to find out the right product key and license number, what matters the most is the way the software was purchased and also whether the user has registered it with Intuit or not. If you have a proof of the purchase that you made, Intuit can be contacted for assistance.
Below are the locations where you can try to find QuickBooks Desktop product and license key:
QuickBooks Packaging: If you have purchased a physical copy of the software, you can find the numbers on the software’s packaging. The packaging shall have sticker with the product and license key written on it.
Confirmation Email: In case you purchased QuickBooks online from Intuit’s official website, the numbers should be in the purchase confirmation email.
Installation Disc: Insert the installation CD in your computer that has QuickBooks Desktop. Choose “Reinstall QuickBooks.” A window will appear that will have product and license key.
QuickBooks License Lookup Page: Go to the Intuit License Lookup Web Page and put in your username and password to find the numbers.
How to add license number in QuickBooks?
In order to add license number in QuickBooks, the user can carry out the steps below:
- First of all, open QuickBooks and then press F2 key. Along with that, the user needs to open the product information window
- After that, the user will see the number of user licenses in the upper left corner.
Steps to know the pricing information for adding more users
- The very first step in this process is to open QuickBooks and then move to the help option
- After that, the user needs to select the Manage my license option, along with that select the buy additional user licenses option
- The next step in the process is to click on Add seats online link, to know the current pricing
Follow the steps below, to buy additional user licenses
- To begin with, the user needs to open QuickBooks and then move to the help menu
- The next step is to select manage my license option, along with that select buy additional user license
- After that, the user needs to install QuickBooks desktop on other systems, depending upon the number of licenses that has been purchased
- The user is then required to use the same license number to install the QuickBooks software
- The last step is to carry out the on-screen prompts to activate the software.
Finding out your version and release of QuickBooks
The user can look for the version in the version used on file section. The list that would appear on the screen is sorted by date with the oldest version at the top and recent at the bottom of the list.
How to change QuickBooks license and product number?
For windows users: The user can update or change the license and product information in QuickBooks, without uninstalling or re-installing the program.
Accessing the files via QuickBooks
- The first step in the process is to press the F2 and F3 key, to open the tech help window
- After that, the user needs to open the file tab, followed by selecting the QBREGISTRATION.DAT
- The next step is to select the open file option
- And then, create a backup of the qbregistration.dat file
- Followed by, saving the file on the system
- Moving ahead, the user needs to open the file from the tech help window
- And to end the process, shut down the QuickBooks software, but ensure to keep the qbregistration.dat file open somewhere
Open file via Windows Explorer
- The very first step in this process is to open the QB common files
- After that, move to the location C:Program DataCommon FilesintuitQuickBooks
- The next step is to right click the qbregistration.dat file
- Followed by open the file with notepad
- Once done with that, create a backup of the qbregistration.dat file
- And then, save the file on the desktop
- The last step in the process is to re-open the file from common file window
Edit qbregistration.dat file
a. VERSION number= “30.0” (2020), “29.0” (2019), “28.0” (2018), or “27.0” (2017)
b. FLAVOR name= QuickBooks Pro=pro, QuickBooks Premier (not Accountant Edition) = superpro
QuickBooks Premier accountant edition= accountant, Enterprise solutions= bel, Enterprise solutions accountant edition = belacct.
The steps to be carried out are as follows:
- First of all, the user needs to look for the QB version for which the license number is to be changed
- And then, replace the InstallIDcorrect product code. The user needs to follow the format: XXX-XXX and and ensure to keep the brackets
- The next step in the process is to replace the license number with the correct number. The format to be used is XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXX, and brackets are to be kept in this step as well
- Moving ahead, the user needs to save the file and restart the system
- Once done with that, the user should relaunch the QuickBooks desktop
- Followed by pressing the F2 key, to open the product information window
- And lastly, verifying the license and product number has been changed.
We hope that you find this blog post helpful in finding QuickBooks Desktop product and license information. For more information on same topic or any other QB related issue, you can contact our 24×7 QuickBooks enterprise support team.
Feel free to ring up at our toll-free number i.e. 1(844)521-0490, and discuss your issue with our experts and certified professionals. We are a hub of technocrats with years of experience and expertise in dealing the QuickBooks related bugs.