Want to enable and use QuickBooks messenger? Well, we have got you covered, as this piece of writing is crafted with an intent to cater with the information related to enabling and using QuickBooks messenger. Well, QuickBooks messenger is available when you are using QuickBooks desktop in multi-user mode. This tool basically allows the user to communicate between employees logged into QuickBooks company file. If you are using QuickBooks for a long time, then you might know this very well that this feature is pretty much new to QuickBooks. Similar to other messengers, QuickBooks messenger helps in normal chats or groups chat with other QuickBooks users in the organization within the QuickBooks application. In order to have an in-depth analysis of this feature, we would recommend to stay glued to this piece of writing.
Moreover, you can also reach out to our support experts and ask them for further assistance to enable or disable the QuickBooks desktop messenger. Hence, connect with the experts using our tech helpline.
You may see also: Steps to configure firewall while for multi-user mode in QuickBooks
Steps to Turn on QuickBooks messenger
Well, in multi-user mode, the user will see the QuickBooks messenger icon in the system tray, at the bottom right of the screen. Moreover, the messenger will automatically start whenever you are logged in. The user is supposed to double click the icon to launch the tool.
Steps to chat with other users
Want to chat with other users? Check out the steps scribbled below:
- When the user gets notified that a user has logged in to the company file, they can choose chat tab on the notification window to kick start a conversation with that user. Furthermore, one can also right click the QuickBooks messenger icon in the system tray and choose chat to start a conversation.
- In case the user is an admin, then they can chat with other users logged into the company file by opting for send message to logged in users from the actions drop down.
The most important thing to note here is that it is not possible for the admin to view a log of conversations between users at this time.
Showing available status
In case the user wishes to show the status i.e. busy, away, or otherwise to other QuickBooks users, then this can be done by changing the available status. From the drop down that displays the username, the user is suggested to select the status that applies depending upon the situation.
You can also see: How to Fix Custom Email Template Issues in QuickBooks Desktop?
Steps for logging off or closing company file for another user
The most important thing to note is that only the admin can log a user off from a QuickBooks company file. The steps involved in logging off or closing company file for another user are as follows:
- First and foremost is to launch QuickBooks messenger, by simply heading to the company menu and opting for the chat with a coworker option.
- Furthermore, from the actions drop-down, go for close company file for users tab.
- Later on, select the user whose QuickBooks is to be closed.
- Head forward by picking up close company file option.
- Last but not the least, in the confirmation window choose yes tab.
Steps to Disabling QuickBooks messenger
In case you want to disable QuickBooks messenger, then you can perform the below steps:
- Start off with signing as admin while you are in the multi-user mode
- Further, navigate to the file and utilities tabs respectively
- Heading forward, the user is recommended to opt for disable QuickBooks messenger
- End the process by logging out of the company file and then log back in for the change to take effect.
To sum it up!
If you are hooked till here, then you might have found this segment a bit helpful to enable/disable and use QuickBooks Messenger. However, if you are confused at any stage or if you need our assistance at any point of time, then do not think twice in connecting with our QuickBooks enterprise customer support at +1-844-521-0490. Our team consists of QuickBooks geeks, who will ensure to clear all your clouds of confusion.
Other helpful articles: