Simple tips to follow to fix incorrect cache amount for QuickBooks and slow computer
QuickBooks Enterprise is an accounting and bookkeeping software that has contributed to the success of tens of thousands of small- and mid-sized organizations all around the world. The modern software allows business owners to handle business with ease. When you install QuickBooks Enterprise, cache memory is itself inbuilt and used by the data manager. The number of caches sometimes may exceed or fall short and cause your computer to slow down.
Correcting cache amount for QuickBooks Enterprise can be a bit confusing for majority of the QuickBooks users, but need not to worry any more. As we have come up with this article, where we are going to brief you with all the facts related to correcting cache amount for QuickBooks Enterprise. Thus, make sure to stay tuned with the article till the end. However, a quick fix for the same can be to get in touch with our QuickBooks support team via our toll-free number i.e. 1-800-969-7370. We are a team of experts and certified QuickBooks professionals, who work round the clock to provide the best possible support services for any kind of QuickBooks related trouble.
When does QuickBooks Enterprise get incorrect caches?
The cache amount may get incorrect while performing the following action:
- At the time of updating MS Windows to the latest version
- While updating QuickBooks Desktop to the latest version
- While updating QuickBooks Enterprise to the newest launch
How to correct the cache amount for QuickBooks Enterprise?
You can perform the following solutions to fix the incorrect amount of caches in QuickBooks Enterprise:
Solution 1: Use QBW.ini file to get correct memory cache amount
- Turn on the computer that has QBW.ini file
- Search and find C:\ProgramData\Intuit
- Choose a DBSERVER OPTIONS with right values. The two options that you will have:
- Initial Cache: Use it till the first file is opened. You should keep to 0 or none and it won’t impact your computer’s performance.
- Max Cache: It allows you improve your computer’s performance. Use QuickBooks Database Server Manager to communicate with the company file setting via Maximum memory status.
- Save QBW.ini file – turn off and then on the file.
Solution 2: Alter the cache settings for Server Only Install
Perform the following steps for Server Only install:
Option 1: Check the current cache setting by signing-in to Windows
- Choose open command to offer QuickBooks desktop file multi-user access
- Enter HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\QuickBooksDB25\Parameter
- You would then receive the following message in QB_SERVER_NAME-qs-gd ALL –gk all –GP 4096 –gu all –ch 256 -c 128M…
- Make a note of the number after –ch and –c
- You must spell the message correctly and the system should host multi-user access for QuickBooks desktop.
Option 2: Go to the registry and change the setting
- Save your work and sign out from QB Desktop
- Stop the accounting software database service and put in net stop QuickBooks DB25
- That will stop all the DB connections and unsaved work will not be accessible
- Make the correction in the registry of Windows
- The location of the key is-KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\QuickBooks:
- The value may be like –n QB_SERVER_NAME –qs –gd all –gp 4096 –gu all –ch 256M –c 128M
- Change –c 128M to –c 256M and –ch 256M to –ch 512M and save the changes
- Open the command prompt and type in net start QuickBooks DB25
- Restart QuickBooks and check if the issue has been fixed.
We have created this blog post after consulting our support and hope that you find it helpful in getting the correct cache amount for QuickBooks Enterprise.
If the issue persists, your system is still slow, or you face any other QuickBooks related issue, you can contact our 24×7 QuickBooks enterprise support team at +1(800)969-7370 for quick and precise solutions. We are a team of certified professionals and experts who are always there to help you in your accounting problems.
You might also like: