QuickBooks Error code 1321 generally shoots if the installer unable to write any certain file because of the lack in permissions or other permission related problem. In such situation, the user supposes to update the privileges for the QuickBooks files or error message sources. By doing so, you can easily fix the QB error codes without any hassles.
When installing or updating, you may see Error 1321, followed by one of these messages:
Note: In these errors the actual .dll file name can be differ. If you click on Retry button, you may see more than one error messages and the your software installation or software update may fail.
The installer has insufficient privileges to modify the file C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\sdkeventl.DLL
The installer has insufficient privileges to modify the file C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\CfScan.DLL
The installer has insufficient privileges to modify the file at C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks YEAR\QBONLI32.DLL
The installer has insufficient privileges to modify the file 
The installer has insufficient privileges to modify the file C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale X.0\dataimporter.exe
Encountering this error can be very much annoying for many QB users, but tackling it becomes easy by carrying out the steps we will be discussing later in this post. However, if you feel the need of technical assistance, or you think that handling this error can be a bit tricky for many QB users. Need not to worry, give us a call at our toll-free number i.e. 1-844-521-0490 and our experts will be more happy to fix the issue on your behalf.
Possible Causes of QuickBooks Error 1321
- If you see that update process taking much less time than copying a file process.
- QB update Installation process has been blocked by antivirus or firewall settings.
- Windows permission restricts the folder access authority. Due to that the user unable to access the file of a specific folder.
- The file referenced in the error is in use or damaged.
You may see the following error message on your computer screen:
You may also see: What is the solution of QuickBooks error 9999?
Fixing QuickBooks Error 1321: The Installer has Insufficient Privileges to Modify the File
Sometimes, fixing error code 1321 might be little bit tough task for the users. In that situation users should not be worried about this. Calling to support team could be a great idea for the users. Perform the troubleshooting steps in order to resolve QuickBooks error 1321.
Solution 1: Retry to download and install the update
- Whenever you experience this error code – simply click on the “Retry” tab in order to finish the update process.
- In case, the problem pertains – hit onto the “Cancel” icon and later, click on the “Options” icon.
- Disable or turn-off the antivirus program temporarily.
- Finally, try again to install the QuickBooks desktop in a right manner.
Solution 2: Update the Insufficient User Privileges
- During the installation process an error appear in the dialogue information windows. For Instance: AcrobatConnect.cfg shoots the error message on the display.
Error 1321.The Installer does not have proper rights to modify the file C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerTrust\AcrobatConnect.cfg. Action ended 11:21:48: InstallValidate.
- Set the permission privileges on the folder given in the error message. For instance:
On Windows XP Professionals:
- Click on the “Windows+E” key to open/access the ‘Windows Explorer’.
- Navigate to the error 1321 message parent folder.
- For instance: Follow the path of parent folder c:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerTrust\AcrobatConnect.cfg is FlashPlayerTrust
- Perform right-click on the parent folder.
- Later, from the drop-down menu – choose the “Properties” tab.
- Select the “Security” tab.
- Choose the ‘Administrators’ for the ‘Group Or User Names’.
Read it also: Resolve QuickBooks desktop error -6123, 0
On Windows XP:
- Shut-down the system and after 5-10 seconds turn on the computer.
- When the Windows logo shows up, tap on the “F8” key.
- Use the arrow key and go to the “Safe Mode with Networking” icon. Later, tap on to the “Enter” tab.
- In the “Windows XP Professional”, follow the prompted instructions to update the user privileges. Later, start the computer again and then install the QuickBooks again.
- Choose the “System” icon from the “Group or User Names” tab. Later, place the ‘Full Control’ for the user to ‘Allow’ system permission.
- In the “Security” tab, select the “Advanced” icon.
- Hit onto the “Replace Permission Entries On All Child Objects With Entries Here That Apply To Child Objects”.
- Shut-down the “Properties” windows with a click on the “OK” icon.
Solution 3: Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
The QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool is basically designed to spot and fix the issues that happen during QuickBooks installation. This tool can also resolve related with C++, .NET Framework, and MSXML. QB Desktop uses a few core components of Microsoft.
- First of all you need to download the QBInstall Tool from here.
- Install QBInstall Tool tool on your computer.
- After that run this tool to diagnose the installation problems.
You can also download and use QBInstall diagnostic tool from QuickBooks tool hub. Just download tool hub on your system and use diagnostic tool.
Solution 4: Edit the Windows permissions on the folder
- First of all you need to press the “Windows +R” keys to open the “Run” box, On your keyboard.
- After that, enter the path for the folder that is containing the QB program files in the Open field.
- Now press the Enter key.
32- bit versions of Windows (10, 8, 7)
On QuickBooks desktop Enterprise
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\Enterprise Solutions 20.0
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\Enterprise Solutions 19.0
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\Enterprise Solutions 18.0
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\Enterprise Solutions 17.0
On QuickBooks Pro and Premier:
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 2020
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 2019
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 2018
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 2017
On Point of Sale
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale 12.0
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale 11.0
64-bit versions of Windows (10, 8, 7)
On QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Solutions
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\Enterprise Solutions 20.0
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\Enterprise Solutions 19.0
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\Enterprise Solutions 18.0
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\Enterprise Solutions 17.0
On QuickBooks Pro and Premier
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks 2020
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks 2019
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks 2018
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks 2017
On QuickBooks Point of Sale
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale 12.0
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale 11.0
- In the new window, select the “View” option and then select “Customize this folder“.
- Now Visit the “Security“ tab, In the properties window.
- Click the “Administrators“ tab, On the Security tab.
- Choose the “Allow“ checkbox next to “Full Control“.
- Now choose the “SYSTEM“ user, on the “Security” tab.
- After that choose the “Allow checkbox” next to Full Control option.
- Hit a single click on “OK” to close the “Properties” window.
- Finally Install the QuickBooks desktop.
Solution 5: Make new user account with admin privileges
- To begin with, the user needs to click on “Start button“.
- And then, the user needs to click on the “control panel” and select “Users/Accounts“.
- Now, select “New User“.
- The next step is to give a “Name” to the account and ensure that it is set as an “Admin“.
- Moving ahead, the user needs to click on “Create Account option“.
- And then, “Log Out” of the account that is currently being used.
- The last step is to “Log In” to the account created above.
Solution 6: Turn off antivirus and reinstall or update
- The user needs to ‘temporarily disable the antivirus‘ or any other ‘security software‘ installed on the system
- After the security software is disabled or turned off, and just install the QuickBooks software or spot any latest release update
- In case there is any update available, the user is required to ‘download and install‘ it
- After that, the user needs to reactivate the antivirus or other security software
See Also: How to Print W2 Forms in QuickBooks?
We assume that this technical blog would be enough to provide you adequate knowledge to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 1321 alone manually. If the error persist even after using the above-shown steps that suits best in your scenario then, you should freely contact the QuickBooks enterprise technical support team with no hesitation i.e. 1(844)521-0490.
Other helpful topics: