Are you in search of the process to add a customer, employee, or vendor in QuickBooks for Mac? If yes, then it is recommended to read this article. If you have the contact information of the customers from an outside source like Gmail, the user can easily import them in QuickBooks. In case you have customers in the contacts, then we suggest you to sync them with QuickBooks. In this article, we will be talking about the process to add a customer, employee, or vendor in QuickBooks for Mac.
To know more, make sure to read this article till the end, or you can also get in touch with our toll-free customer support number i.e. +1-844-521-0490. We are a team of professionals and certified proadvisors, who work round the clock to provide technical assistance to all sorts of QuickBooks errors.
You may also see: How to Improve QuickBooks Desktop Performance?
Steps to add a customer in QuickBooks Desktop for MAC
The user can add the customers in the customer list so that he/she can manage the information and track the invoices. The steps to be followed are:
- First of all, the user is supposed to move to the customers menu and also select customer center
- After that, select the + menu and also choose new customer
- The next step is to fill-out the fields and in case there is no filed for the info that he/she wishes to enter (like a customer’s website), the user can create a custom field
- The last step is to click on OK tab
Creating a customer window
The user will see certain fields on each tab of the create customer window, which includes:
- Address info
- Additional info
- Payment info
Steps to add an employee in QuickBooks Desktop for MAC
It should be noted that the employees and contractors are different. In case you aren’t sure which worker is to be added to the employee list, then you can find out the difference between employee and contractor. Below are the steps to add an employee:
- Initially, the user is supposed to move to the lists and then opt for employees’ tab
- Now, choose + menu and then select the new employee tab
- The next step is to fill out the fields in the address info tab. The user is supposed to make a note of the below mentioned fields:
- Social security number: The QuickBooks accounting software observes federal standards for social security numbers. In case any error message is seen, the user can call his/her social security admin office to check the validity of the number.
- Initials: QuickBooks fills in the initials of the employees, while filling in the employee name. In case the employees ear commissions for the items that are sold, the user can select an employee’s initials from the rep drop down menu, when the user enters a sale or estimate to give the employee credit. After that, the user can produce reports that show the sales for each employee.
- Address: Another field is the employee’s address. The user is supposed to select address details to ensure that each individual address field is filled in correctly. The user can export the address into for mail merge. The user is also required to ensure to include two letter state abbreviations and the zip code in the last line of the address.
- After that, the user is required to select the additional info tab. And then fill out the fields
- The last step is to hit OK button.
In order to mark an employee as inactive, the user will have to select inactive checkbox. Also, uncheck the include inactive checkbox to hide them from the employee list.
It should be noted that if the user plans to use QuickBooks payroll for Mac, employee names in paycheck data imported from QuickBooks payroll for Mac must be tall with the QuickBooks employee list.
Adding a vendor in QuickBooks Desktop for MAC
The steps involved in adding a vendor are as follows:
- The user is first required to move to the vendors and choose vendor center
- After that select + menu and then select the new vendor
- Once done with that, the user needs to fill out the fields. In case there is no filed for the info that you want to enter, then create a custom field
- And lastly, hit OK tab
In order to mark a vendor as inactive, the user will have to select the vendor is inactive checkbox
Steps for Adding another name
In case the user is not having a name that is not a customer, vendor, or employee, the user can use the other names list.
- First of all, move to the lists and choose other names
- After that, select the + menu and choose new other name
- The next step is to complete the fields on the address info tab
- Also, add any notes you want to add
- The last step is to select OK tab
For marking a name as inactive, the user can select inactive checkbox. After that, uncheck the include inactive checkbox to hide them from the list.
What to do to edit a customer, employee, vendor, or other name?
If a situation arises that the user needs to make changes to the info that you entered, the user can always edit a customer, employee, vendor, or other name on the lists menu. The steps involved are as follows:
- The user is required to move to the lists, and also select the list you want to view
- After that, select the customer, employee, vendor, or other name that you want to edit and then choose the pencil icon to make changes
- Lastly, the user needs to select OK after the changes are made.
By now, it is believed that the information stated above might help in adding a customer, employee, or vendor in QuickBooks for Mac. However, in case of any query or if you are stuck somewhere, then in feel free to call us at our toll-free customer support number i.e. 1(844)521-0490. Our QuickBooks enterprise experts and certified professionals will ensure to provide the best possible support services instantly.
You might also like: