In search of the process to convert from Sage 50 to QuickBooks desktop? Well, moving the account data from Sage 50 over to QuickBooks desktop doesn’t involve any rocket science. Simply using QuickBooks conversion tool to move the data automatically. Today, we will be talking about this process in detail.
However, if you need any technical assistance to carry out the process to convert from Sage 50 to QuickBooks desktop, then in that case you can feel free to contact our support team right away at our toll-free customer support number i.e. 1-844-521-0490. Our experts and certified professionals will ensure to provide the best possible support services.
You may see: How to Tackle Out QuickBooks Error code 6129, 0?
Steps to convert from Sage 50 to QuickBooks desktop
There are certain steps involved in the process of converting from sage 50 to QuickBooks, which includes the following:
Step 1: Reviewing the conversion requirements
Before the user starts, it is important to check the system requirements for the conversion tool. These requirements include:
- Operating system: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8
- Processor: 500 MHz Intel Pentium II
- Memory: 512 MB
- Hard drive: 2.5 GB of free space
- Microsoft .Net framework: Version 2.0
- QuickBooks desktop: Premier, Pro, or Enterprise 2018 or higher
- Sage 50: Version 2013 and above
In case you haven’t already, the user needs to ensure that the system meets the QuickBooks desktop system requirements.
You can convert:
- Account, Employee, Item, Customer, and Vendor lists
- Account balances
- Customer and vendor transactions
- Employee profile and contact info
- Payroll General Ledger account balance info
- Paychecks (convert as journal entries)
You can’t convert
- The user can’t convert payroll transactions and employee year to date info
- Payroll items used to calculate paychecks
- Individual employee wage or deduction information
- Fixed assets
- Work tickets
- Closed or partially closed sales orders, purchase orders, and estimates
The user should also keep in mind that he/she can only convert the versions of Sage 50 and QuickBooks desktop from the same region. In case, the user is having a US version of Sage 50, he is required to convert it to a US version of QuickBooks desktop
Step 2: Preparing for the conversion
It is important for the user ensure to save the file location, in order to avoid conversion tool error:
- In case the user hasn’t already, he/she is needed to install QuickBooks on the same system where Sage 50 is placed
- And then, ensure that Sage 50 and QuickBooks data are saved on the local hard drive. In case it is not, then the user is supposed to move it to the local hard drive before starting. The conversion tool will encounter an error if the user is hosting a file over the network or on a server
- Now, create a backup of the Sage 50 data before starting.
See Also: Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 15242
Step 3: Setup Sage 50
It is important to note that the user should have an admin user access to perform the above steps:
- The very first step is to open Sage 50 and the file the user wants to convert
- After that, from the main menu the user needs to choose maintain
- Now, select users and then setup security
- The user is then required to select the data access/ crystal reports tab
- And also, select with the following login information option
- Now, the user is supposed to select change and set a password for the transfer
- And lastly, the user should select OK and then close Sage 50.
Step 4: Downloading the conversion tool
- In this step, the user is supposed to download the QuickBooks conversion tool
- And also, look for and open the folder you saved the downloaded file to
- Now, the user needs to right click on the QuickBooks conversion tool icon and also select properties
- Followed by under the compatibility mode, the user needs to select the checkbox for run this program compatibility for, and then choose from the drop down the windows operating system being used
- Now, hit OK button
- And towards the end, right click the QuickBooks conversion tool setup.exe file and choose run as admin
Step 5: Converting the data
- For converting the data, the user needs to select browse in the conversion tool
- And also, find and select the Sage 50 company file you want to convert
- After that in the pervasive 32-bit ODBC engine DSN setup window, the user needs to select the Sage 50 company file from the database name drop-down menu. And also hit OK button.
- The user is then required to enter the Sage 50 password been created. And then hit next
- Also, select the QuickBooks desktop version and edition being moved the sage data into, and then enter the company file name in the field.
- Followed by selecting browse and select the folder to save the converted data to, and then hit next. In case you don’t pick a folder, then the default is the my documents folder. In case you select a folder, it is highly recommended to import into a file that is 2 folders deep maximum.
- Also, the user needs to review what have been entered. In case everything looks good, the user can select convert file to start the conversion. This will launch the software and the QuickBooks application certificate window requesting access to the company file
- The next step is to select yes to the prompt each time and hit continue, in order to allow the application
This might take some time to convert the data and the conversion tool will let you know if the conversion is successful.
- Once done, move ahead
- If not, then reach out to the support team as something might went wrong.
Step 6: Reviewing the conversion
After the tool completes its job, the user is supposed to select open in QuickBooks. And then, review the data in QuickBooks and also ensure that everything is there. And then review the transfer log.
- The user is required to open the Windows Start menu
- And also, look for and open File Explorer
- The user is then required to move to the C:\USERS\ Windows user name\ My Documents\ Intuit\QuickBooks
- Lastly, review the failed transaction log file in the folder. This will tell the user is any data didn’t transfer over
Once the user is done with reviewing the log, the process is done.
This drives us towards the conclusion of this article, where we expect that the above stated steps might be enough for you to convert from Sage 50 to QuickBooks desktop. However, if you have any doubts remaining, then do not think much in calling us at any point of time.
Our experts and certified accounting professionals will ensure to provide the best possible support services. Give us a call at our QuickBooks enterprise support number i.e. 1-844-521-0490, and leave the rest on our professionals.
Other helpful articles: