QuickBooks desktop Enterprise is regarded as one of the best accounting software when it comes to accounting and bookkeeping. The software is known for the features that it offers, one of which is that the users can easily customize the access for different user roles. This feature helps the user to access what is needed to do the job in QuickBooks. Not only this, the user also gets an opportunity to invite users that don’t regularly work in QuickBooks, like a payroll manager or payroll processor, in order to create an account. This will surely help those users to make use of the services like payroll or TSheets.
Well, creating and managing roles in QuickBooks doesn’t involve any rocket science, all it needs is a couple of steps to be followed. If you are interested in knowing the process to create and manage roles in QuickBooks desktop enterprise, then make sure to read this article carefully till the end. An alternative for the same can be to get in touch with our toll-free customer support number i.e. 1(844)521-0490. We are a team of certified accounting professionals who work round the clock to provide the best possible support services. Thus, feel free to call us at any point of time, and leave the rest on us.
You may also like: How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Server Busy Error Message?
Steps to create and manage user roles in QuickBooks desktop enterprise
Following are the latest steps to create and manage the roles in QuickBooks desktop enterprise solutions:
Step 1: Adding and inviting QuickBooks users to a role
Now that you are aware of the basic information related to creating and managing roles in QuickBooks desktop, it is the right time to start with the process to add and invite QuickBooks users to a role. There can be users who work regularly with QuickBooks, for such users there is an option to add and invite them to a particular role. To understand it better, let us consider an example, that an inventory role will have the access to alter the quantities on hand, view item receipt, and also inventory reports. This can be usually done by the steps below:
- The user is required to begin with navigating to the company menu and then, opt for users and also hop on the users and roles option
- After that, the user is supposed to enter the admin password and hit OK tab
- The next step is to click on new from the user list tab
- The user will then have to enter a user-name and also an optional password
- Once done with that, the user needs to select user’s role from available roles and then opt for add
- Now, the user needs to enter the user’s email address and hit OK tab
- The last step is to hit OK from the confirmation window.
There are a few roles that require a user’s Intuit account linked. This will involve, accountant, external accountant, finance full access, payroll manager, payroll processor, and also view only roles.
After the user checks the email regarding the invite, he/she will have to choose accept invite, followed by signing in with the help of Intuit ID.
Step 2: Managing Intuit Account Users and their roles
There can be users who fall in the category where they do not use QuickBooks that often and only access to some of the connected services. For example, the payroll, Workforce, TSheets, or Capital. These users can be invited to create an Intuit account, and also can be assigned a basic user role. Well, this is a required default role that is automatically assigned to the user and also will not grant any permission on its own.
- The very first step in this process is to navigate to the company menu and also choose users and Intuit account user management
- After that, the user will have to select add user from the users tab
- Once done with that, it is important to enter the user’s name and user’s email, along with that select the role from available roles and then hit on Add option
- The next step is to select add user
- And lastly, hit OK button
Once the user identifies the mail invite, then the user will have to opt for accept invite, and then sign in using their email or User ID.
Step 3: Using predefined roles
There are fourteen predefined roles that the user can select from. This will also cover some common roles for majority of the businesses. It should be noted that the roles that are marked with an asterisk, have unrestricted access to view all the transaction in the account. The user can also customize predefined roles to start with some existing permissions. The user should consider the fact that any adjustments made are applied to all the users who have that role.
- Initially, the user needs to navigate to the company menu and also opt for users. After that, choose users and roles
- And then, choose the role list tab
- After that, opt for a role and then hop on edit option to review its permissions
- The user will then have to select an area of the accounts in the area and activities section. The user will have to review each area and choose none, full, or partial to set the role’s permission level
- In the last step, after the permissions are set for each area, the user can select OK to save
Step 4: Creating a new custom role
After you are done with the above procedures, here you can learn creating a new custom role. The user can simply create brand new roles from its initial stage. This offers flexibility to determine which specific area of accounts can be accessed:
- At first, the user needs to move to the company menu and also opt for users tab. The user will then have to select users and roles
- After that, choose the role list tab and also choose new option
- The user will then have to assign a name and description to the role. It is recommended to name it in a way that it indicates the permission level
- Once done with that, the user will have to choose an area of the accounts in the area and activities
- The last step is to hit OK and Save option.
Step 5: Reviewing the roles and permissions
In order to review the roles and permissions, the user can run a Permission access by roles report. For this the user needs to follow the steps listed below:
- The very first step is to move to the company menu and also select users. After that select users and roles
- The next step is to select the role list tab and also choose view permissions
- Lastly, the user needs to select the roles you want to review and then choose display
The user will get a report that shows all roles and their permissions
By now, you might be thorough with the process to create and manage roles in QuickBooks desktop enterprise. The above stated methods are enough to create and manage roles in QuickBooks enterprise successfully. However, in case of any query or in case you are stuck somewhere, then we recommend you to get in touch with our QuickBooks enterprise customer support team at 1-844-521-0490.
Our team will ensure that you do not face any sort of issue and also will ensure to successfully create and manage roles in QuickBooks desktop enterprise.
Similar posts that you may like: