All that you needed to know about creating a QuickBooks accountant copy
Over the past few years, QuickBooks have gained immense popularity among medium and small scale businesses. QuickBooks is known to be one of the best accounting software in the world, in fact it has brought a sea change in the way accounting is done. From maintaining the inventory to managing the finances to the payments, this application helps the organization with everything. One of the best things about QuickBooks is that it has 24/7 support for its users. In fact, the users can fix any accounting issues through online tutorials available on the internet.
In this article we will discuss about creating QuickBooks accountant copy. Creating an accountant’s copy basically helps them in making changes without interrupting your work. Once your accountant is done with they can simply import the changes and update the book.
Brief into Accountant’s Copy
Before creating an Accountant’s copy, one should find out what the dividing date will be. One will only be able to enter the transactions in the current period that can be any date after the dividing date once the Accountant’s copy is created. The accountant will craft the transactions on or before the dividing date.
Steps to create a QuickBooks accountant copy
Below are the steps to create a QuickBooks accountant copy.
Step 1: Set-up QuickBooks
Before you begin, if you use QuickBooks desktop enterprise then you have to turn off any Advanced Inventory features that you currently use. Once you send the Accountant’s copy you will turn it on again. However, in case you use QuickBooks Desktop Pro or Premier or you don’t use the Advanced Inventory then you can skip this step.
Step 2: Create an Accountant’s Copy
To get an Accountant’s copy to your accountant, there are two ways. You can make a file to put on a USB or in online hosting service. You can also use the Accountant’s copy File Transfer Service to send a file through the web.
Create a file you can put on a USB
- First thing to do is go to the File Menu and then to Send Company File.
- Then go to the Accountant’s copy and then to Client Activities.
- Now select Save File and after that click on Next button.
- Choose the Accountant’s Copy and then tap on Next.
- Now enter the dividing date and then select on Next option.
Now you have an Accountant’s copy and at the end of the filename it will be a .qbx. The file can be transferred on a USB and the accountant can get it from there. You can attach in an email or also share it through a cloud service.
Send a file through the Accountant’s copy file service
- First, go the File Menu and then to Send Company File.
- After that go to Accountant’s copy and then to the Client Activities
- Now choose Send to Accountant and then click on Next
- Enter the dividing date and then choose Next
- After this enter your as well as your accountant’s email addresses.
- Now create a file password for the file as your accountant will require to open it
- Once you are ready, select Send.
QuickBooks will now close all open windows and then send the file. You should note that your accountant will have only two weeks to download the Accountant’s copy that have sent.
Once done now you can turn the Advanced Inventory on again.
Read it also: How to solve QuickBooks online login issues?
Step 3: Import your accountant changes
Once you have sent the Accountant’s copy, QuickBooks will add an Accountant Changes Pending reminder to your company file name. Moreover, it will also restrict few activities so as to avoid conflicting with the modifications made by your accountant.
How to restore the Accountant’s Copy in QuickBooks?
Once the user is done with sharing an accountant’s copy and receiving back with the accountant’s modification, one can add the data to the primary QuickBooks file. The method used to import the file depends on whether the user received the copy via the Web or the user has access to the file on the system or local network. The process involved in importing is as follows:
Import via Web
- The first step is to start QuickBooks and then choose the File menu. Followed by selecting open or Restore Company, and then click on Open a company file and then hit Next.
- Once done with that, the user is required to click on Browse and then the user is required to opt for the company file to be opened. After that, click on Open and then enter the login information, if needed.
- The next step is to opt for the file menu, point to Accountant’s copy and then select Import Accountant’s changed from Web. In case the user is having Enterprise solutions or Premier Accountant edition, then the user is supposed to click on the file menu and then point to Client Activities, along with selecting Import Accountant’s Changes from web. Also download the available accountant’s copy.
Import via File
- Firstly, the user is required to start QuickBooks and then opt for the file menu. After that select the Open or Restore Company option, along with clicking on the Open a company file and then hit Next. Once done with that, the user is supposed to click on Browse and then opt for the company file that you wish to open, along with that hit Open and then enter the login information if prompted.
- The next step is to select the file menu and then point to Accountant’s copy, followed by selecting the Import Accountant’s Changes from File. If the user uses the enterprise or premier accountant edition, then click on the file menu and client activities, along with import accountant’s changes from the file.
- Once done with that, the user is required to locate the modified Accountant’s copy that has the .qby extension. And then select the file and hit open.
Restoring the Accountant’s Copy
- The user is required to place the file in the FileBridge Group drive (G: drive).
- And then open the QuickBooks company file corresponding the Accountant’s copy to be imported.
- After that, the user is required to visit the file > Send company file > Accountant’s Copy > Client Activities > Import Accountant’s Change from File.
- Then, browse the file in G: drive.
- Now, complete the backup of the company file.
- Accept the Accountant’s changes and complete the merge back to the company file.
Read Also: How to .ND files in QuickBooks desktop?
It is pretty easy to create an accountant’s QuickBooks copy. However, if you still have queries about creating Accountant’s copy then you can check with the experienced QuickBooks enterprise technical support experts at 1-844-521-0490 who are available 24/7 to guide you.
Other helpful articles: