The user can purchase the licenses if needed, especially when the user is planning to simultaneously access a QuickBooks desktop company file. QuickBooks desktop premier allows up to 5 users and Pro allows up to 3 users to work in a company file at the same time. However, if the user wishes to have more than 5 users, QuickBooks desktop enterprise solutions permits more than 30 users working on the company file at the same time.
Reading this article ahead, will provide you with the information to add a user license to QuickBooks software. Thus, if interested, then make sure to read the article till the end. Or an alternative for the same can be to get in touch with our toll-free customer support number i.e. +1-844-521-0490. And let our professionals to carry out the process for you and clear all your clouds of confusion.
You may also read: How to use QuickBooks Condense Repair tool?
To find out number of user licenses you have:
Before the user adds a user license to QuickBooks, it is better to find out how may user licenses do you have. The steps to followed are:
- First of all, press F2 key to open the product information window in QuickBooks
- The next step is to note the number listed for user licenses in the upper left
- The user is then required to repeat each installation of QuickBooks desktop
To find current pricing information for adding users to license
In order to find out the current pricing information for adding users to license in QuickBooks desktop, the below steps to be followed are:
- Initially, the user needs to move to the help in QuickBooks and then choose manage my license and then buy additional user license.
- Also, the user will have to opt for the add seats online link for current pricing.
Related Article: Ways to Create an Accountant Copy in QuickBooks
Steps involved in purchasing additional user licenses
Now that you know all the above information related to the licenses, it is the right time to purchase additional user licenses. The steps to be followed are:
- The very first step is to move to the help menu in QuickBooks and then select manage my license and also buy additional user license.
- It should be noted that, if the buy additional user license isn’t available, then the QuickBooks may already be at the maximum users allowed.
- Now, the page that opens gives the user the option to buy additional licenses online or by phone. In case the user opts to use the phone option, then the user will be given the phone number to contact Intuit. In case the user uses the online option, a new page will open permitting the user to select the number of licenses he/she would like to buy.
- After that, the user needs to install QuickBooks desktop on additional computers based on the number of licenses the user purchased. The user can use the same license and product numbers used to originally install QuickBooks desktop.
- The last step is to follow the prompts to activate QuickBooks desktop after installing.
The user can also go to the help option and then choose manage my license and then sync license data online to update the new license information.
In case the user is installing QuickBooks on a system that doesn’t have internet access, the user can manually update the new license information by opting help then manage my license and buy additional user licenses. The user can also use the phone option to enter the same validation code received when purchased the additional license.
This brings us towards the end of this article, where we expect that the information shared in above will help in adding a user license to QuickBooks software. However, if you are having any query, or in case of any difficulty, do not hesitate in calling us at any point of time.
Other helpful articles: