Have you ever stumbled upon QuickBooks payroll error PS077 or error PS032? Well, as per the recent reports, error PS077 or error PS032 has become one of the common errors that the QB users encounter. Though QuickBooks payroll software has helped many small and medium sized businesses in controlling and carrying out their payroll and tax management, but at the same time a few errors such as PS077, PS032 etc could be seen. The reason behind the occurrence of these types of errors can be mis-configured settings and many more. If you are also any such error, then this article can be of much help to you.
In today’s article, we will be discussing the causes and quick fixes to the error QuickBooks error PS077, and PS032. Thus, read the article till the end, or a better solution for the same can be to get in touch with our 24/7 QuickBooks desktop support team via our toll-free number i.e. +1-844-521-0490. We own a pool of experts and highly skilled accounting professionals, who have years of experience in dealing with QuickBooks errors.
Related article: How to resolve QuickBooks error 6000?
Insight into QuickBooks error ps032 or ps077
While downloading payroll updates, users can stumble upon these types of errors. The QuickBooks errors PS032 or PS077 comes with an error message stating as “QuickBooks is having trouble installation payroll tax table update”. These types of error enable the user to update the tax table, but do not allow them to work forward. Any error code in QuickBooks with the prefix PS is indicative of QuickBooks payroll error and are usually seen, when the user tries to perform payroll updates. These types of error can severely hamper the progress of QuickBooks activities and then user will be required to fix them immediately.
Factors causing QuickBooks error PS032 or PS077
- Damaged or corrupted the tax table file.
- The billing details are out of date or may be incorrect, and then in such cases the error could be seen.
- Also, if the QuickBooks company files are corrupted or get damaged somehow.
- The payroll error PS032 or PS077 can be seen when the billing details are out of date and it may be wrong.
Points to be considered
- The user needs to validate the QB Payroll Subscription.
- Also, update QuickBooks Desktop application with the latest released updates.
- Another thing to be done by the user is to verify that the billing information entered in the payroll account is appropriate.
- The user is also required to ensure to only have one QuickBooks application installed on the system.
- In order to avoid this issue, the user can make an attempt to repair QuickBooks desktop application.
- And also ensure to take a backup of the QuickBooks company file.
Fix Error PS077 or Error PS032 When QuickBooks Download Payroll Updates
In order to fix this error, QuickBooks user can simply follow the steps enumerated below:
- The very first thing that the user is required to ensure is that he/she should have registered in QuickBooks desktop software.
- Also, ensure that the QuickBooks desktop software version is updated to its latest one. i.e. (QuickBooks desktop 2020)
- The next thing the user is supposed to remember is that the billing information is updated or correct.
- Moving ahead, the user is required to run for repair of QuickBooks desktop software.
- Then, turn off the UAC i.e. User account control, of the user is using Windows Vista 7 or 8. Also, make an attempt to update the application with the UAC being disabled.
- Now, note down the QuickBooks license number, followed by:
- In QuickBooks home, tap on F2 key.
- After that, note the license number.
- And then, close the product information windows, followed by hitting OK button.
- And also ensure that you have only one version of QuickBooks.
Steps to be followed if only one version of QuickBooks desktop is installed
- The very first thing that the user is supposed to do is to take a backup of the company file.
- And then close all the applications.
- After that, the user has to open the Run Window.
For Windows 8, the user has to move to the Window system section, and then open the start screen, after that right-click the background to All Apps. And lastly, tap on Run.
Windows 7 and XP:
If you are a Windows 7 and XP user, then open the Windows Start button and choose Run.
In case the user is not logged in with Admin rights, then he/she is supposed to hit Start and then opt for All Programs option. After that select Accessories and Run option respectively.
The process for Windows Vista users can be a little lengthy. To begin with, they need to click on the Vista logo and then press Windows + R keys to open Run command box. After that carry out the steps listed below:
- Now, the user is required to open the Control panel.
- After that, visit the Programs and Features and double-tap the same, for adding or removing the Programs in Windows Vista.
- If the user is having only one version, then they do not require to continue. After that the QuickBooks desktop installation Wizard opens.
- Hit Next key.
- Choose remove and hit Next once again. After that, continue the process as per the current requirement.
- For completing the update, the error message must include an option for going online. In order to retrieve the update click on the yes tab to go online, only if asked
- Error PS032 might have the option to only click on the OK tab to go online. And clicking on the OK tab runs the download automatically again, and it might display the same error message
- Also, close the QuickBooks on all systems, in case the data files are available on the server. The user needs to run the payroll update from the server. In case the update succeeds on the server, then the user will also need to install all other version of QuickBooks.
You might also like: What is QuickBooks error code 3371?
In case the user has only one version of QuickBooks:
- Firstly, remove the existing one and also the additional installations.
- After that, the user is required to reset the QuickBooks update.
- The next step is to download the latest payroll tax tables.
- Followed by re-sorting the lists to user the verify data.
- Moving ahead, perform clean uninstall that too in selective start-up.
- And then, update the tax table.
The process to fix QuickBooks payroll error PS032 and PS077 is very simple as it involves only the above enumerated steps. However, a few of the QB users might find it a bit confusing. Thus, in such cases, we would recommend you to seek for professional assistance. Taking professional help can be of much help for the users.
You can also get in touch with our QuickBooks enterprise support team via our toll-free number i.e. +1-844-521-0490. Our team will be available 24*7 to assist you in dealing with errors associated with QuickBooks. Therefore, do not hesitate in talking to our professionals.
Other helpful articles you may like: