Learn how you can delete a deposit or fund in QuickBooks
QuickBooks is an accounting software loaded with advanced features. Small and medium-sized business owners across the globe trust it to run their business smoothly and meet their financial goals. While it’s incredibly user-friendly, there are a few features that are to some extent complicated. Deleting a deposit in QuickBooks is one such feature and we are going to explain the same here in this article. If you make a wrong payment or an unnecessary payment, you can delete the deposit funds to keep your company’s books right.
To start with, you will have to distinguish various payment categories in QuickBooks. Please note that QuickBooks payments can be divided into two main categories;
- Deposited payments
- Undeposited payments
The user will have to perform an entire process to delete deposit funds in QuickBooks, which will be discussed later in this post. Thus, make sure to read this post till the end. Or you can also get in touch with our QuickBooks support team, in case you are seeking for expert assistance. You can simply ring up at our toll-free number i.e. 1-800-969-7370. And our experts and certified QuickBooks professionals will be happy to help you.
You might also like: What is the use of QuickBooks tool hub?
How to Delete a Deposit in QuickBooks Desktop?
You can get the Delete Deposit option on the Edit toolbar in case you have chosen the deposit within the register. If there are multiple payments in one deposit then you can only open the transaction and use the Delete Line option instead.
- First of all, hit a click on Lists at the top menu bar.
- After that hit a click Chart of Accounts option.
- Now double-click on the account and then click on deposit.
- If you want to delete a specific payment, select it from the list.
- Now hit a click on the Edit tab that is located on the top menu bar.
- After that choose Delete Line option.
- Now you can choose Delete Deposit option if you want to delete the entire deposit.
- Finally click on OK when it ask to delete the transaction.
Steps to undo a Payment from deposit in QuickBooks
You can follow the below-mentioned steps to remove a payment from a deposit in QuickBooks:
- Go to QuickBooks Homepage and open Record Deposit
- Select Banking menu and the Make Deposits
- Tap on Cancel if the window for Payments to Deposit opens
- Choose Previous to browse through the transactions till you locate the payment or deposit that has to be deleted.
- Tap on Edit menu and then select Delete Deposit to remove the deposit in QuickBooks.
Steps to Remove Duplicate Payments in QuickBooks
Duplicate payments show up in QuickBooks when by mistake you enter the payment twice if by accident you might have entered the payment more than once. Follow the below-mentioned steps to easily delete duplicate payments in QuickBooks.
- Click on the QuickBooks icon desktop and select the company file.
- After your company file opens on your computer screen, go to the Banking menu and select Make a Deposit from options on the screen.
- Choose the part that has to be deleted and then choose Edit.
- Next, hit edit Delete Line from the drop-down menu.
- Click Save for changes to get applied.
- Now, move to the List menu and select Chart of Accounts.
- Double-click on the undeposited funds and the bank account register will open.
- Finally, click on the duplicate payment that has to be deleted and use the Edit tab to Delete Payment.
Steps to Delete or Undo Deposited Payment in QuickBooks
- Open QuickBooks and tap on the Record Deposits icon available under the Banking tab on the dashboard.
- Wait for the Payments to Deposit window to appear and then click Cancel under the Make Deposits View section.
- I order to delete payments in QuickBooks, click on the particular deposit. If you are unable to find it, click Previous and find a specific entry.
- Go to the Edit menu and press Delete Deposit.
- A warning message will appear, press OK to confirm the action.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to remove a payment from undeposited funds in QuickBooks.
Delete or Undo a Payment from Undeposited Funds
- Go to QuickBooks and select Lists
- Choose Chart of Accounts.
- Select undeposited funds from the drop-down list
- Do a right-click on Amount to be deleted and click Delete Deposit in the available options.
- Press OK for confirming the action
Important: Please note that if you use the undeposited fund account, removing the payment will also remove the payment and you will have to recreate the original payment at the time of depositing the funds.
Read it also: How to Fix QuickBooks Pos error code 100060?
Delete or Undo a Payment in QuickBooks Online
If you are using QuickBooks Online, follow the below-mentioned steps to delete a payment.
- Open QuickBooks Online, go to Customers menu and select the particular customer.
- Wait for the payments to be displayed and select the payment to delete.
- On the payments window, click More and then Delete.
You are very likely to be able to delete a deposit in QuickBooks by following the steps provided in this article. If you have any query or you require any assistance, you can contact our 24×7 QuickBooks enterprise support team. You can make a call at our toll-free number i.e. 1-800-969-7370, and ask our experts to fix the error for you. You can discuss the issue with our experts without any hesitation and our experts will be happy to fix the issue for you.
Other helpful articles to read: