QuickBooks Error code 1321 generally shoots if the installer unable to write any certain file because of the lack in permissions or other permission related problem. In such situation, the user supposes to update the privileges for the QB files or error message sources. By doing so, you can easily fix the QB error codes without any hassles.
When installing or updating, you may see Error 1321, followed by one of these messages:
The installer has insufficient privileges to modify the file C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\sdkeventl.DLL
The installer has insufficient privileges to modify the file C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\CfScan.DLL
The installer has insufficient privileges to modify the file at C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks YEAR\QBONLI32.DLL
The installer has insufficient privileges to modify the file 
The installer has insufficient privileges to modify the file C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale X.0\dataimporter.exe
Possible Causes of QuickBooks Error 1321
- If you see that update process taking much less time than copying a file process.
- QB update Installation process has been blocked by antivirus or firewall settings.
- Windows permission restricts the folder access authority. Due to that the user unable to access the file of a specific folder.
- The file referenced in the error is in use or damaged.
You may see the following error message on your computer screen:
Fixing QuickBooks Error 1321: The Installer has Insufficient Privileges to Modify the File
Sometimes, fixing error code 1321 might be little bit tough task for the users. In that situation users should not be worried about this. Calling to QuickBooks enterprise support team could be a great idea for the users. Perform the troubleshooting steps in order to resolve QuickBooks error 1321.
Solution 1: Retry to download and install the update
- Whenever you experience this error code – simply click on the “Retry” tab in order to finish the update process.
- In case, the problem pertains – hit onto the “Cancel” icon and later, click on the “Options” icon.
- Disable or turn-off the antivirus program temporarily.
- Finally, try again to install the QuickBooks in a right manner.
You may also like: Resolve QuickBooks desktop error -6123, 0
Solution 2: Update the Insufficient User Privileges
- During the installation process an error appear in the dialogue information windows. For Instance: AcrobatConnect.cfg shoots the error message on the display.
Error 1321.The Installer does not have proper rights to modify the file C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerTrust\AcrobatConnect.cfg. Action ended 11:21:48: InstallValidate.
- Set the permission privileges on the folder given in the error message. For instance:
On Windows XP Professionals:
- Click on the “Windows+E” key to open/access the ‘Windows Explorer’.
- Navigate to the error 1321 message parent folder.
- For instance: Follow the path of parent folder c:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerTrust\AcrobatConnect.cfg is FlashPlayerTrust
- Perform right-click on the parent folder.
- Later, from the drop-down menu – choose the “Properties” tab.
- Select the “Security” tab.
- Choose the ‘Administrators’ for the ‘Group Or User Names’.
On Windows XP:
- Shut-down the system and after 5-10 seconds turn on the computer.
- When the Windows logo shows up, tap on the “F8” key.
- Use the arrow key and go to the “Safe Mode with Networking” icon. Later, tap on to the “Enter” tab.
- In the “Windows XP Professional”, follow the prompted instructions to update the user privileges. Later, start the computer again and then install the QuickBooks again.
- Choose the “System” icon from the “Group or User Names” tab. Later, place the ‘Full Control’ for the user to ‘Allow’ system permission.
- In the “Security” tab, select the “Advanced” icon.
- Hit onto the “Replace Permission Entries On All Child Objects With Entries Here That Apply To Child Objects”.
- Shut-down the “Properties” windows with a click on the “OK” icon.
Solution 3: Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- First of all you need to download the QBInstall Tool from here.
- Install QBInstall Tool tool on your computer.
- After that run this tool to diagnose the installation problems.
Note: QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool is basically designed to spot and fix the issues that happen during QuickBooks installation. This tool can also resolve related with C++, .NET Framework, and MSXML. QB Desktop uses a few core components of Microsoft.
Solution 4: Edit the Windows permissions on the folder
- First of all you need to press the “Windows +R” keys to open the “Run” box, On your keyboard.
- After that, enter the path for the folder that is containing the QB program files in the Open field.
- Now press the Enter key.
On Windows 10, 8, 7 (64-bit versions)
QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\Enterprise Solutions 18.0
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\Enterprise Solutions 17.0
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\Enterprise Solutions 16.0
QuickBooks Pro and Premier
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks 2018
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks 2017
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks 2016
QuickBooks Point of Sale
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale 12.0
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale 11.0
- In the new window, select the “View” option and then select “Customize this folder“.
- Now Visit the “Security“ tab, In the properties window.
- Click the “Administrators“ tab, On the Security tab.
- Choose the “Allow“ checkbox next to “Full Control“.
- Now choose the “SYSTEM“ user, on the “Security” tab.
- After that choose the “Allow checkbox” next to Full Control option.
- Hit a single click on “OK” to close the “Properties” window.
- Finally Install the QuickBooks desktop.
Solution 5: Make new user account with admin privileges
- To begin with, the user needs to click on “Start button“.
- And then, the user needs to click on the “control panel” and select “Users/Accounts“.
- Now, select “New User“.
- The next step is to give a “Name” to the account and ensure that it is set as an “Admin“.
- Moving ahead, the user needs to click on “Create Account option“.
- And then, “Log Out” of the account that is currently being used.
- The last step is to “Log In” to the account created above.
We assume that this technical blog would be enough to provide you adequate knowledge to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 1321 alone manually.
If the error persist even after using the above-shown steps that suits best in your scenario then, you should freely contact the QuickBooks enterprise technical support team with no hesitation .i.e. +1(800)969-7370.